• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V Roster Discussion: P-P-P-P-PATTERN BREAKER

Status
Not open for further replies.
What can the forgotten SF1 characters even offer?

We have Boxer, Cody, Ibuki, Oro, Claw, the twins, what would Lee, Geki, Retsu and Mike even bring to the table?
You're acting like they have to stay the same as they were initially.

They can build off the base and make them more interesting, while at the same time referencing their history as participants in the first tournament.

I don't want any SF1 fighters back, but if we could somehow get some version of Eagle's theme in, that'd be fab :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kaNNi9ka_I
I thought you liked Eagle. D:

qcf x2

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";174198321]but guile is remy's father[/QUOTE]

Capcom ninjas will be after you shortly. Parries won't work. Good luck.

Lulubop

They can build off the base and make them more interesting, while at the same time referencing their history as participants in the first tournament.

he looks like cody, hes a street fighter. if you're gonna drastically change him whats the point? he's cody. that was the redesign

I'd rather Capcom just made new characters instead of trying to make Geki not be just a generic throwing star ninja

At least Eagle had a very distinct fighting style. Kali sticks are cool

Me? Have I talked about Eagle before? :eek:
I'm... kind of unfussed about him. If we had to have an SF1 character he'd be my prime pick but I'm fairly apathetic about SF1 in general outside of Eagle's music ^.^;

Thing is, Eagle's tune is great but it doesn't really feel right in a fighting game. It sounds more like a track that accidentally got lifted from castlevania XD

edit: on the upside, I had a friend cosplay as Eagle to the Super Street Fighter 4 launch party i threw back in the day :D

Mike M

Nick N

My thought as well. SF1 is so long ago that they could bring back the lost SF characters in pretty much any playstyle/move set they please. Really the only overlap with predicting characters that I think would be an issue would be Geki and Vega with the claw. I suppose Geki could ditch it and replace it with something else.

he looks like cody, hes a street fighter. if you're gonna drastically change him whats the point? he's cody. that was the redesign
Well he was created first, so I guess Cody is Joe.

But I happen to like him, and he's got a special place in my heart for being the very first opponent. I think they should actually tie him into Cody's storyline.

Eagle > Joe > Geki > Sagat > Retsu > Mike > Lee > Adon > Gen

Personal order of importance for unconfirmed SF1 characters.

Well he was created first, so I guess Cody is Joe.

But I happen to like him, and he's got a special place in my heart for being the very first opponent. I think they should actually tie him into Cody's storyline.

Eagle > Joe > Geki > Sagat > Retsu > Mike > Lee > Gen

Personal order of importance for unconfirmed SF1 characters.
I like how Adon isn't even considered

Fuck that guy

I want a separate SF1 remake game (with 2D sprites), that plays like an amalgamation of SF3: 3rd Strike & SF Alpha 2.
street_fighter_1_redux_by_kiwi_rgb.gif

I'd rather Capcom just made new characters instead of trying to make Geki not be just a generic throwing star ninja

At least Eagle had a very distinct fighting style. Kali sticks are cool
At this point they would practically be new characters since most people would be unfamiliar with them, but yet they come with built-in history. It's the best of both worlds IMO.

Me? Have I talked about Eagle before? :eek:
I'm... kind of unfussed about him. If we had to have an SF1 character he'd be my prime pick but I'm fairly apathetic about SF1 in general outside of Eagle's music ^.^;

Thing is, Eagle's tune is great but it doesn't really feel right in a fighting game. It sounds more like a track that accidentally got lifted from castlevania XD
I'm probably remembering incorrectly. You should love him though. Love him now.

My thought as well. SF1 is so long ago that they could bring back the lost SF characters in pretty much any playstyle/move set they please. Really the only overlap with predicting characters that I think would be an issue would be Geki and Vega with the claw. I suppose Geki could ditch it and replace it with something else.
Yeah, Geki doesn't need to be a claw fighter still. They could implement a new style for him, while still confirming the long held speculation that he trained Vega. (Which would also give Vega something interesting to do other than the "I'm so beautiful/crazy!" schtick.)

I like how Adon isn't even considered

Fuck that guy
Heh, I totally forgot about him. I don't like him particularly, but he's added now.

XenoRaven

What are the percentages of a new character being based off Ronda Rousey?
Named: R. Mousey

ufc_vs_streetfighter__rousey_vs_cammy__weigh_in__by_samdelatorre-d8j8ay4.jpg
Dude on the right is definitely checking out Cammy's ass.

And some MMA fighter (forgot the name) claims Cassie from MKX is based on her and threatened to sue or something.

Mista Koo

I wonder if Nash (Shadow?) would be the final boss.

Geki is a generic ninja with a claw, if you remove the claw there's nothing left of the original character.
While I would've liked to see them return, Geki had to replace Vega (no way we would have two clawed ninjas acrobats) and Retsu had to replace Makoto. Besides these two I don't see anyone else returning.

Muchacho

Any SF1 characters returning would be so awesome. Eagle, Retsu, Lee or Joe. But by the looks of it they're maining SF2 chars.

They should leave out Final Fight chars at least in the first iteration and focus only on SF. Cody, Guy, Maki, Haggar, Hugo, Poison, Rolento, Sodem should be added in later editions.

