• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V Roster Discussion: P-P-P-P-PATTERN BREAKER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coda

As we await for more reveals, have a few fanart I found
27GWekw.jpg

DH81LbJ.jpg

X1NBmIE.jpg

This one isn't SF5 related but you can never get enough sexy Claw in your images folder~
O4PevLZ.jpg

At this point I don't know what to believe @_@

But man getting this early a reveal is gonna make many of us thirsty for more as we approach TGS and Brazil Game Show

Nice that color Chun-Li art is gorgeous.

ZdkDzk

So you collect all 7 Dragonballs and can bring one EX character back into SF5 - who would it be?

I would pick Cracker Jack. One of my favorite FG characters design wise. And he swings a fucking baseball bat.

Plus, his theme song is amazing. Actually, most of the music in EX is great.

Doctrine Dark. He's got a really interesting connection to Guile that would tie back into Charlie, and I like the fact that he's just a straight up psycho serial killer. You can't beat around the bush on that. Also D. Dark and Guile's EX themes are my top 2 so...

Drayco21

So you collect all 7 Dragonballs and can bring one EX character back into SF5 - who would it be?

I would pick Cracker Jack. One of my favorite FG characters design wise. And he swings a fucking baseball bat.

Plus, his theme song is amazing. Actually, most of the music in EX is great.

There can be only one

skullo-super.gif

I know it'll never happen, but Skullomania remains my dream Street Fighter announcement.

I have no reason to think she'll ever be in, but would anyone actually rage if Ingrid got in? I've seen a lot of vitrol about her in the past but nobody seems that fussed about her these days :p

I have no reason to think she'll ever be in, but would anyone actually rage if Ingrid got in? I've seen a lot of vitrol about her in the past but nobody seems that fussed about her these days :p

I could see people being salty if she was on the initial roster. I wouldn't care, and who knows she may be dlc down the line.

petghost

Banned

I wouldn't mind but she def seems like a kof design or something aesthetically. Actual character design wise she's pretty boring but whatever she only has 2 appearances so it's not like her playstyle is set in stone.

Basically all I want is fresh designs so if she fulfilled that then I'd be psyched.

I guess people forget she exists. It's a pretty unremarkable design and she's not really been in much before either; a port of Alpha 3 for the PSP and Fighting Jam?

TheOGB

Banned
on a different stage

g9E9oq5.jpg

So no, so got upgraded
Thank goodness we have a much better picture to reference than that London stage shot now. That lighting was not doing her any favors.

Ingrid would be fine with me. But since we're going this route I'd like it if this guy didn't go unused:
Wl0YGOP.jpg

ElFly

There'd be a lot of confusion about how she doesn't count as a new character.

I could see people being salty if she was on the initial roster. I wouldn't care, and who knows she may be dlc down the line.

I wouldn't mind but she def seems like a kof design or something aesthetically. Actual character design wise she's pretty boring but whatever she only has 2 appearances so it's not like her playstyle is set in stone.

Basically all I want is fresh designs so if she fulfilled that then I'd be psyched.

I imagine if she ever did reappear for SFV she'd probably get a slight overhaul but I'd be surprised if she did appear even as DLC. I like her but I'm not all that into the more traditional SF designs so those who are a bit novel by comparison tend to appeal to me :p Kind of surprised she'd ever be described as boring considering she's basically a sun goddess and mocks the opponent with half her animations but different horses for different courses I guess :3

I guess people forget she exists. It's a pretty unremarkable design and she's not really been in much before either; a port of Alpha 3 for the PSP and Fighting Jam?
Yeah, just those two. I guess she's somewhat faded into obscurity which is kind of funny when you consider how big an impact she would've had on the story if they'd decided she was canon XD

Momentary

Banned
Thank goodness we have a much better picture to reference than that London stage shot now. That lighting was not doing her any favors.

Ingrid would be fine with me. But since we're going this route I'd like it if this guy didn't go unused:
Wl0YGOP.jpg

I thought they remade this guy into C.Viper? He was supposed to use electricity from his gloves.

Wl0YGOP.jpg
Oh wow, I had to google image him XD Interesting that D.D didn't manage to escape to Jam along with Ingrid.

There'd be a lot of confusion about how she doesn't count as a new character.
I dunno, I think the few people who do know who she is would probably be quick to inform those who don't and encouraging people to look into Capcom's back catalogue probably wouldn't do the company any harm :p

I expect Capcom to jump on the guest character dlc train like MK/Smash/KI. Whether it's from their own franchises or someone else's idk.

That sprite style is CVS. I can tell because of Ken and Ryu (tho Ryu got some SF1 style edits (red hair, shoes).

yeah, but i wouldn't want it in the CVS style. i just posted that because it was the closest thing to a nice modern sprite set that I could find haha. definitely prefer how SF3 looks. I would want it to play more like an amalgamation SFA2 and 3rd strike though.

Bloodrage

Banned
It seems Cammy got a slight model upgrade in the latest build, she has more eyelashes, and overall her eyes feel more lively:

JpoNNzl.png
She went from 10/10 to 11/10 now. Her lips somehow got even cuter.

Looking forward to seeing the Ken update. Ono specifically said not to judge the graphics until the product is done.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Her duck lips are terrible.

It's like an instagram.

All these screenshots are her ducklip selfies.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)

I want Ingrid if only for the reason she was the last Street Fighter universe character Akiman personally designed.

Wallach

You know what is hype, if Urien is in this he will have a suit costume alt... Ah yeah..

With all of the charge characters so far having at least one form of motion input, I feel like he'd fit right into SF5. Hopefully well enough that he makes the starting roster. Though for the first time in a SF game I'll have a much harder time picking a main... Bison and Urien on the same character select screen is an instant dilemma.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
looks like my prediction is still kinda on track since Vega is bunched up with the other SF2 characters on the select screen. just switch the spots of the new characters and the sf3/sf4 slots...

SIQmJLa.jpg

Ugh... Claw needs a Cammy style face model upgrade. He's supposed to have almost feminine beauty. This guy would not bother to wear a mask to protect his looks.

TheOGB

Banned
Ugh... Claw needs a Cammy style face model upgrade. He's supposed to have almost feminine beauty. This guy would not bother to wear a mask to protect his looks.
I think it works for him, honestly. He's good looking enough to "warrant" narcissism...
sarkeezyxiq97.png

...but crazy enough to make that narcissism hilariously overblown.

He's straight up stuttering. First stutterer fighting game character?
Yeah, dude almost sounds like he's struggling to get the words out. Makes me think he just learned to speak... or at least, modern speech:
Job/Affiliation: Ancient Warrior

Village

Job/Affiliation: Ancient Warrior
You bein funny but when they need someone to get hype in the background of a zack Snyder flick in tathered robes, thats who they call. When they need some hype ancient looking dude for the new WW movie. He who they get. It pays well if that mansion he has in his character art is any indication.

Necalli is just a method actor

Shackzam

Is there any footage on YouTube of nacalli. I can't find shit, for some reason the gamersyde site is messing with my mobile device and I can't really watch it.

TheOGB

Banned
You bein funny but when they need someone to get hype in the background of a zack Snyder flick in tathered robes, thats who they call. When they need some hype ancient looking dude for the new WW movie. He who they get. It pays well if that mansion he has in his character art is any indication.

Necalli is just a method actor
Lmao

Is there any footage on YouTube of nacalli. I can't find shit, for some reason the gamersyde site is messing with my mobile device and I can't really watch it.
Gamersyde's got the video up on their Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0GvHxTlTuY

And couple others
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjA7U-Zcyew
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-DrvpH7wCQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom