• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

kikiribu

X-Kira dropping tons of hints for future DLC contents on his facebook page in the last few hours. Most interestingly to me, he said a new Shadaloo stage is coming, the stormy grass stage from Alpha 2 is making a comeback (along with Detroit Highway stage), and mentioned something about English and sticks (might he be hinting Eagle, but who knows).
I just tweeted Ono about the storm stage the other day. Would be amazing if true.

Scotia

Banned
Yeah I would love to see those stages. Did 3S retcon NG/2i or something? Why don't you expect them to return?

2I is a retcon of NG. I would love SF3 stages as well, but I think the chances of getting them depend on whether or not Capcom will continue to have a massive hard-on for SF2.
They will.

Neoxon

2I is a retcon of NG. I would love SF3 stages as well, but I think the chances of getting them depend on whether or not Capcom will continue to have a massive hard-on for SF2.
They will.
X-Kira did mention a 3S Urien stage around the time he found evidence of Cammy's SSFII stage.

If they have such a massive hardon for SF2, why haven't they added E.Honda yet?

giphy.gif

cHaotix8

I hope I have enough fight monies for that Cammy stage. It looks amazing. Hopefully the rumors of the storm stage are true as well. Say what you will about the gameplay but you have to admit V looks amazing.

Mizerman

I think you overestimating the power of money dude. I think capcom , no pun intended, is gonna get left behind

Uh, it was because of SFV's strong performance in the esports section that networks decided to give other games a chance to shine. Hell, ELeague's Street Fighter V was a hit to the point that they even bothered to do this in the first place.

Money is money, but in the realm of fighting games, they live and die based on the tournament scene and viewership. NRS may have the casual crowd on lock, but they tend to struggle with their tournament scene after a while.

Also, SF is one of Capcom's babies and they're stubborn enough to keep SFV around. Even SF3 had support even if it wasn't setting the world on fire.

DBFZ situation will likely be pretty similar to GGXrd. Forum talk here and there, but ultimately not as popular as the bigger names

It'll probably be a little more popular due to the Dragonball brand being stronger than Guilty Gear and Blazblue, but anybody who think it's gonna replace Marvel are high as hell.

Blueblur1

He only outright said that a "New" (I'm guessing he meant Neo) Shadaloo stage is coming, and he sort of hinted at stages for Kolin and Menat. The Alpha stage pictures are probably just requests/speculation since they're not accompanied by text.

I posted in the comments asking if that is the case. Hopefully he'll give me a response.

MCD250

I'm assuming the "music packs" will simply be more musical themes that you can choose to have playing in the background while you're navigating menus and during matches. We already know there'll be SFII tracks (but will they be the CPS1 or CPS2 versions, is the question; I assume CPS2 but maybe they'll surprise us and include both). I don't expect music from any other games to make it in today, but maybe they'll add them in the future.

Blueblur1

Also, X-Kira has made three Season 3 hint posts. First is an image of Sagat's stage, second is an image of Sagat, and third hint post is text in Portguese and English; his English translation is 'Sticks will be present'.

People in the comments are interpreting it as Eagle but I doubt he'd be coming to the game. If his 'sticks' comment holds any weight I would imagine we'd be getting Staff Girl as an SFV rep (Sagat and Sakura already have SF2 and Alpha covered, of course):

Ryce

It sounds like he's bullshitting again. I doubt season three character data is present in the latest update, and we know that's where X-Kira gets his information from. He doesn't have people on the inside telling him things.

Blueblur1

Pompadour

It sounds like he's bullshitting again. I doubt season three character data is present in the latest update, and we know that's where X-Kira gets his information from. He doesn't have people on the inside telling him things.

Yeah, we need to see what data he's reading to extrapolate from. I'd also like other dataminers to verify his findings.

I think the easily excitable fan who posts roster wish lists on GameFAQs inside him gets in the way sometimes (although being easily excitable is probably what's required to pore through code looking for cryptic references to new content).

Rymuth

It's surreal for a data-miner to drop 'hints'...like, you're not an insider trying to hide where you are on the hierarchy. What's the point of playing games?

Would be fun if the gorilla was more of a 'kung-fu panda' archetype instead of...basically another abigail.
Give that gorilla some drunken boxing.

Ryce

I'd like for the gorilla to be a long reach grappler -- he could have a mid-air snatch grab that you can chain into a second grab, as well as an MMA tackle mount with followups. He'd sort of feel like Marduk from SFxTK. Give him a tragic backstory as a Shadaloo test subject rescued during the destruction of Shadaloo Base and he'd be a great character.

Give him the backstory of being an asshole.

Like he's just a dick for no reason.

Steals people's shit. Makes fun of their insecurities.

Just an all around D-bag.

Top Bottom