Village

What are the percentages of a new character being based off Ronda Rousey?
Named: R. Mousey

ufc_vs_streetfighter__rousey_vs_cammy__weigh_in__by_samdelatorre-d8j8ay4.jpg

Under a minute tho!

Characters/People who will probably get fighting game characters

I bet someone is going to base someone off of the new creed movie.

delSai

So you collect all 7 Dragonballs and can bring one EX character back into SF5 - who would it be?

I would pick Cracker Jack. One of my favorite FG characters design wise. And he swings a fucking baseball bat.

Plus, his theme song is amazing. Actually, most of the music in EX is great.

Muchacho

Game already has 3 chars from SF1 tho

last night i dreamed Karin was revealed, lmao

Technically yes I get what you're saying, but I wouldn't count Ken and Ryu as every game from 1 - 3 has been them 2 against a cast of new fighters. It wouldn't be Street Fighter without them 2.

I just meant fighters who has not seen the light since SF1. As someone said before bringing them back would be like having new characters with history of their own as they would have new movesets and possibly new looks as well as being SF veterans already.

I can picture Eagle in there with his SF5 upgraded look and kick-ass track remixed kinda like Millia/Ky's tracks in GGX.

emag

Balrog to die in the ring and roster spot given to son that never knew him.

wait how long after sf4 is sf5? why bison got white hair but vega look the same?

For what it's worth, Bison's SFIV story states that his regenerated/new body wasn't entirely ready for use, but he needed it early. Rapid aging is a reasonable consequence.

Tizoc

Ayo speculation time
If Gief makes it in, do you think Capcom will make him be able to chain grabs in SF5?
I don't think Capcom ever had a character do chain grabs as part of their primary moveset before (Darun's GOD doesn't count as it's a super :p)

SNK did it with Goro Daimon, and with Naoe Shigen and Juzo in Last Blade.

I'm a big fan of the 3rd strike crew we got for IV, so I would really love to see: Makoto, Dudley, and Ibuki but if only one made it I would love for it to be Makoto.

And I guess we did get Elena in IV too but that was later.

Skilletor

Ayo speculation time
If Gief makes it in, do you think Capcom will make him be able to chain grabs in SF5?
I don't think Capcom ever had a character do chain grabs as part of their primary moveset before (Darun's GOD doesn't count as it's a super :p)

When you say "chain" do you mean combo into throws from normals or have multi-part throws like King from TTT?

Tizoc

When you say "chain" do you mean combo into throws from normals or have multi-part throws like King from TTT?

The latter actually, though they could always have him be like Angel or Brian Battler from KoF both who have combos that can end in grabs.

Ayo speculation time

I'd say chain grabs are more Mika's thing personally :3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZPJRH_CE7U (albeit minus the 100% damage :p )

Zubz

Banned
Michiko Malandro for SFV!
giphy.gif

That's honestly what I'm hoping Laura/Brazil Character's like. At the end of the day, though, I'm just fearing we'll just get generic, cutesy, and obnoxious "I'm here to have fun!" kind of character. And, of course, she'd probably just use Capoeira, solely because she's Brazilian.

Well, at the very least, my expectations are low now; short of a "Lucky Chloe" situation, I should theoretically be unable to get disappointed.

So you collect all 7 Dragonballs and can bring one EX character back into SF5 - who would it be?

I would pick Cracker Jack. One of my favorite FG characters design wise. And he swings a fucking baseball bat.

Plus, his theme song is amazing. Actually, most of the music in EX is great.

If you expect this to go in any direction except towards Skullomania, you have another thing coming.

BokehKing

Banned
Not really. What does Guile do for the story besides Nash is my best bud? We don't care about the 90s bromance.

If they are putting in Remy's father, they can write him in to the story however they'd like.
Besides the fact you would have no Nash with out guile, and the fact they can idk... Surprise us with changes?

Zubz

Banned
I want a separate SF1 remake game (with 2D sprites), that plays like an amalgamation of SF3: 3rd Strike & SF Alpha 2.
street_fighter_1_redux_by_kiwi_rgb.gif

I mean, that might be nice and all, but I'd rather see Eagle get the promotion to the SFV roster he deserves. He's all we need; the rest can just stay in the past.

looks like my prediction is still kinda on track since Vega is bunched up with the other SF2 characters on the select screen. just switch the spots of the new characters and the sf3/sf4 slots...

here's my random shot in the dark:
QOtFXSY.jpg

the "SF3/SF4" might also be sliced in half for 2 more SF2 characters, we'll see...

SIQmJLa.jpg

Tizoc

As we await for more reveals, have a few fanart I found
27GWekw.jpg

DH81LbJ.jpg

X1NBmIE.jpg

This one isn't SF5 related but you can never get enough sexy Claw in your images folder~
O4PevLZ.jpg

looks like my prediction is still kinda on track since Vega is bunched up with the other SF2 characters on the select screen. just switch the spots of the new characters and the sf3/sf4 slots...

SIQmJLa.jpg

At this point I don't know what to believe @_@

But man getting this early a reveal is gonna make many of us thirsty for more as we approach TGS and Brazil Game Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom