• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Alucrid

Banned
amazing

1BSIbDp.gif

Teh Lurv

Man, no disrespect to Smug because he's a lord, but they seriously need to do something about Balrog in this game. You got a 70% life lead, drop ONE DP and you get killed. Shit's stupid, breh.

Capcom should, but they won't. Stupid upsets like that is way too entertaining to watch for spectators for Capcom to want to tweak.

I think idoms the best laura right now. He has amazing thunderclap pressure. And his uncharacteristic risk taking here was probably what won him the set over punk.

It's already minus 2. Might lose a frame on hit at most.

nah, keep it the same on hit but revert it to S1 at 6F maybe

or add some recovery, she needs more ways to convert outside of counter hit tbh

Nah, that wasn't real. Punk was just shook and didn't try to check it.

Not gonna lie, I wouldn't mind if it went back to being 6f tho tbh.

he tried with st.MP but it didn't work out

JusDoIt

All Punk had to do was jab. Stand MK is scary because it leads into hella damage on hit, but that stand MK "blockstring" got like a seven frame hole in it.

FluxWaveZ

Christ, delete this character.

All Punk had to do was jab. Stand MK is scary because it leads into hella damage on hit, but that stand MK "blockstring" got like a seven frame hole in it.

At that range, the jab could very well not connect with Laura. The reason why just pressing a fast poke to interrupt it isn't universal is because the move has a good amount of range, plus the fact that Laura can V-Skill cancel it to negate any poke anyways.

A medium button would probably be the best bet, but you also don't want to be too slow and get counter hit for your troubles if you're thinking about other stuff while she's doing it.

Edzi

Nah, this is why you can't rely on the numbers alone. That move is tricky af to deal with, since it moves her forward, but pushes you far enough where most of your fast buttons might whiff (meaning a second st. MK will connect w/ a counter hit).

Plus, I feel like there's something weird with the block stun on that move, since by the time you realize you're getting hit by it, it's almost too late to actually respond to the -2 window anyway, but that could just be me.

The only time this nonsense works is when you're shook.

Otherwise, you remember "oh, that's -2 with 5 frame startup."

Do you think 5 frames is bad on a normal like that? lol

Xeteh

I said it during Evo... I'm for anyone that stomps on Punk because that dude was arrogant as fuck for nearly a year, dropped combos to teabag on people... I will 100% support anyone that bodies him. He showed no remorse for his opponents, they shouldn't show any for him.

The only time this nonsense works is when you're shook.

Otherwise, you remember "oh, that's -2 with 5 frame startup."

I mean.. you can see that he tried to do something about it and that shit got evaporated lmao

but yea, C tier, good stuff idom keep fighting the good fight. hope he doesn't drop her for a higher tier afterwards yea

its her bday after all, laura deserves it tbh

Punk is the new Diego.

It took Punk becoming washed up for Umejuarez to actually start winning stuff again.

A more than satisfactory trade imo.

I mean.. you can see that he tried to do something about it and that shit got evaporated lmao

but yea, C tier, good stuff idom keep fighting the good fight. hope he doesn't drop her for a higher tier afterwards yea

its her bday after all, laura deserves it tbh

I bet you didn't even have to look it up to know.

JusDoIt

Javits or somebody ain't did a video on how to punish Laura's knee with the whole cast yet? I feel like that has to be out there.

mbpm1

st mk is annoying bc of blockstun imo

by the time you realize they hit the button you're getting hit by the other one and it's rip

also if you press st. lp they can just switch to cr. mk to avoid your button and you look like a fool and eat cr. mk to lp bolt

Shadoken

st mk is annoying bc of blockstun imo

by the time you realize they hit the button you're getting hit by the other one and it's rip

also if you press st. lp they can just switch to cr. mk to avoid your button and you look like a fool and eat cr. mk to lp bolt

Yea and it has decent pushback too. so unless your normal is pretty long range , it ll just whiff and get hit by the next st.mk.

I've been saying fuck laura

It's been something I've been saying since s2 dropped. I don't understand why she has a 2 bar v gauge for a 1000 health character. Her speed and damage increases but her meter doesn't drain like the other character.

Her jump normals are also stupid. Her j.lk can trade with Nash's cr.mp and have to remind myself that I can't air to air Laura because Capcom thinks he shouldn't have any defensive option against her.

Trickster

I still enjoy watching SF5, but characters like Laura is what's making me not bother playing it anymore, just way too frustrating

I hadn't watched Excellent Adventures in a spell but the talk of it here made me check it out. Watching Mike on a hitbox is painful (those things need to be outlawed), and with a high tier character as well. No wonder he's not into it, no Honda struggle to yearn for. Last I watched it they hadn't been relevant in SF4 for a good while so I guess the hop into a new game was the breaking point.

Xeteh

I still enjoy watching SF5, but characters like Laura is what's making me not bother playing it anymore, just way too frustrating

I don't get that mentality. Season 1 was dominated by the same character, a lot of them got nerfed... S2 has had popular characters but Laura wasn't one.

Edzi

I don't get that mentality. Season 1 was dominated by the same character, a lot of them got nerfed... S2 has had popular characters but Laura wasn't one.

S2 Laura is essentially as dominant as S1 Mika in terms of how unfun and bullshit they are to fight. The salt against characters like them is warranted imo, I don't like the design philosophy behind them at all. It also doesn't help that on top of being based on mixups, Laura has insanely good movement and buttons.

Xeteh

S2 Laura is essentially as dominant as S1 Mika in terms of how unfun and bullshit they are to fight. The salt against characters like them is warranted imo, I don't like the design philosophy behind them at all.

Okay, maybe thats on me. I'm shit, that doesn't really factor in on me.

Trickster

I mean I never really played at a super high level. For me the playstyle of a character mattered more than what some nerf and buffs did for the different characters. So as an example, I hated fighting Laura though all of season 1, even though she was supposedly quite weak there.

Top Bottom