• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V patch releasing March 28th, Alex on the 30th, more info

『Inaba Resident』;199656906 said:
SF3_Alex.gif
it's as if people never saw his stance before

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Quoting myself for the new page.

F8PMCix.png

How do you guys not see that his right leg is bending outwards like a normal human leg in SF3 but bending inwards in SFV.

It's clear as day that they messed up his right leg so badly that if you flip his torso it actually looks normal.

His legs look fine when he's walking and doing some attacks but in some animations (like in his stance one) his leg looks like it's broken.

GeNoMe

Alex is not up in the store for me :'(
I'm in EU land btw

*edit* Never mind, he was in the character select screen all this time haha. I feel dumb :p

3 hours til maintence is over?
Cuz I hate how when playing OFFLINE i CAN't use the colors that I unlocked in Survial mode, Capcpom pls...

Is this true?

If so, grade a bullshit. I never should have bought this game I always avoid the always online type stuff

Same reason I'm not buying hitman, you don't get any unlocks or upgrades when offline

Baleoce

Alex is not up in the store for me :'(
I'm in EU land btw

*edit* Never mind, he was in the character select screen all this time haha. I feel dumb :p

Yeah the character store isn't up yet cos the Zeni system hasn't been implemented. The character will disappear for non season-pass users once the Zeni stuff is up.

Quoting myself for the new page.

It's clear as day that they messed up his right leg so badly that if you flip his torso it actually looks normal.

His legs look fine when he's walking and doing some attacks but in some animations (like in his stance one) his legs looks like it's broken.

You're comparing one weird, stylized, unrealistic pose in to another. Furthermore, it's transfering a 2D pose to 3D, which is even harder because of perspective and varying camera angles.

This is the epitome of "nitpicking".

Einchy

You're comparing one weird, stylized, unrealistic pose in to another. Furthermore, it's transfering a 2D pose to 3D, which is even harder because of perspective and varying camera angles.

So you went from saying

I'm starting to wonder if you people ever saw Alex before.

THAT IS WHAT HIS STANCE LOOKS LIKE.

THAT IS WHAT HIS STANCE ALWAYS LOOKED LIKE.

To say that it's different but only because it's difficult to translate from 2D to 3D 1 to 1 and I'm just nitpicking.

Because those 2 posts are very conflicting, so which one is it? Either it's different or it's exactly the same.

So you went from saying

To say that it's different but only because it's difficult to translate from 2D to 3D 1 to 1 and I'm just nitpicking.

Because those 2 posts are very conflicting, so which one is it?

The original post said his legs looked like they were pointing backwards.

His legs are ALWAYS POINTING BACKWARDS.

Then, the argument became "oh, front knee looks different from the original", which is nitpicking.

Pretty clear.

Raitaro

Nitpicking is not the same as holding Capcom up to an artistic quality that equals their own previous work imo (which includes Ken's face as well). The fact that it's his stance that looks off/unnatural makes it worse as that's what you'll see everytime you begin a match.

Clawww

fortunately you will almost never notice him in neutral stance regardless of how you feel. his crouching and walking animations and everything else are great

Einchy

The original post said his legs looked like they were pointing backwards.

His legs are ALWAYS POINTING BACKWARDS.

Then, the argument became "oh, front knee looks different from the original", which is nitpicking.

Pretty clear.

It's not that it looks 'different' it's that it's positioned in a way that makes his stance look awkward as hell.

It makes him look like this.

AaMgnAvl.jpg

I really don't think it's nitpicking to say that a character's leg should bend in the right direction.

ethomaz

Banned
Alex legs are fine because his instance since SF3.

What bothers me is the need to play Survival again for colors on costumes lol

Fuck Capcom.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
It's not that it looks 'different' it's that it's positioned in a way that makes his stance look awkward as hell.

It makes him look like this.

I really don't think it's nitpicking to say that a character's leg should bend in the right direction.

It's stupid as hell, yes, but stupid and impractical fighting stances have been a thing since at least SF2.

Look at every idle stance Ryu has had in the past 25 years. Same issue.

I don't think option selects and one-frame links exist in SFV.

Option selects exist in every fighting game actually, so they're definitely in V. There's still the backdash option select for example; double-tap back and you either get a backdash or a block depending on if the opponent tries to hit you or not.

Another one was one regarding neutral jumps IIRC, but they fixed that in this patch. But then you have ones like fuzzy guards which are technically option selects and that isn't probably going to go away.

V cuts down on a lot of the bs IV had w/ those, but they're still in the game. There's just less of them is all.

There is nothing "natural" about this:
SF3_Alex.gif

It looked "unnatural" then. It looks "unnatural" now.

You've just had 17 years to get used to the sprite.

There's nothing unnatural with that. I literally just did that pose seconds ago and both my legs still work.

Kyne

So whenever I go to the Alternate Costumes part of the marketplace it says "No content available for purchase was found."

Is that an error? My friend can see the costumes just fine.

The last trial feels like a third strike juggle (the timing is probably not character specific though) in that you have a specific timing to do both the v trigger juggle and super juggle(early-ish but not the earliest with the v trigger attack and you have to pause a moment for the super). Juggles so far except some Karin ones felt pretty timing free but this one did get me to experiment until I found the correct timing. I feel it's contrary to their design principles for 5 but eh.

KTO

what knee do i have to do to get the followup off a crouching fierce? I was experimenting earlier and couldn't find it, but i just saw it in the trailer.

Ryu's 10th trial is starting to piss me off. I read you have to walk forward a fraction after the crush counter HK, before the standing HP, in order for the later axe kick to connect.

I've connected it once in about a thousand attempts, nevermind the stuff afterwards!
I either get his solar plexus instead of standing HP, or an axe kick that can't connect.

I fear i'm not going to get any FM from these trials at this rate!

Ryu's 10th trial is starting to piss me off. I read you have to walk forward a fraction after the crush counter HK, before the standing HP, in order for the later axe kick to connect.

I've connected it once in about a thousand attempts, nevermind the stuff afterwards!
I either get his solar plexus instead of standing HP, or an axe kick that can't connect.

I can't even make it past the second trial on most, I just let it go and put it behind me.

Rurunaki

You think that's bad? Wait til you try Karin's 6th trial.. Hardest out of all the trial because of hoe frame perfect the tenko and orochi has to be.

Edit: after the crush counter, tap forward before doing the Hard Punch.

IbukiLordSA

Wow this whole color situation from Capcom is such a complete stuff up. Seriously they can't even give us colors for the costumes we buy wtf.

Tried to get color 5 for Laura last night and what do you know get to stage 30 and the dumb game gives me low health upgrade which was an option for the previous 4 matches, honestly this survival mode is just too dumb. Capcom please, you probably have the most loyal fans out there yet you treat us like trash.

I can't even make it past the second trial on most, I just let it go and put it behind me.

I know a lot of them are situational and not really ideal in fights either... but it's still pretty intimidating when it seems like the vast majority of players can do them no problem!
I have to wonder if this kind of thing is part of what turns off casual players, when they think they're no good if they can't do all the trials.

Top Bottom