• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V Roster Discussion: P-P-P-P-PATTERN BREAKER

Status
Not open for further replies.
As we await for more reveals, have a few fanart I found

DH81LbJ.jpg

X1NBmIE.jpg

At this point I don't know what to believe @_@

But man getting this early a reveal is gonna make many of us thirsty for more as we approach TGS and Brazil Game Show

I fucks with that Chun-Li super hard!

Momentary

Banned
I think they are still working on face models. They just want to get out characters for people to gain interest in the game. I'm sure a lot of these faces will get enhancements soon enough. I remember some SFIV characters looking a little off and animations looking horrendous in alpha footage back in 2007 or 6 I can't remember when.

Mike M

Nick N
I wonder how Necalli's V-Trigger will be balanced. At first blush, it seems like it should be less potent than the other power-up triggers since it doesn't run out. But given how long they last and the damage output of the game those three-bar triggers seem to last until the end of the match anyway.

Also, holy shit, he does keep his V-Skill in Trigger mode. Also, I don't see Blanka being in for a while given his V-Trigger mode walk animation where he lopes along like an ape.

Westlo

Also, holy shit, he does keep his V-Skill in Trigger mode.

Why wouldn't you keep your v-skill when in V-trigger mode? Everyone else does.... the only thing he loses is the ability to V-reversal because he doesn't exit V-Trigger... but that's kinda moot since with the damage in this game I really doubt many other 3 bar V-Trigger characters would even be able to build another bar for a reversal after their v-trigger mode is finished.

Mike M

Nick N
Why wouldn't you keep your v-skill when in V-trigger mode? Everyone else does.... the only thing he loses is the ability to V-reversal because he doesn't exit V-Trigger... but that's kinda moot since with the damage in this game I really doubt many other 3 bar V-Trigger characters would even be able to build another bar for a reversal after their v-trigger mode is finished.
I could swear I read that he lost his v skill

I wonder how Necalli's V-Trigger will be balanced. At first blush, it seems like it should be less potent than the other power-up triggers since it doesn't run out. But given how long they last and the damage output of the game those three-bar triggers seem to last until the end of the match anyway.

Also, holy shit, he does keep his V-Skill in Trigger mode. Also, I don't see Blanka being in for a while given his V-Trigger mode walk animation where he lopes along like an ape.
I am sure his power-up is less potent than others on timers, like Bison's (Bison becomes insane with meter in V-Trigger).

pizzacat

Banned
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";174372684]I never would have guessed that Necalli is taller than Vega. That's the power of good posture, I suppose.[/QUOTE]
Dude might think he's a beauty but he's got the hunched beast back

Mizerman

He only thinks he's pretty.

In all fairness, Vega is pretty boy. A crazy assassin with a disturbing fascination of blood, but a pretty boy nonetheless.

However, Vega thinks that he's the only one that's beautiful and no one else can tell differently in his crazy mind.

Mista Koo

So you collect all 7 Dragonballs and can bring one EX character back into SF5 - who would it be?

I would pick Cracker Jack. One of my favorite FG characters design wise. And he swings a fucking baseball bat.

Plus, his theme song is amazing. Actually, most of the music in EX is great.
I like you.
Besides C. Jack I like Hokuto, she is EX's Alex after all.

Raitaro

Quick question related to the Chun-li art above: is the "noodle bowl on the head" finisher still in the game at all, or? I haven't seen it since the game's initial reveal.

And to ask another question again since it got lost last time: what are the chances that all stages will have some kind of interactions or hidden sections in the final version?

It seems weird that the Hong Kong stage has several of them (i.e. the restaurant section on the left and the bus on the right) while the London and Waterfall stages don't seem to have anything beyond having visible but seemingly inaccessible sections (like the restroom on the left of the London stage or the cave with statues on the right of the Waterfall stage). I do hope these stages are not final yet and that we will be able to hit people into secondary parts. (I also hope we'll get more stages than 6-8 or so, which is the no. I'm fearing we'll get when taking the current no. of stage to character reveals as an indication.)

kirblar

Vega's animated Vine just went up. This seems a LOT faster than with previous reveals- is there another event/tradeshow in the next few weeks?

Vega's animated Vine just went up. This seems a LOT faster than with previous reveals- is there another event/tradeshow in the next few weeks?

Sony's TGS show is coming up. We still don't know if it'll be a pre-TGS show or one that takes place right at the start of the event.

aly

Quick question related to the Chun-li art above: is the "noodle bowl on the head" finisher still in the game at all, or? I haven't seen it since the game's initial reveal.

Think so, since I saw it on Max's stream when he played the Beta.

And to ask another question again since it got lost last time: what are the chances that all stages will have some kind of interactions or hidden sections in the final version?

It seems weird that the Hong Kong stage has several of them (i.e. the restaurant section on the left and the bus on the right) while the London and Waterfall stages don't seem to have anything beyond having visible but seemingly inaccessible sections (like the restroom on the left of the London stage or the cave with statues on the right of the Waterfall stage). I do hope these stages are not final yet and that we will be able to hit people into secondary parts. (I also hope we'll get more stages than 6-8 or so, which is the no. I'm fearing we'll get when taking the current no. of stage to character reveals as an indication.)

Matt Dahlgren just said at gamescom that there will be hidden easter eggs on stages. He says you'll run into them as you play, so he won't reveal them.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2015/08/06/street-fighter-v-gameplay-demo-ign-live-gamescom-2015

More gameplay footage btw

kirblar

Vega yodels in one of the videos when he's on the NZ stage- I assumed that was a joke hidden in there specific to that combination.

Pompadour

The waterfall stage has a cave on the right with the Illuminati statues from Gill's 2I stage in it. I'm sure that will be added later.

vg260

Loving Vega's stance and movement animations. He's been so stale for ages, he looks so much more stylish here. Great stuff.

mattp

are the select screen models different from the gameplay models?
because ken's face in the character select looks different from gameplay ken to me

I expect Capcom to jump on the guest character dlc train like MK/Smash/KI. Whether it's from their own franchises or someone else's idk.
Well KI makes sense because KI barely has any characters to begin with. No casual player cares if Kim woo makes it or not..Smash added essential icons from third parties and that was it. MK already added most of their interesting characters and no one gives a shit about characters from the shittier MKs as dlc so they have to garner attention somehow. SF still has a bunch of fan favorites to add...

BadWolf

I expect Capcom to jump on the guest character dlc train like MK/Smash/KI. Whether it's from their own franchises or someone else's idk.

Doubt it, they will keep a mainline SF entry 'pure' I think.

I do expect them to make a Capcom All Stars game eventually though and that is when they will throw all sorts of characters in.

Why does Vega yodel in the first place? That isn't a Spanish thing as far as I know.

Vega is as cultured as he is beautiful. He only takes actions that befit a man of his character, and throws aside all preconceptions of patriotism. He needs not concern himself with the desperate cultural clinging of lesser men.

Mike M

Nick N
There're a whole wealth of Final Fight characters that could be mined for new(to SF) characters, and maybe even Rival Schools (I know they're not a shared universe despite Sakura's presence, but they could always change their mind) before we have need to look at other Capcom IPs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom