• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V Roster Discussion: P-P-P-P-PATTERN BREAKER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiseblade

El Fuerte is just not a street fighter character. Any character that relies 100% on 50/50 mixups doesn't belong.
Why do you hate fun? The only criteria for whether someone is a Street Fighter character is "have they been in a Street Fighter game" and El Fuerte qualifies. In fact, he'd make a great addition to the SFV roster with a playstyle all his own.

#8moreyears

Why do you hate fun? The only criteria for whether someone is a Street Fighter character is "have they been in a Street Fighter game" and El Fuerte qualifies. In fact, he'd make a great addition to the SFV roster with a playstyle all his own.

#8moreyears

5JhD2f1.gif

I'm assuming vega will have a brown hair alt color, like his color 10 had blonde hair in SFIV.

i doubt we'll get 10 colors this time but I'm sure we'll be able to play brunette vega

We'll get 10 colors, but only two will be unlocked at the start and the rest are going to be competing with characters for in game cash so that you are more compelled to purchase characters with real money

Zubz

Banned
8 more years!
8 more years!
8 more years!

I was about to say that I'd rather see this game burn than have him back, but then I realized that, if she got in, Mika would like just be El Fuerte as a fan service-y girl. I don't know if it'd go unnoticed by her fanbase, or if there'd be beautiful saltstorms. But either way, I'm fine with El Fuerte so long as he's Mika.

notworksafe

I was about to say that I'd rather see this game burn than have him back, but then I realized that, if she got in, Mika would like just be El Fuerte as a fan service-y girl. I don't know if it'd go unnoticed by her fanbase, or if there'd be beautiful saltstorms. But either way, I'm fine with El Fuerte so long as he's Mika.

How about we compromise? She can be a normal grappler but in V-Trigger mode she can be Fuerte.

Lothars

I'm almost at that stage. I better prepare for Street Fighter V: Alpha + 4 new challengers.

That would be a big middle finger to us SF3 fans. Classic SF2 characters and "muh early 90s nostalgia" be damned.
Classic SF2 characters are the main stays of the franchise, they are the ones that people love.

I would love some SF3 characters and hope we get some of them

Clawww

We'll get 10 colors, but only two will be unlocked at the start and the rest are going to be competing with characters for in game cash so that you are more compelled to purchase characters with real money

yeah, that makes sense. I guess I'm ok with that being a fight money dump.

I'm genuinely starting to believe the last two SFII characters are Sagat and Balrog. Four heroes, four villains. People have been clamoring for a charge character, and hey Balrog is one! Sagat is pretty shoto-y, we always have room for one or two dozen more. Hopefully the blue area on that map is not just for Alpha characters. We all need Juri. All of us.

Though I wouldn't be too stressed if your favorite doesn't make the cut. This game is probably going to be loaded with DLC. I wouldn't be surprised if we get a DLC character announced before the game is released. If the game comes out in March, I guarantee you we will have 2-3 DLC fighters by the end of summer.

Sagat can be an angry individual, but I wouldn't call him a villain.

#8moreyears
you can go kick sand with that 50/50 crap bro. Just saying...

Skilletor

Sagat can be an angry individual, but I wouldn't call him a villain.

Especially at this point in the time line.

However, I think Sagat is likely just because we need another fireball character. Of course, one of the new characters might fill this roll, but I'd LOVE to see a redesigned Sagat. Angry Scar Vtrig for souped up specials.

Scotia

Banned
I hope the DLC is done in Seasons, like Killer Instinct (if this has been confirmed then great but I can't remember hearing about it). Maybe the base game follows a 'Return of Shadaloo' storyline where Bison and Shadaloo come back after 4 and Nash returns in order to slowly set up the Illuminati. Then we could have a DLC season that follows a 'Fall of Shadaloo' storyline that adds some SF4/Alpha characters that didn't make it in the base roster and then after that we could a third season that could be 'The Rise of the Illuminati' that adds several SF3 characters. I think it's possible the game could be done this way.

Zubz

Banned
I hope the DLC is done in Seasons, like Killer Instinct (if this has been confirmed then great but I can't remember hearing about it). Maybe the base game follows a 'Return of Shadaloo' storyline where Bison and Shadaloo come back after 4 and Nash returns in order to slowly set up the Illuminati. Then we could have a DLC season that follows a 'Fall of Shadaloo' storyline that adds some SF4/Alpha characters that didn't make it in the base roster and then after that we could a third season that could be 'The Rise of the Illuminati' that adds several SF3 characters. I think it's possible the game could be done this way.

I'm down with that.

Seriously, what is with the hate?

His design sucks.

He's annoying to play against and boring to watch.

People can't play against the character and would rather lash out in anger than learn how to counter him

Not really. There are a few matchups I never got around to learning. I wouldn't mind if those characters got into SFV because they aren't shitty garbage-tier characters, like Fuerte.

Scotia

Banned
I also really hope Eisbahn is one of the new characters. His design (from what I saw) looked awesome.

You can see him on the billboard behind Nash here;

P4YYcPx.png

Mik317

The game is missing some playstyles.

Zoner (although it seems like the entire cast has ways to negate any zoning lol)
Rekka
PureGrappler (Birdie is good but we need a imma get in yo face type too)
PureChargeType (Vega is apparently a motion character now?)
ZoningPokes (Sim)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom