• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V PC performance thread

Stalfos

Still crashing all the time.

It may be an issue that isn't related to your graphics card. I have had issues crashing to desktop but I found the following info online and it seems to work.

Go to task manager, then go to the details tab, look for "TabTip.exe". If you see that then right click it and end task.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism

I don't see anything about testing human reaction times in real life video game scenarios in this article. I see evidence for how the eye works at the micro level and then an unsupported extrapolation that these micro-level phenomena lead to better video game performance.

To be fair, I might have missed something, I didn't read the whole thing.

You can run game logic at whatever you want, but SF is already built for 60fps. Would it be a better game if they built it from the ground up with a higher framerate? I don't believe it would change anything substantively.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
I don't see anything about testing human reaction times in real life video game scenarios in this article. I see evidence for how the eye works at the micro level and then an unsupported extrapolation that these micro-level phenomena lead to better video game performance.

To be fair, I might have missed something, I didn't read the whole thing.

You can run game logic at whatever you want, but SF is already built for 60fps. Would it be a better game if they built it from the ground up with a higher framerate? I don't believe it would change anything substantively.
In theory, they could cut out a big chunk of input lag by using variable refresh rates at high framerates vs vsync at 60fps. It would make a significant difference because input lag stacks in the chain (engine, controller, online lag, tv lag, etc.) until it eventually becomes noticeable. For example, if everyone got their pings improved by 40ms it would be a pretty big boon for online play.

Qassim

Can you link me to the empirical evidence that the average person can perceive things faster and that it translates into faster reactions?

Every mechanical element of SF is dependent on frames lasting 1/60th of a second. What would be the real world effect of doubling the framerate? People would be able to react faster to things playing out in the timespan of a few 60ths of a second? Would it translate to faster responses given that the game logic is still dependent on 60th of a second intervals?

You asked:

Does this principle actually apply to a game without mouse look?

I responded with a general statement about high frame rate in games, not specifically SFV.

We were talking about games in general benefitting from higher framerates beyond just games that have mouse look. Not specifically SFV. I understand that the game logic, simulation, physics, animation 'n all are locked at 60Hz and higher framerate (if those other elements still ran at 60Hz independently) would bring very, very small benefits if any perceivable benefits at all.

Can you link me to the empirical evidence that the average person can perceive things faster and that it translates into faster reactions?
As for this - it's pretty logical that if you see things earlier - you can react to them earlier. If I throw a ball towards you in one instance and you're blind folded for half the travel time of that ball coming towards you, then if we do the same again and you are without the blindfold for the whole travel time of the ball - you'll be able to react quicker to the ball coming for your face when you have the ability to see the ball coming towards you earlier.

Windforce

My load times are super fucking terrible. Anyone else having this issue?

Its running off my SSD too.

I'm also getting huge loading times on PS4. I assume this is the slow server response, so it takes a while to connect or send/receive data, but the actual game data is loaded. I'd suggest testing it offline.

Also, anyone running this game on a laptop? I might buy the PC version but not sure mine would run it well.

My laptop is an i7 with a GTX960 and SFV slows down during the win sequence of each fight. This doesn't happen with my desktop and it has a GTX660ti in it.

Takuan

I get 60 fps during gameplay, all settings max except AA and post-processing - the latter at high/max makes the game look weird to me. I occasionally notice frame dips during the win animation close ups, nothing major at all. I'm running on an i5 2500K and a 7950.

My load times are super fucking terrible. Anyone else having this issue?

Its running off my SSD too.

Server issues. If you play offline everything is zippidy doo dah fast save the versus screen just before a match.

I'm also getting huge loading times on PS4. I assume this is the slow server response, so it takes a while to connect or send/receive data, but the actual game data is loaded. I'd suggest testing it offline.

Also, anyone running this game on a laptop? I might buy the PC version but not sure mine would run it well.

I get 60 fps during gameplay, all settings max except AA and post-processing - the latter at high/max makes the game look weird to me. I occasionally notice frame dips during the win animation close ups, nothing major at all. I'm running on an i5 2500K and a 7950.

Server issues. If you play offline everything is zippidy doo dah fast save the versus screen just before a match.

AHhh, makes sense! Thanks.

Alpha_Tango

Neo Member
My laptop is an i7 with a GTX960 and SFV slows down during the win sequence of each fight. This doesn't happen with my desktop and it has a GTX660ti in it.

Mine slows down during the win sequences as well when I play on my TV. However, it doesn't happen when I play on my monitor. My monitor is 144Hz and my TV is 60Hz. When I switch my monitor to 60Hz, I get the slow down during the win sequences. So the slow down must be due to the 60Hz. Do you have a 144Hz monitor for your desktop? I have an i7 with a GTX970 by the way.

4790k with a 980ti, 16GB DDR3 and an SSD.

Constant 60fps on max settings at 1440p. Not even the slightest bit of sub-60 dips or stutter.

No unfortunate surprises here and that's a good thing.

It may be an issue that isn't related to your graphics card. I have had issues crashing to desktop but I found the following info online and it seems to work.

Go to task manager, then go to the details tab, look for "TabTip.exe". If you see that then right click it and end task.

All I know is that this is the only game that does it. I'll look for this process.

rdytoroll

I dont know whats wrong with my game. First day was absolutely fine, playing at High settings at a stable 60 fps. Since yesterday though I'm getting some crazy drops down to 20 fps and the game decides to run at slowmotion for a few seconds. Doesnt matter if I turn it down to Low settings, still the same problem. Happens mainly in the menu, at the match screen and at the beginning/end of the match. Sometimes the game just locks itself to 30 fps for no reason whatsoever. After Alt-Tab the lock is gone somehow. My graphics card is also going crazy, I've seen it operate at 100% gpu load. So I tried some other games, mainly Rise of the Tomb Raider, where I didn't notice any problems. My graphics card was fine too. I hope somebody can help me please. It's no fun playing like this and knowing that it was fine at launch.

Running at High/Fullscreen
770 GTX 2GB
I5 4590
8 GB Ram
Win 10

Gbraga

I dont know whats wrong with my game. First day was absolutely fine, playing at High settings at a stable 60 fps. Since yesterday though I'm getting some crazy drops down to 20 fps and the game decides to run at slowmotion for a few seconds. Doesnt matter if I turn it down to Low settings, still the same problem. Happens mainly in the menu, at the match screen and at the beginning/end of the match. Sometimes the game just locks itself to 30 fps for no reason whatsoever. After Alt-Tab the lock is gone somehow. My graphics card is also going crazy, I've seen it operate at 100% gpu load. So I tried some other games, mainly Rise of the Tomb Raider, where I didn't notice any problems. My graphics card was fine too. I hope somebody can help me please. It's no fun playing like this and knowing that it was fine at launch.

770 GTX 2GB
I5 4590
8 GB Ram
Win 10

Happened to me as well, it fixed itself after I rebooted my PC.

ViviOggi

770 GTX 2GB
I5 4590
8 GB Ram
Win 10
What happens when you disable Vsync?

Wonko_C

I've seen comments of people playing the game with modified ini settings. Wouldn't that be risky online? I'm tempted to turn off bsmoothed framerate as that option keeps the framerate more steady on my comp.

Young Magus

750ti here.

Runs well at 60fps on 1080p with mid/low settings with scaling around 80

If I bump it down to 900p then I get 60fps on high settings.

Would overclocking make an improvement for 1080p?

750ti here.

Runs well at 60fps on 1080p with mid/low settings with scaling around 80

If I bump it down to 900p then I get 60fps on high settings.

Would overclocking make an improvement for 1080p?

I had a 750ti that I was able to OC about 250Mhz on the core with only a tiny bit of overvoltage. (Always leave the memory clock alone)

Depending on the game I'd get 5-10fps improvement.

Mupod

did some matches against my toaster wielding friend on a 5770 and he can apparently run it just fine at 60. Somehow.

I've noticed some non performance related problems. When the game launches it starts minimized and the icon flashes super fast until I click it, which is...weird but doesn't affect anything. Also, having a madcatz TE2 plugged in without x360ce active ALSO disables my keyboard buttons, but not ALL the keyboard buttons. So I could move left and right on the menus but couldn't press B to accept the terms of service etc.

Was a bit of a pain getting two sticks (one 360 HRAP and the TE2) working but it was possible. Considering USF4 was able to detect the TE2 with no issues whatsoever I'm not sure what happened.

Windforce

Guys although I own the PS4 version I might get the game on Steam as well for modding purposes.

Will my desktop run this game at 60 fps? I don't care for best graphics settings, my computer is:

Intel Core i5 3GHz Quad Core, 8GB DDR3 1.600MHz, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB).

Thanks.

NEO0MJ

It should handle it just fine. Don't forget that if you buy it from Steam you can refund the game if it doesn't run up to your standards.

Guys although I own the PS4 version I might get the game on Steam as well for modding purposes.

Will my desktop run this game at 60 fps? I don't care for best graphics settings, my computer is:

Intel Core i5 3GHz Quad Core, 8GB DDR3 1.600MHz, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB).

Thanks.

Yes I'm pretty sure you can play at 1080p with max settings holding 60fps

ship it

anyone running into issues with not having any audio when running fullscreen?

I'm using a gaming laptop and it runs fine now after the latest Nvidia patch, but I'm running the game through HDMI to an external TV and it's not wanting to push audio through the Intel Display Audio drivers.

running full screen borderless windowed seems to cause performance issues (main menu locked at 30 fps).

its definitely something SFV related cause I just verified fullscreen works with other games.

if I download borderless gaming and run it windowed, it drops to 30 fps lock at soon as I get to the main menu. this port SUCKS.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Fyi, I did some testing at 1080p max settings on my gtx 780 ti and vram usage peaked at 1325mb.

Korezo

Can anyone get this to run at 4k with max settings? Couldn't do it on a 970 or 980, I seen 980ti struggle to maintain 60fps. I don't understand why 4k is a struggle.

Can anyone get this to run at 4k with max settings? Couldn't do it on a 970 or 980, I seen 980ti struggle to maintain 60fps. I don't understand why 4k is a struggle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcmxXNvN-TQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIZZhF5ZPZA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biHT9-FNi5k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFfnzdxB0dM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAjsLWEOthY

Looks like tons of people are able to run this in 4K on max settings with a 970 in SLI or higher. There is a video of someone running a single 970 with low/medium settings though. I didn't expect 4K to be a struggle for a single 970... hmm.

Korezo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcmxXNvN-TQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIZZhF5ZPZA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biHT9-FNi5k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFfnzdxB0dM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAjsLWEOthY

Looks like tons of people are able to run this in 4K on max settings with a 970 in SLI or higher. There is a video of someone running a single 970 with low/medium settings though. I didn't expect 4K to be a struggle for a single 970... hmm.

The game doesn't support sli I believe and some of these videos are online. In online mode when you can't hit 60fps the game frame skips or some shit. I had sli 970s and couldn't do it, now I have 2 980s and still can't do it. I've seen a 980ti do it at max but not at stable 60fps. Maybe my cpu i7 2600k oc to 4.2 is the problem, but I doubt it.

The game doesn't support sli I believe and some of these videos are online. In online mode when you can't hit 60fps the game frame skips or some shit. I had sli 970s and couldn't do it, now I have 2 980s and still can't do it. I've seen a 980ti do it at max but not at stable 60fps. Maybe my cpu i7 2600k oc to 4.2 is the problem, but I doubt it.

Damn, something aint right if that's true. Hopefully it's just a case of the game being unoptimized at the moment.

for laptop heads, how would this game fair with a 4gb 960m, 16gb ddr4 ram, and a i7 6700HQ. Am I possibly looking at 60fps at 1080p? or possible with lower settings.

I guess I'll quote myself from the SFV OT as I have a strange problem as of today :/

Say am I crazy or did something change with the PC version? o.o I haven't played SFV for a while on my own PC and now that I came back to it, the game just runs... weird. No matter the settings all FPS overlays show a constant 59-61fps yet the game visually seems to run at a lower framerate, just not as smooth as it did before. Almost like the actual characters are now affected by the same framerate halving like background characters :/

My CPU is a Intel i5 3570k @4.2ghz and my GPU is a AMD Radeon 7970 (R9 280x) @1100mhz. Nothing changed with my system since the last time I played, I didn't even update any drivers. Did anyone experience something similar?

heringer

Not exactly about graphics, but I can't make my controller work with the game. It's a PS3 controller with a driver simulating it's a 360 controller. Any other game works fine, except SFV. Any ideas?

Ploid 3.0

Not exactly about graphics, but I can't make my controller work with the game. It's a PS3 controller with a driver simulating it's a 360 controller. Any other game works fine, except SFV. Any ideas?

Does the controller work with any other game? SFV is the only one it doesn't work with?

Is the 360 emulation this one? "Xinput Wrapper for DS3" http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wrapper-for-DS3-and-Play-com-USB-Dual-DS2-Controller

This is what I use and it works for SFV. Have you made sure ScpService is running if it's this one?

heringer

Does the controller work with any other game? SFV is the only one it doesn't work with?

Is the 360 emulation this one? "Xinput Wrapper for DS3" http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wrapper-for-DS3-and-Play-com-USB-Dual-DS2-Controller

This is what I use and it works for SFV. Have you made sure ScpService is running if it's this one?
Yes. I do use Xinput Wrapper.

I think I found out the problem though. For some reason, Windows recognizes 2 controllers and sets my only controller as Player 2. Every other game works just fine, but that won't do for Street Fighter V. I can't make the controller be recognized as Player 1.

Could it be because I'm using a USB cable like this:

cabo_usb_320.JPG

I mean, it makes no sense (since there's only one controller connected), but I'll try a different one later today.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Does anyone know of a way to run this game at 1920x1080, on a 2560x1080 monitor, without stretching the screen? If I select the 2560x1080 option, the aspect ratio is correct, but the game runs noticeably worse for me and I have to drop the resolution scaling way down to get a smooth 60 FPS. At 1920x1080, I could keep resolution scaling at 100 and it looks much better that way.

Sephiros

Neo Member
Does anyone know of a way to run this game at 1920x1080, on a 2560x1080 monitor, without stretching the screen? If I select the 2560x1080 option, the aspect ratio is correct, but the game runs noticeably worse for me and I have to drop the resolution scaling way down to get a smooth 60 FPS. At 1920x1080, I could keep resolution scaling at 100 and it looks much better that way.

Have you setup your monitor accordingly? In my case my LG was setup to stretch the image and fill the screen. I had to change the ratio to "original" as in 1:1 pixel reproduction.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Have you setup your monitor accordingly? In my case my LG was setup to stretch the image and fill the screen. I had to change the ratio to "original" as in 1:1 pixel reproduction.

Yes, I checked the aspect ratio settings, and for whatever reason, nothing happens with SFV in particular. It's weird.

Bumping this thread with the hope that someone has run into this same issue and resolved it...

I had been playing at 1080p on a 1440p monitor with my GTX 780. If I bumped the resolution up to 1440p (2560x1440), the game would have weird stutter/slowdown. I figured my GPU just couldn't do it. I have a GTX 1070 now...same issue. It happens even if i set every detail setting to its worst, but have perfect performance at maxed out detail at 1080p.

Specs:

i7 3770K at 4GHz
12GB DDR3
GTX 1070
Installed on OCZ SSD

Troubleshooting:

- Have done a reinstall of game (no difference)
- Tested recommended edits of scalability.ini and engine.ini (no difference)
- Latest nVidia drivers (no difference)
- Turned off core 0 while game running (no difference)
- Checked FPS with Steam overlay...

The weirdest thing here is that my FPS show steady 60, but there is noticeable visual lag/stutter that is just not there at 1080p. This happens with online or offline play. My CPU and GPU are not being fully utilized during play, either.

Any ideas?

molnizzle

Bumping this thread with the hope that someone has run into this same issue and resolved it...

I had been playing at 1080p on a 1440p monitor with my GTX 780. If I bumped the resolution up to 1440p (2560x1440), the game would have weird stutter/slowdown. I figured my GPU just couldn't do it. I have a GTX 1070 now...same issue. It happens even if i set every detail setting to its worst, but have perfect performance at maxed out detail at 1080p.

Specs:

i7 3770K at 4GHz
12GB DDR3
GTX 1070
Installed on OCZ SSD

Troubleshooting:

- Have done a reinstall of game (no difference)
- Tested recommended edits of scalability.ini and engine.ini (no difference)
- Latest nVidia drivers (no difference)
- Turned off core 0 while game running (no difference)
- Checked FPS with Steam overlay...

The weirdest thing here is that my FPS show steady 60, but there is noticeable visual lag/stutter that is just not there at 1080p. This happens with online or offline play. My CPU and GPU are not being fully utilized during play, either.

Any ideas?

Weird! Have you tried downsampling through DSR? Maybe 2880x1620 or 3200x1800? Not sure why that would make a difference but I wouldn't think it would at 1440p either.

I personally downsample from 1440p on a 970 and couldn't drop a frame if I tried.

Weird! Have you tried downsampling through DSR? Maybe 2880x1620 or 3200x1800? Not sure why that would make a difference but I wouldn't think it would at 1440p either.

I personally downsample from 1440p on a 970 and couldn't drop a frame if I tried.

Holy shit that worked lol! Thanks! Hahaha makes no sense. Set it to double in the nVidia Control Panel, then in GeForce Experience set resolution to 3620x2036. Runs perfectly. The Steam UI elements are shrunken a bit too small, but I don't care about that for this game, anyway.

Thanks again!

Top Bottom