• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V Roster Discussion: P-P-P-P-PATTERN BREAKER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Eisbahn means ice rink.

I think it's an ad for an ice skating show.

Hmm so it is possible that the character shown there is either a new character or an old character but given a new look.
It being Remy would be interesting but I could see it apply to being one of the 3 remaining new characters.

Shadoken

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2015/...jerry-macaluso-teases-bit-sf5-future-content/

A more Feral Blanka confirmed?

04_pcsc02.jpg

Shadoken

Its kinda cool how Nash is actually the behind the scenes "main character" of the entire SF series.

He is heavily involved with both major organizations Shadaloo and Illuminati. By comparison Ryu is just some dude Bison wanted as a body.

Its kinda cool how Nash is actually the behind the scenes "main character" of the entire SF series.

He is heavily involved with both major organizations Shadaloo and Illuminati. By comparison Ryu is just some dude Bison wanted as a body.
Behind the scenes is good, but you can't beat the "cover boy" position.

Ryu is infinitely more popular and Street Fighter's story is hard to to even take serious. Hope that finally changes.

Seriously though, when are they going to bring back character into? Ken and Ryu need the fist-bump!

can we get some more charge characters
that aren't Blanka
. I'm better with charge characters and both Nash & Birdie (coincidentally my two Alpha 2 mains) have been switched to motion characters. Chun is also back to her SF3/Alpha motions. hell, i'll take Urien at this point, even with his motion fireball and all.

yeah, Ryu has pretty much nothing to do with Shadaloo & the Illuminati. He has his own story arch, and he's pretty much his own villain (with Akuma as his enabler). I guess there's also the Sagat rivalry too, but that's just fighters wanting to fight. the only games where I would consider Ryu to be the main character are Street Fighter 1 & Street Fighter Alpha 2 (Alpha 1 is not canon and is overwritten by Alpha 2's story). SFA3 had the focus on Nash, Cammy, Chun & Guile trying to take down Shadaloo, SF2 focused on Guile & Chun (and I guess Cammy to a lesser extent) trying to take down Shadaloo again, SF3 focused on Alex trying to get revenge on Gill & the Illuminati, and SF4 focused on Abel trying to find out his origins from S.I.N.

qcf x2

He looks like Remy with an eye patch.

That....could actually be important.

Remy bears a grudge against all fighters, since his father abandoned his family to pursue the path of the warrior, and his sister died in his father's absence, whom he encased in a block of ice underwater in the Bay of Biscay to preserve her.

El Fuerte was a mistake. He's nothing but trash.
Any character whose gameplay can be described as "landing reps in a match" belongs in the trash can. Absolutely.

delSai

If Remy gets in and Alex doesn't i'm going to Hyper Bomb someone.

But i doubt its Remy. Guile would make a bit more sense with Nash being so important.

qcf x2

But i doubt its Remy. Guile would make a bit more sense with Nash being so important.

Not really. What does Guile do for the story besides Nash is my best bud? We don't care about the 90s bromance.

If they are putting in Remy's father, they can write him in to the story however they'd like.

i wouldn't use that for confirmation, considering that they were probably made before SF5. there's a Vega statue beside it on the same page and Vega is still wearing his classic outfit.
The guy in the video talking about the sculptures said he liked a more feral Blanka than what Ono likes, and that Capcom gave them the liberty to do what they wanted with Blanka more so than other characters.. So less restrictions means they don't care much about Blanka, so Blanka deconfirmed.

Doorman

I'm really starting to feel like the lack of any SF3 characters announced so far is because Capcom's being coy about exactly when this game is meant to take place, relative to SF3/3S. It's obviously after SFIV, since we have visibly older Ken and Bison, and the hints of Illuminati dealings with Nash's head-gem and Necalli's tomb show that the lore of SF3, such as it is, is not being wholesale forgotten or retconned. What we don't yet know is whether this is supposed to occur between 4 and 3, or after 3 entirely, and my bet is that any SF3 returner that they show off (assuming there's at least one in the game) will immediately prove SFV's place, which they don't seem to want to do yet.

If "Eisbahn" really were a slightly-older Remy who now has an ice motif, well, I'd be up for it, but it would also force the game to take place after SF3, which currently feels a little weird given the huge number of returning SF2/4/A folks. 5 being the "Fall of Shadaloo/Rise of Illuminati" bridge-piece makes a bit more sense given who we already have, but it would also make the storylines of a few of the SF3 characters a bit awkward.

...Then again we already had folks like Ibuki and Dudley in SFIV when they had no real storyline reasons either, so fuggit. Gimme Alex/Q/Remy/Makoto, I'm sure they'd find some way to tie someone in.

qcf x2

If "Eisbahn" really were a slightly-older Remy who now has an ice motif, well, I'd be up for it, but it would also force the game to take place after SF3, which currently feels a little weird given the huge number of returning SF2/4/A folks. 5 being the "Fall of Shadaloo/Rise of Illuminati" bridge-piece makes a bit more sense given who we already have, but it would also make the storylines of a few of the SF3 characters a bit awkward.

Slightly older Remy is thinking the wrong way, Remy's father fits in fine with it being between SF4 and SF3.

vg260

Not really. What does Guile do for the story besides Nash is my best bud? We don't care about the 90s bromance.

Nash essentially exists (and debuted in Alpha) because of Guile. That storyline has spanned the series since SF2. Whether considered lame or not, they can't have Nash come back and interact with anyone and still leave that hanging. It would be ignoring a massive part of the SF backstory. How prominent they need to make it is debatable, but something has to happen with them.

The guy in the video talking about the sculptures said he liked a more feral Blanka than what Ono likes, and that Capcom gave them the liberty to do what they wanted with Blanka more so than other characters.. So less restrictions means they don't care much about Blanka, so Blanka deconfirmed.

Blanka looked pretty damn feral and menacing in SFII:
SSF2_Blanka.gif

Super_Blanka.png

sf2_blanka_anim.gif

it wasn't until SFA3 came out that he started to act goofy:
Street_Fighter_Alpha_3_2--article_image.jpg

T1qM3VS.gif

latest

blanka-hopbackforth.gif

i gotta admit, I prefer the goofy look on Blanka.

T1qM3VS.gif

Stuff like this is what was sorely missing from IV, and V at the moment. The custom intros(especially Alpha 3) added some extra personality to the characters, and variety instead of the same intros with no difference in dialogue.

Mike M

Nick N
But isn't it weird that it's in German...in London?
Is Cirque de Soleil weird in Vegas?

I will grant it doesn't make a lot of sense, but naming a character with ice powers a name that translates to "Ice Rink" seems even less so.

CDV13

Please god do not put Hugo in this game. Easily the lamest character they have ever created. Especially his garbage ass version in SF4

ZdkDzk

I love Alex, his playstyle, his Brooklyn accent, he's my favorite character in the series...

I would sacrifice him to get that weirdo Remy back. Alex has a plot reason to return from the shadow realm. People like him as a character. People like his weird playstyle. He'll get there eventually.

NOBODY likes Remy. I don't know if I really like Remy. Him and Twelve are never leaving the void, and nobody but me and 12 people will care.

Mike M

Nick N
Please god do not put Hugo in this game. Easily the lamest character they have ever created. Especially his garbage ass version in SF4
Not in any world in which Twelve exists.
NOBODY likes Remy. I don't know if I really like Remy. Him and Twelve are never leaving the void, and nobody but me and 12 people will care.
I mostly like Remy. I like his design, stage, music, and the novelty of high/low sonic booms.

Wouldn't play as him, though.

I love Alex, his playstyle, his Brooklyn accent, he's my favorite character in the series...

I would sacrifice him to get that weirdo Remy back. Alex has a plot reason to return from the shadow realm. People like him as a character. People like his weird playstyle. He'll get there eventually.

I like Remy. He was my main in 3rd Strike. That being said, I would still prefer for Alex to return to SF5.

Doorman

Slightly older Remy is thinking the wrong way, Remy's father fits in fine with it being between SF4 and SF3.

Equally problematic if I'm right about Capcom not wanting to reveal when SFV takes place, since it being Remy's father would guarantee this all happens between 4 and 3.

I mostly like Remy. I like his design, stage, music, and the novelty of high/low sonic booms.

Wouldn't play as him, though.

I think what I liked most about Remy (at least watching how he plays, since I never had third strike) was just the general manner of his fighting style. His long limbs and little hand-jabs and stuff gave him the look of this very "relaxed" and borderline-lazy fighting style that I liked. High-low booms and what pro players could do with charge partitioning made him an intriguing character, but at this point I guess if Capcom wants a character in the core 16 with multi-height fireballs and jump-kicks, they'll be way more likely to include Juri rather than Remy.

Lets be real, the main reason most people want Alex to come back is to get Jazzy NYC 2015.

I hadn't thought about it, but now that you bring this up I'm not ashamed to admit it would be one of my top reasons to want him in.

Wasn't there just a stream yesterday or the day before on Twitch? I thought you could watch Archived vids?

Want to see the latest build man.

Is Cirque de Soleil weird in Vegas?

I will grant it doesn't make a lot of sense, but naming a character with ice powers a name that translates to "Ice Rink" seems even less so.
We have a guy that fights while dancing who is literally called DJ, sense isn't SF's forte

Remy is a character that requires pop-up and verticals. I doubt he'll be in V.

I think more SFIV/Alpha characters may be coming. Anyone with any dynamic properties like Karin may get transformed not sure if for the better tho.

What can the forgotten SF1 characters even offer?

We have Boxer, Cody, Ibuki, Oro, Claw, the twins, what would Lee, Geki, Retsu and Mike even bring to the table?

Amani

I said I wouldn't get caught up in speculation threads...but that ship sailed the second the Smash Vote was made.

So...female boxer. I want one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom