• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V PC performance thread

NEO0MJ

24721800049_dc2b7578ce_o.png

PC Systems Requirements:

Minimum

Processor: Intel Core i3-4160 @ 3.60GHz
Memory: 6 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 480, GTX 570, GTX 670, or better
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Sound Card: DirectX compatible soundcard or onboard chipset

Recommended

Processor: Intel Core i5-4690K @3.50GHz or AMD FX-9370
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 960 or AMD Radeon R7 370
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Sound Card: DirectX compatible soundcard or onboard chipset

24996155661_9f85ab643b_o.jpg

How to Adjust Additional Graphical Settings:

Adjusting Post Processing Effects Individually

Engine.ini Quality Tweaks

Latest Drivers:

Nvidia V.361.91

AMD V.16.1.1

Comparison Between the PS4 Version and the PC Version at all Settings

Benchmarks:

VHQ 1080P

SF_V_1920.jpg

VHQ 1440P

SF_V_2560.jpg

VHQ 4K

SF_V_3840.jpg

CPU Performance 1080P

SF_V_proz.jpg

jiggles

Banned
Zero performance gain from my old 780Ti to my SLI 980Ti's?!

Fuck this mess, Capcom. Naw.

Do I need to point out that I'm kidding?

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I would imagine so. But what's with the reports that if the hardware isn't up to it, the game simply slows down? I don't have any hardware so far that exhibited this, so I can't test it.

Because everything is dependent on an exact framerate, they can't skip frames I guess. It draws every frame no matter what. I have no idea what happens if someone actually enters an online match while running in slow motion. Maybe the game boots them.

NEO0MJ

The 4K is showing the wrong benchmarks

Whoops. I'll fix this right away.

Anyways, after messing around I think I reached optimal setting for solid 60 FPS on my laptop. Here's my specs:

CPU: Intel i7 3635QM (equivalent to a Intel Core i5-2310)
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 8870m (equivalent to a Nividia GTX 650)
Ram: 12 GB

Here's my graphical setting:

Resolution: 720P
Anti-Aliasing: Normal
Post-Processing: Low
Shadow: Normal
Texture: Max
Effects: Normal

Raising the resolution any more unfortunately results in frame drops but I'm still happy with what I have.

Xyber

Because everything is dependent on an exact framerate, they can't skip frames I guess. It draws every frame no matter what. I have no idea what happens if someone actually enters an online match while running in slow motion. Maybe the game boots them.

I believe the Digital Foundry video said it does skip frames in multiplayer, which made the game much harder. Not 100 on that though, just skimmed through the video a bit.

Im running i7-4790k & MSI GTX 970.

Stable 1440 60. Only get frame pacing issues and drops on waterfall stage and during intro/outro segments.

Looks damn good!

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
It bums me out that no fighting game developers do the work on PC to get 120fps working. Seeing that solid 60fps ramp is funny, but that's a lot of wasted performance potential.

farisr

A friend was over and logged in on steam on my pc, I'm glad I opted for the PS4 version.

I have a 4770k and a GTX770, I was getting major slowdowns randomly at 1080p (not just minor dips). Like we could just be standing and everything slows down, but then a few seconds later everything's back to normal speed even with a ton of special moves and fast action going on on the screen.

ZServ

Building a new rig today should my motherboard arrive. However, I've been playing since launch on my current PC, so I figured I'd post for anyone looking if they can run it:

AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE @ 3.5GHz, GTX 570SC, 8gb 1333 DDR3 RAM. Medium settings. 1080p.

60FPS solid minus SOME character introductions, SOME Supers, and infrequent slowdowns caused by.. something. The slowdowns generally occur when a fireball hits a guarding player. However, within 3 seconds it generally returns to a locked 60FPS so I'm fairly certain it has something to do with either RAM or VRAM not processing the animations fast enough, but once they're in the memory it's fine. Has only happened maybe 5 times across ~15 hours of gameplay. The other slowdown is that randomly in Survival mode, the game will suddenly lock itself to 30FPS. After that round, it returns to 60FPS solid. That's happened twice.

The resolution scaler or render scaler or whatever is also ridiculous, I was playing around with that and saw no JARRINGLY obvious quality difference between 60% and 100%. I play on 100%, but wanted to see if I could make the game look super 360 like. At 0%, it looked about as rough as SF4 on 360 @ 1080p.

All in all, I'm fairly certain the slowdown issues are either bugs, or issues on my end caused by a slow RAM speed, not enough VRAM, something along those lines. The only true issue I have with this version at the moment is that sometimes when closing the game, it won't actually end the process, causing it to still be open in task manager, and still clocking Steam time. That's a bit annoying. Also, if you alt-tab out of the game while in fullscreen mode, you'll have a hell of a time getting sound to come back (in my experience). However, as far as the alt-tab shenanigans go, it's worth noting that I've been playing on my TV via HDMI, so that may be why. Switching inputs between that and my PS4 so that I could chat with friends (who have it on PS4, I got it for PC as I already had 360 sticks) also caused this to happen. Relatively minor issues, that I'm sure will get fixed in time. Game runs far better than I expected.

Additionally, I have a friend who is playing on Low settings @ 1360x768 or something like that with a GTX 460 and a CPU I'm unsure about. Game is REALLY optimized on the CPU end.

A friend was over and logged in on steam on my pc, I'm glad I opted for the PS4 version.

I have a 4770k and a GTX770, I was getting major slowdowns randomly at 1080p (not just minor dips). Like we could just be standing and everything slows down, but then a few seconds later everything's back to normal speed even with a ton of special moves and fast action going on on the screen.

that sounds more like latency than the system not being able to properly handle the game. Could be the game doing some network stuff.

Swarna

I think adding these to the OP would be beneficial:

https://www.reddit.com/r/StreetFigh...to_adjust_the_individual_postprocess_options/

https://www.reddit.com/r/StreetFighter/comments/462a8r/engineini_quality_tweaks/

No measured frame drops at all on a i5 760 @3.8 and 970 with vsync forced off and gsync enabled @ maxed 1080p with motion blur off and anisoroptic filtering set to 16 in .ini. I set distance scaler from the default 1.0 value for the maxed preset to 2.0. Not sure if it did anything.

NEO0MJ

I forgot to mention that the game once froze on me when I clicked on options from the main menu. Did this happen to anyone else?

Here are the actualy 4k results:

e: op updated it.

I'm sorry, OK ;__;

Thanks! I'll add them now.

980ti

Running beautiful, wife appears to STILL be better than me at fighters even though she's using the mash every button into oblivion technique

Tyrael

AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 3.2Ghz
4GB DDR3 1333
GTX 650 Ti OC

Resolution: 720p
Anti-Aliasing: Normal
Post-Processing: High
Shadow: Normal
Texture: Max
Effects: High

No problems here, even running the game below some minimum requeriments (like the RAM).

Very rarely fps dips only in some Supers (only noticied in a Zangief vs Mika fight).

The only strange thing I noticed is that the people on the backgrounds looks like are animated in 30fps while the fighters are animated at 60fps.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
I can run this at 1080p 60fps on my GTX470 with medium settings. There are some dips on the intros (like when Nash kicks up dirt/dust) but nothing during gameplay that I've noticed. Game doesn't look that bad. There is a strange pink outline/hue on the textures of the characters while on the New Zealand stage...it's barely noticeable, but it's there. Not sure what that's about.

Swarna

No problems here, even running the game below some minimum requeriments (like the RAM).

Very rarely fps dips only in some Supers (only noticied in a Zangief vs Mika fight).

The only strange thing I noticed is that the people on the backgrounds looks like are animated in 30fps while the fighters are animated at 60fps.

That's because they are. lol

It bums me out that no fighting game developers do the work on PC to get 120fps working. Seeing that solid 60fps ramp is funny, but that's a lot of wasted performance potential.

I am pretty sure this a logical way to allow for 120hz support in fighters yet companies are too stuck in their ways.

teokrazia

i5 2500K@4.4
GTX 970 Twin FROZR V
8 GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 MHz
Game Ready 361.91 drivers
Win 10

I'm playing at 2560x1440 [through DSR], everything on max, getting solid 60 FPS, offline and online, with just some dips during certain characters intros:
https://youtu.be/XVvxD6nePsA

Can anyone confirm that you can tone down the motion blur without turning it off completely?

r.MotionBlur.Max
r.MotionBlur.Scale
r.MotionBlurFiltering
r.MotionBlurQuality
r.MotionBlurSoftEdgeSize

in an .ini? Something about tweaking these. I have no idea where one would start and at which values though. Probably scale or max.

edit:
r.MotionBlur.Max Allows to clamp the postprocess setting (max distortion caused by motion blur, in percent of the screen width)
-1: don't clamp (default)
r.MotionBlur.Scale Allows to scale the postprocess intensity/amount setting in the postprocess.
1: don't do any scaling (default)
r.MotionBlurFiltering Useful developer variable
0: off (default, expected by the shader for better quality)
1: on
r.MotionBlurQuality Defines the motion blur method which allows to adjust for quality or performance.
0:eek:ff, 1:low, 2:medium, 3:high (default), 4: very high
r.MotionBlurSoftEdgeSize Defines how wide the object motion blur is blurred (percent of screen width) to allow soft edge motion blur.
This scales linearly with the size (up to a maximum of 32 samples, 2.5 is about 18 samples) and with screen resolution
Smaller values are better for performance and provide more accurate motion vectors but the blurring outside the object is reduced.
If needed this can be exposed like the other motionblur settings.
0:eek:ff (not free and does never completely disable), >0, 1.0 (default)

so fractional values would decrease it and whole integers above 1 would increase it?

and to turn it off:
r.DefaultFeature.MotionBlur (set to 0)

RM8

I get pretty much flawless performance at 900p on my Alienware Alpha. Probably even with AA and motion blur, but I hate how they look in this game so I wouldn't turn them on even on a monster PC. Everything else is maxed out, it honestly looks pretty nice. I could likely get a nicer look by playing around with the resolution scaler, but I'm too busy playing the game :p

i7 920
24GB Ram
GTX 970 FTW+
Latest drivers

Running with the resolution set to 3440x1440p and all settings maxed. 60fps during gameplay 100% of the time. I do see a little slow down occasionally on the ultra moves or whatever they're called and certain character intros. I've done no tweaking of any kind to see if I can improve that and I'm not sure if that's a CPU or GPU issue.

Needless to say, I'm very happy with how the game looks and plays (what little of it there is). I'm often struck by just how *crisp* the game looks. Beautiful work on the char models.

r.MotionBlur.Max
r.MotionBlur.Scale
r.MotionBlurFiltering
r.MotionBlurQuality
r.MotionBlurSoftEdgeSize

in an .ini? Something about tweaking these. I have no idea where one would start and at which values though. Probably scale or max.

edit:

so fractional values would decrease it and whole integers above 1 would increase it?

and to turn it off:
r.DefaultFeature.MotionBlur (set to 0)
Hmmm. I'm tempted to double dip on this one as it looks real nice on PC and I want to see that motion blur in person.

Swarna

Can anyone confirm that you can tone down the motion blur without turning it off completely?

Yes you can.

You have to edit the line r.MotionBlurQuality=? for each Post Process preset in Scalability.ini in the appdata folder.
e.g these are the ones for High and Max respectively
Code:
[[PostProcessQuality@2]
r.MotionBlurQuality=0

[PostProcessQuality@3]
r.MotionBlurQuality=0
I set them to 0 but you can change them to levels of 1,2,3,4. The defaults were 2 and 3 so setting them to 1 tones them down quite a bit when I tested it.

Yes you can.

You have to edit the line r.MotionBlurQuality=? for each Post Process preset in Scalability.ini in the appdata folder.
e.g these are the ones for High and Max respectively
Code:
[[PostProcessQuality@2]
r.MotionBlurQuality=0

[PostProcessQuality@3]
r.MotionBlurQuality=0
I set them to 0 but you can change them to levels of 1,2,3,4. The defaults were 2 and 3 so setting them to 1 tones them down quite a bit when I tested it.

do you find setting it to 1 a good or bad change, visually?

Not a dip below 60fps on my 7970 with maxed settings @ 1080p.

The game makes my GPU run super hot though. Anyone else?

My 970 blows quite hard. Noticeably harder than any other game I can think of, really.

I'm kind of new to PC gaming. Can someone tell me why playing in windowed mode causes me problems? I can play on high settings full screen no problem, but even on low settings windowed mode is unplayable. Thanks!

Swarna

do you find setting it to 1 a good or bad change, visually?

My 970 blows quite hard. Noticeably harder than any other game I can think of, really.

Very weird. This game specifically makes my 970 run quieter and cooler than other games. 50% max fan and never goes above 55 degrees celsius when most modern games make it like 64 degrees max with 69 being the fringe case games.

And motion blur = 1 is very nice without being distracting like the default. I set it to off for consistency when I play at my locals on PS4.

So for all the LOL bad port complaints people were making after watching 10 seconds of a digital foundry video, the game looks like it actually performs great across a huge account of hardware. Pretty much all the way down to a GTX 660 you can get VGQ settings at a locked 60 fps at 1080p, with just a little bit of tweaking for the few cards at the bottom of that pack.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Decided to undo my OC to see if that helped with temps and noticed something weird. If I play around with my clock settings while the game is running, the menu gets locked to 30fps and the GPU usage reads as 100% (though the temperature drops dramatically).

Top Bottom