• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lulubop

Daigo should be happy. They gave a slight buff to some of Ryu's reverts!

S1 s.lk "X": 0.25, "Y": 0.3, "Z": 0, "Width": 1.04, "Height": 0.3,
S2 s.lk "X": 0.25, "Y": 0.3, "Z": 0, "Width": 0.89, "Height": 0.3,
beta s.lk "X": 0.25, "Y": 0.3, "Z": 0, "Width": 1.05, "Height": 0.3,

So they made it even better than s1? That's kinda surprising. Very nice

HardRojo

Does it register inputs in the Game Controllers utlity? If so, you can just configure it as a dinput device in SFV. Apparently it's a toss up whether or not it likes your USB chipset.
It recognizes it but it won't set it because it doesn't recognize any inputs lol. Well, at least I can run the game at low and 600p for now, my laptop sucks. I'll try to build a good PC next year or in a couple of years :p

I figured they would go half way on that like how they did to his cr. MK back in the SF4 series after it was nerfed a few times. It's nice to have it all the way back and then also a tiny sliver. At least characters like Rog won't be able to abuse their -4 moves on Ryu anymore.

Nyoro SF

Sorry for the troubles and thanks for your patience. As you may be aware, server has been taken offline for maintenance.

Naturally, with a brand new server environment and code changes on the client side, we're seeing unexpected connectivity issues. The team is now triaging and making some updates.

Per the sticky thread, SFV Server team will update their Twitter feed as soon as they have it back online.

Is there any future where SFV will have numerical ping and RTT instead of colored bars?

This would really elevate the game for every player, both casual and competitive...

Sayad

No way! Figured if anything, they'd meet halfway.
Those numbers doesn't 100% tell the whole story, those are the dimensions of the hitbox, for all we know, it could be that the hitbox is wider but its position isn't the same as before.

Downloaded the beta, so... No training mode?!

Downloaded the beta, so... No training mode?!

Capcom-Unity said:
Please note, we had previously announced that settings would carryover between Training Mode sessions. This feature is still planned for when the new CFN launches, but will be disabled during the PC Beta. Since the PC beta will only feature online modes, Training Mode will not be testable at this time. We apologize for any confusion.

Kikirin

Those numbers doesn't 100% tell the whole story, those are the dimensions of the hitbox, for all we know, it could be that the hitbox is wider but its position isn't the same as before.

I'm under the impression that x/y/z is the starting coordinate of the hitbox. In that case, it's the same in all three revisions with the box width changed up.

Kikirin

Peeking into the script for FANG's changes for some of the more-ambiguous seeming st.lp changes:
  • The hitbox for the second frame is indeed changed. While largely similar to that of the first active frame, it reaches as horizontally far as the third active frame now.
  • The hitstun for the second and third active frames is indeed one frame longer than that of the first active frame. Blockstun is the same. So st.lp can be +7/+8 on regular hit if you can space it correctly or land it meaty.

Whales

Banned
I'm playing the CFN Beta test currently and while I was on Guile's Airforce Base stage, I noticed they've implemented a few changes to the stage now:

- The background characters now do more actions during the match, The couple on the right side start off as alone in the beginning, but later on the girl's boyfriend joins her to watch the match.

- The guy sitting on the crates in the middle ends up sitting inside the cockpit of the jet in the second round, he also starts firing the turret gun at certain times during the match.

- Byron Taylor is also more interactive during the course of the match as you see him performing more actions.

- All the background characters sometimes fall on the floor when you perform a hard knockdown.

- The crates are now interactive, you can smash the crates just like you could in the original SF 2 stage.

- The leftmost crate is now open as opposed to being closed. You can see it's got missiles stocked inside.

- The hangar / pod / capsule on the left side of the stage also starts moving. It was stationary in the previous version of the stage.

- You also now see there's a jeep on the right side of the stage.

- You also see trucks and jeeps running around in the background now, there's also a few jets that fly past above the sky.

Observing all these changes makes me assume Capcom might be preparing new missions in the future.

from a guy on my fb with a video proof

good to see capcom giving stages some love too. I wonder if they change other stages too?

also ryu's cr.hp animatoon is completely different, it looks like a better AA move now

Peeking into the script for FANG's changes for some of the more-ambiguous seeming st.lp changes:
  • The hitbox for the second frame is indeed changed. While largely similar to that of the first active frame, it reaches as horizontally far as the third active frame now.
  • The hitstun for the second and third active frames is indeed one frame longer than that of the first active frame. Blockstun is the same. So st.lp can be +7/+8 on regular hit if you can space it correctly or land it meaty.
That's pretty darn cool. Keeps the buffs from season 2 without affecting regular combo ability. Also means that meatying from the second hit is now also viable for setups.

Sayad

Cammy's air throw has the stupidest animation in the game!

This is stupid! Don't they want people who don't already have the game tot try it? Jumping into a game with people who have been playing for months without even being able to check things in training mode sure would be fun!

I'm just watching the ELEAGUE VODs now and

vtthp4z.png

From V-Trig and 2 EX bars. Also corner carried from the other corner of the screen. God damn Boxer is dumb.

FluxWaveZ

WTF? They even look like they have less health

If I had won that round, I would have reset the bracket and would have had a chance of taking the whole thing.

It's the most frustrated I've been at a loss in a long time. Even now I look at that clip and am utterly surprised that the game decided I lost.

Spuck-uk

Banned
Her design/voices dont bother me. It's her brainless, nigh impossible to escape corner mix ups, and it being so easy for her to get you there. Even after the season one nerfs, shes still just incredibly stupid.

It's like I'm fighting a MKX character.

TIL 50/50s are nigh impossible to escape. Never play guilty gear, your heart would explode.

MrCarter

from a guy on my fb with a video proof

good to see capcom giving stages some love too. I wonder if they change other stages too?

also ryu's cr.hp animatoon is completely different, it looks like a better AA move now

That's pretty cool. I've always wanted those darn boxes to break but they actually went even further than that. This is now the best stage for me in the game.

Health bars display the percentage of total health and Laura have more health than Mika.

It actually looks like the Laura player has a pixel worth of health more than Flux. Damn close though.

And I'd be surprised if the game went by the actual health value and not the percentage, when deciding the outcome of timeouts. If it went by the actual health, then you should be seeing some "odd" results when you have, for example, Akuma vs Zangief. In that matchup, the difference in health is 20%, so you could see Akuma lose in a timeout if their health was as follows, where one # equals 1%:

Code:
Akuma:   ############################################# (395/875 = 45%)
Zangief: ######################################  (400 / 1050 = 38%)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom