• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V PC performance thread

Very weird. This game specifically makes my 970 run quieter and cooler than other games. 50% max fan and never goes above 55 degrees celsius when most modern games make it like 64 degrees max with 69 being the fringe case games.

And motion blur = 1 is very nice without being distracting like the default. I set it to off for consistency when I play at my locals on PS4.

Ok I'll try that 1 setting.

And I haven't looked at the temps; I just hear the volume. GPU is working hard for whatever reason.

Trace

Banned
So for all the LOL bad port complaints people were making after watching 10 seconds of a digital foundry video, the game looks like it actually performs great across a huge account of hardware. Pretty much all the way down to a GTX 660 you can get VGQ settings at a locked 60 fps at 1080p, with just a little bit of tweaking for the few cards at the bottom of that pack.

People will blow up about literally anything. I heard a guy complaining the other day he couldn't play it on a GT 620.

Like really, my years old GTX 670 I don't use anymore can play this at 60fps.

The video says the game skips frames in online. It only slows down in singleplayer.

PLAY THIS GAME AT 60FPS PEOPLE.

No problems here, even running the game below some minimum requeriments (like the RAM).

Very rarely fps dips only in some Supers (only noticied in a Zangief vs Mika fight).

The only strange thing I noticed is that the people on the backgrounds looks like are animated in 30fps while the fighters are animated at 60fps.

That's unfortunately by design and it seems like there's no way to fix it.

How does this happen for a game that really focuses on fps. They didn't have time to create the rest of the animation. But had time to make additional outfits for dlc? Would rather see a polished game.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
It's not a FPS like COD. Fighting games deals with frames way differently.

I get that, but 120fps is exactly 2x 60fps, which things are hardcoded for. And it doesn't have the same problem that something like 60 to 30 might where dividing by 2 could leave decimal places where unexpected. If coded appropriately there should be a 120 or 60fps toggle available, but no fighting game dev has made that a priority and that sucks.

I am pretty sure this a logical way to allow for 120hz support in fighters yet companies are too stuck in their ways.

Exactly. It's doable. They just don't do.

How does this happen for a game that really focuses on fps. They didn't have time to create the rest of the animation. But had time to make additional outfits for dlc? Would rather see a polished game.

Because 2D art, minor art concepts, costumes, background NPCs, environment and objects texturing were outsourced to another studio (Streamline).

People always assume that games are done by just 1 in-house developer these days lol, it isn't.

Was worried I would have issues on my alpha as I saw i3 models on YouTube have issues keeping 60fps. However I have a newer i5 model, 8 gig ram and have overclocked the GPU to the common safe settings.

1080p
AA, shadows and textures on medium. Rest on low. During fights its 60 fps. Looks great still.

So I'm very happy with it.

Awesome, thanks for posting this!

Unless I'm blind, other than your screenshot there's nothing indicating if these tests were on max, high, medium or low settings. VHQ means?

(Also typo in 2nd test VHQ 1144P should be 1440P)

I was hoping to purchase a new monitor and debating whether the 970 could handle 1440p and 4K at max settings. I figured 1440p would pass but doubted 4K! Though at 4K I think you can get by without any AA.

NEO0MJ

1080p
AA, shadows and textures on medium. Rest on low. During fights its 60 fps. Looks great still.

So I'm very happy with it.

Did you try raising the texture quality? It doesn't seem too taxing as long as you have enough ram.

Awesome, thanks for posting this!

Unless I'm blind, other than your screenshot there's nothing indicating if these tests were on max, high, medium or low settings. VHQ means?

(Also typo in 2nd test VHQ 1144P should be 1440P)

I was hoping to purchase a new monitor and debating whether the 970 could handle 1440p and 4K at max settings. I figured 1440p would pass but doubted 4K! Though at 4K I think you can get by without any AA.

If I read their site correctly they mean max settings. And fixed the res, thanks.

Did you try raising the texture quality? It doesn't seem too taxing as long as you have enough ram.

If I read their site correctly they mean max settings. And fixed the res, thanks.

All I want is crisp clean IQ and solid fps.

I originally set everything on low. The only things I noticed visual that were distracting were horribly square shadows, some jaggies and some zones had blurred messes for textures. Upping those three to medium and nothing sticks out to me anymore so I'm cool leaving it where it is. The more head room to keep that frame rate solid the better.

I'm surprised by how well the game runs on my notebook:

Asus X550L
i5 4210U CPU, 1.7 GHz
6 GB RAM
Geforce 840M

I'm using these settings:

Resolution: 1366 x 768
Scaling: 71
Anti-aliasing: medium
Post-processing: low
Shadows: medium
Textures: medium
Effects: low

I get 60 fps with a few dips to a minimum of 53 fps. I'm a noob, so I can barely notice the dips.

Wonko_C

Reposting and editing updated impressions from the Digital Foundry thread as this is a more appropriate place:

I am way below minimum but the game is still very playable. Here's what I have:

-Core2 Duo E8400 3Ghz
-4GB RAM
-Geforce GTX 750 (1GB)
-Windows 10 Pro

I can actually play the game at 1080p with medium settings at resolution scale of 66 but I lowered it to 720p to have more headroom. Unfortunately the framerate can't quite stay at 60fps, it fluctuates between 52-60. and 57-60 in training stage. It doesn't matter how low I go I can't get it to solid 60fps. I tested it at 640x480, resolution scale at 0, everything at the lowest, and the framerate didn't stabilize a single bit, GPU usage was ridiculously low. CPU usage wasn't too high either.

Pics of the game settings, followed by minimum recorded framerate and maximum recorded framerate:

-Maximum playable settings:
uy2Q6M0.png

c8uDziO.png

crDipmz.jpg

DJh5y6s.jpg

-Lowest settings:

That's right, no difference. Disabling vsync through Nvidia CP helped the game a lot. No longer do I notice any input delay inconsistencies and can pull off links with ease.

I thought I was CPU limited at first, but then I turned off bsmoothframerate in Engine.ini to uncap the framerate, making the game run as fast as the framerate runs (of course I'll never do this online) and the game goes to all the way up to 100 fps in training stage! and up to 80 fps in the others.

Video of it in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8hvXHE7NNw

Turning off bsmoothframerate and putting on vsync so it doesn't go all speed-crazy makes the game run with a lot less framerate variations, rock solid 60fps in training stage now, 58-60 fps on the other stages. It seems bsmoothframerate=true is the cause of the problems on my aging PC.

SUPARSTARX

Wish I could run this smoothly on 4k but I gotta tone the graphics to like low/medium on my GTX 970. Still looks great though.

Dunno if it's been mentioned before but there's a lot of interesting settings in here. Of course all my own speculation and understanding, but I do see options for Voice, Amazon and Facebook integration. I really hope the Main Menu screen doesn't get plastered with social media windows/icons in future updates.

Also, oddly my game already had MotionBlur disabled. r.MotionBlurQuality=0 was already set. Weird, anyone else had the same? During the Beta motion blur was definitely on for me which I've posted screenshots testing out different graphic options in the Beta thread.

Gren

It might be an unacceptable concession for most, but I got a big performance boost by disabling dynamic shadows entirely via the aforementioned scalability.ini file. IMO "low" shadows are uglier than having none at all, and even "medium" can have a real impact under certain circumstances.

Now I can run at 1080p without scaling, and still have a steady 60 even during flashy/cinematic moments on the most taxing stages. And the character models (the best looking thing in this game) still look fine.

I've got an Alienware Alpha and I can't get consistently good performance out of this game no matter how low I take the settings down and whether I'm playing offline or online. Is everybody using an Alpha overclocking it?

Gren

I've got an Alienware Alpha and I can't get consistently good performance out of this game no matter how low I take the settings down and whether I'm playing offline or online. Is everybody using an Alpha overclocking it?

I overclocked mine to the max +135 core (many others have attested that it's stable) and a modest +300 memory. During the beta the game moved at a snail's pace at 1080p if I left it at stock.

I overclocked mine to the max +135 core (many others have attested that it's stable) and a modest +300 memory. During the beta the game moved at a snail's pace at 1080p if I left it at stock.

I downloaded MSI Afterburner and tried that but this game is still running like shit for me. I have the 8GB i7 Alpha. No SSD.

Gren

Huh, I have the stock i5 Alpha. In addition to the manual shadow edits I posted earlier on, my in-game settings are:

1080p
Scaling 100%
Post-processing: Low
Antialiasing: Low
Shadows: N/A
Textures: Max
Effects: Low

EDIT: But even without editing the .ini file, I know I could get a playable framerate with at least "medium" settings across the board if I lowered the scaling slider to maybe 85% or lower. Have you tried that?

Celcius

°Temp. member
Just in case Durante sees this, what are the chances of being able to mod the background animations to run at 60fps instead of 30?
Also, what are the chances of Capcom doing this in an official PC patch, unless they have to maintain parity with PS4?

i5-2500k at stock 3.3ghz
Asus P8P67LE
8gb G.Skill 1333mhz
AMD R9 Nano 4gb with Feb Hotfix Driver
Crossover Gold 27" WQHD 2560x1440p Display Port

Settings

Scaling 100%
Ultra Everything
VSYNC Off

60fps solid throughout with 30fps backgrounds.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Just in case Durante sees this, what are the chances of being able to mod the background animations to run at 60fps instead of 30?
Also, what are the chances of Capcom doing this in an official PC patch, unless they have to maintain parity with PS4?

Durante usually does stuff with resolutions and IQ type stuff, not framerates.

It's probably possible to change, but the question is whether anyone will put the effort in and the answer is probably not?

Hopefully Capcom includes a toggle

Korezo

Runs perfect in 1080p max, but @1440p I get some color flicker, especially on the water fall stage.

Can someone tell me why globe that shows users is cropped in my screen while for others they can see everything perfect?

Gartooth

Every time I close the game I get a DXGI Focus Proxy Error. Anyone know what means and how to fix it?

Glad to see I'm not the only one getting this error. Its strange that it only happens once I exit the game, and doesn't seem to be hurting anything negatively so far. Does anyone know anything about this?

dawid

Are you guys playing with Vsync off or on?

The tearing with it off hurts my eyes. But it just feels wrong to have the input-delay it brings in this kind of game.

Qassim

Anyone else noticed this when tabbed out?

ozbANqB.png

It constantly drops to 1.8GB and pretty much goes straight back up to 2.8GB constantly every 2 seconds. It has no actual negative effects on anything that I can tell, the game runs completely fine when back in there, it's just interesting behaviour is all.

Baleoce

My friend has a problem currently where training mode goes in slow motion. Then when he's playing online it will catch up. Changing quality settings doesn't affect it. Apparently this is a fairly common issue. Might just be a "wait and see" for a patch situation.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I tried turning off v-sync with the .ini edit but I can't tell if it worked. I didn't notice any tearing nor did the game feel different.

If I'm on a 60hz monitor and the game runs at a steady 60fps, is v-sync even necessary to prevent tearing?

How much input lag is caused by leaving it on?

My friend has a problem currently where training mode goes in slow motion. Then when he's playing online it will catch up. Changing quality settings doesn't affect it. Apparently this is a fairly common issue. Might just be a "wait and see" for a patch situation.
I'm pretty sure if V-sync is on and the game can't hit 60 it falls to 30. I was taking screenshots in 4k and I noticed the game was running at a perfect (but obviously half speed) 30fps despite my GPU usage only being at 70%.

Qassim

Are you seriously asking this question? What is it with you PC guys and the obsession with ultra high frame rates??

It's a pretty innocent question, lay off. As with the 'obsession' with ultra high frame rates.. welll.. why wouldn't want people to have a better experience if they could get it? What sort of a question is that?

I'm fine with the cap in fighting games, it's basically the only genre where it makes any sense, but I don't see what was wrong with that question.

Qassim

Why, in this specific case, would it play better?

Does this principle actually apply to a game without mouse look?

Yes, it does, high frame rates benefit far more than just games with mouse look. You see more visual data and you see visual changes quicker (so, lower response time for input) and any sort of motion is smoother.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Yes, it does, high frame rates benefit far more than just games with mouse look. You see more visual data and you see visual changes quicker (so, lower response time for input) and any sort of motion is smoother.
Can you link me to the empirical evidence that the average person can perceive things faster and that it translates into faster reactions?

Every mechanical element of SF is dependent on frames lasting 1/60th of a second. What would be the real world effect of doubling the framerate? People would be able to react faster to things playing out in the timespan of a few 60ths of a second? Would it translate to faster responses given that the game logic is still dependent on 60th of a second intervals?

Can you link me to the empirical evidence that the average person can perceive things faster and that it translates into faster reactions?
http://accidentalscientist.com/2014...e-better-at-60fps-and-the-uncanny-valley.html

Every mechanical element of SF is dependent on frames lasting 1/60th of a second. What would be the real world effect of doubling the framerate? People would be able to react faster to things playing out in the timespan of a few 60ths of a second? Would it translate to faster responses given that the game logic is still dependent on 60th of a second intervals?

http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1081979 You can actually run the game logic at faster than 60 hz.

Top Bottom