• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street FIghter V reaches 4k entrants for EVO!!!!!

Rizific

I don't know anything about fg tournaments, but 4k entrants seems like a shit ton of people. How will they fit all those matches into the tourney? Or will there be some sort of pre qual matches before the event?

daigo is washed up now lol. I will be surprised if he even makes it out of the pools.
Ms2bY6E.gif

Daigo pls prove this memer wrong. Pls!

Alucrid

Banned
Certainly not right now (infil has that free), but evo is 3 months away. I have faith in daigo's talent. For as great as Infiltration is, he was only better than daigo in 2012 and 2013. Daigo's 2009-2011 and 2014-15 performances were better.

Daigo better step his game up.

eh. maybe. but after all his training and kumite performance...

Evo is not going to turn down $ and cap the player entrants. Everyone is invited to come and compete. Maybe we will see an unknown who makes it all the way to top 8 and becomes a household name.

shit, send infiltration to losers or knock him out and you're golden

I don't know anything about fg tournaments, but 4k entrants seems like a shit ton of people. How will they fit all those matches into the tourney? Or will there be some sort of pre qual matches before the event?

multiple days, a shit ton of stations

PHOTOSHOP

Could be a total fuck up tbh if they're not ready. Last year it was only 2k entrants for USF4.

A big major (Final Round) fucked up pretty bad and couldnt handle 1k entrants and lead people to getting DQ'd without them knowing

lol i love this series man. I want nothing but good things for it. If only capcom gave some attention to casual market and not go all out for FGC. They succeeded at what they were aiming. Which is to make the FGC bigger and from the numbers it looks like they succeeded at that. But was it worth it losing the sp/rpg/fps and all other types of players? who knows but that is a discussion for another thread/another time. BTW man you are very good at SFV are you one of the 4k?
Tks man, but I'm probably gonna sit this one out. Gotta budget money for other things this year doubt I'll be able to travel.

I'm destined to be an online warrior it seems lol...

DrArchon

That's crazy, I'm guess evo is going to be a week instead of a couple days. Still good news for the fgc

You wish. It'll still run for 3 days exactly and it'll be hell for everyone working there, but they'll manage it somehow. Everyone that works for EVO, from the big wigs to the volunteers, must be some of the hardest working motherfuckers in the FGC for making EVO run without a big hitch every year.

Top Bottom