• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
This beta is annoying the ever loving shit out of me. Every platinum, super plat, ultra plat and diamond player 40002s on me while every level 0 rookie connects just fine.

It's like I'm back in SFV's launch period
Uh, how is that okay.
How else do you expect Gief and Cammy to compete with Alex, Nash and Fang? LOL

On a more serious note Gief was great in S2 already. He will be another problem character for season 2.5 if they keep him as is.

kirblar

Didn't Decapre already have a good-looking Air Throw animation?

Seems like they wanted to make it so she'd lose corner if she uses it while you're cornered.

Yeah, I find Zhi to be pretty insufferable. He's like the one guy you knew in high school who thought he was funny because he made out-of-context pop culture references all the time.

MCD250

Man, I'd be good with it if they'd just recycled the animation of her hooligan air throw. This spin around on a pole thing is some shit.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Yeah, I find Zhi to be pretty insufferable. He's like the one guy you knew in high school who thought he was funny because he made out-of-context pop culture references all the time.

I used to appreciate zhi's trolly nature until all he ever started doing was make fun of americans. Like alright breh. We get it. The gaijin suck.

Femto.

I used to appreciate zhi's trolly nature until all he ever started doing was make fun of americans. Like alright breh. We get it. The gaijin suck.

He made two travel ban jokes during the Valle (Rashid) vs Daigo (Guile) match

b05d05aae302296c24ccc845b36aedce.jpg

remz

let �� me �� star �� bucks ��

the server point adjustments bumped me from 4k to 4.3k, now I'm 5k! New PB! yay Kolin!

Village

One of the things I don't see being mentioned in the pc beta, is that they changed the CSS, where the portraits are actually smaller to accommodate future DLC characters. And unless i missed this, or have an extra mod on and forgot, they seem to have added stage elements to dlc stages.

Edzi

I told y'all the first day wouldn't work out well. But whatever, it's a beta, and if they hadn't done this and just dropped the update on us, everyone would have lost it.

While this is technically true, they really should have waited until they had a more stable beta since this doubles as a free week for new players to try out the game. They already screwed up their first impression, and they're in the process of ruining the second.

While this is technically true, they really should have waited until they had a more stable beta since this doubles as a free week for new players to try out the game. They already screwed up their first impression, and they're in the process of ruining the second.

They probably don't have the time. A beta for this week gives them a four week buffer to sit down and fix shit before the releasing it on the promised date of April 32nd.

At least they are going to attempt to fix it right now and not just wait until the next downtime: https://twitter.com/SFVServer/status/846878874818396161

jett

D-Member
I told y'all the first day wouldn't work out well. But whatever, it's a beta, and if they hadn't done this and just dropped the update on us, everyone would have lost it.

I imagine the servers will go to shit regardless, as they always do when there's an influx of traffic.

I imagine the servers will go to shit regardless, as they always do when there's an influx of traffic.

The first half an hour to an hour wasn't too terrible. Like, once you got into a match, things were fine. And I don't think the issue with finding people was related to server load, but I could be wrong!

It's just after that I couldn't find one match and BLs were unplayable. So whatever coding needs to be tweaked to correct an error from 2016 needs to happen. Otherwise, it's an improvement.

And seriously guys, how is nobody shifting through the files

Eita has achieved the perfect true form of Ken - unpredictability with real skill. Who are you fighting? A pro? A bronze player? You'll never know, because Eita changes that every second.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Eita has achieved the perfect true form of Ken - unpredictability with real skill. Who are you fighting? A pro? A bronze player? You'll never know, because Eita changes that every second.

Eita is now my Ken idol. I've always fancied my own style to be a bit of a mystery. My biggest strength is that my opponents can't tell if I'm an idiot or not. Spoiler: I am.

Sayad

That was an upset. Eita was really happy beating Daigo because his Guile usually beats him on stream. I don't think it's a good matchup for Ken either.

That was a poor loss for Daigo. Should have won.
Daigo was actually making fun of Eita on his last stream saying he feel sorry for him because Guile is such a bad match up for Ken.

MrCarter

People acting offended because a "beta" is not working properly smh. The whole point of it is so they can stress test the servers and then do maintenance as they go along to rectify any issues they might find.

Daigo should be happy. They gave a slight buff to some of Ryu's reverts!

S1 s.lk "X": 0.25, "Y": 0.3, "Z": 0, "Width": 1.04, "Height": 0.3,
S2 s.lk "X": 0.25, "Y": 0.3, "Z": 0, "Width": 0.89, "Height": 0.3,
beta s.lk "X": 0.25, "Y": 0.3, "Z": 0, "Width": 1.05, "Height": 0.3,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom