• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street FIghter V reaches 4k entrants for EVO!!!!!

Everyone who owns the game applied for it?

MyV8cLw.png

NotLiquid

I kind of wish there were more posts about how legendary of an achievement this is in spite of the shitty first reply bait

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Damn...the SF community cant take a lighthearted joke lol.

Edzi

It's not that the community can't take a joke, it's that the comments around this game on gaf have been downright vitriolic and the first reply here wasn't really necessary and was clearly there to bait people.

Huggers

Superb. Street Fighter V is an incredible fighter. Looking forward to Evo big time.

And lol, that first post went down well

danmaku

Is it even possible to manage a tournament with 4000 entrants? Soon they'll be forced to hold qualifiers.

Does Evo have the most entrants of any game tournament ever?

Hard to make a comparison, a lot of gaming tournaments are not open like EVO. You need to be part of a pro team to compete in LoL, Dota2 or CSGO.

Boke1879

Well it is an accessible game for all really and with Evo being the biggest tournament I can see it. If I had anyway of going to Evo I'd enter and I'm terrible. Should be a good time.

HardRojo

The logistics to manage that tournament are going to be insane! Will Infiltration finally succumb to another player? Can't wait! Gonna be stream monstering hard that weekend.
Pokkén numbers are making me somewhat interested in the game, sadly I don't have a Wii U, but I should remedy that.

New002

....I thought it was pretty funny...

Love the game.

Same lol. Love the game, been playing more and more, been following the tournaments..still got a chuckle.

I think it would be fun to enter even though I'm terribad. A buddy of mine talked about making the trip and entering one year. Maybe one day we'll make it happen.

phaonaut

So nearly double the entrants from last year and if I remember correctly that was a record. I never thought evo could keep growing at such a steady pace. I guess the staff made a good choice with holding finals at the MGM Grand (I think thats were it is). Wish I was able to attend.

Should be a very interesting EVO this year. The FGC community has grown tremendously over the past couple of years and shows no signs of slowing down with SFV' release. Now with SNK back with KOFXIV (which will very most likely make an appearance next year), EVO has the chance to make a splash

notworksafe

It's not that the community can't take a joke, it's that the comments around this game on gaf have been downright vitriolic and the first reply here wasn't really necessary and was clearly there to bait people.

so...they REALLY can't take a joke

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Really looking forward to this EVO, I always thought watching SF IV was really boring, but that has changed with V. Looking forward to a hype top 8!

Owensboro

Well, that first post is going to ruin the thread for a while.

On topic, just mentioning a number is useless without showing historical data for the tournament. From the link:
EVO 2015 registration numbers by game

Ultra Street Fighter 4 - 2,227

Anyone know the numbers from past years? I feel like SF4 was more popular in previous years but have absolutely no data to back that up.

It's more that the first few posts always set the tone for a thread. And the first post in any SF thread is always something along the lines of "NO ONE BOUGHT IT LOL". It gets tiring after a while. It's like people who kept saying "The cake is a lie" over and over and over.

Top Bottom