• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken announced for NGP, Features Cole From Infamous

7a286858114d5a0c5c08af16a8d97616.wix_mp

oh wait

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
If they're gonna put unrelated Guest Characters in, I'd rather see a KoF Team XD
Would be a fitting throwback to their truest rivals from days past.

...it is pretty odd, though. I wouldn't expect them to go to Sucker Punch for an exclusive chara. I don't mind the way he looks in the game though... he looks just as goofy as any of the oddball stuff (Bears, Chibi Dinos, girls who attack with their detached heads, raptors, etc) that Tekken has, so fine.

While I think it's bad for the competitive community (no hope of chara returning, takes potential time away from other characters, etc, etc), I think guest chara's serve the purpose of making ONE character that the general public cares about, which really is fine. They're fun to mess around with casually, they can have some cool new moves invented for them, and they present some cool oppurtunities (Endings done by artist that'd never touch the main game, non-fighter stages in fighting game formats, new style for the extablished characters, etc). For the pure GAME aspect of fighters, the part that's just about fun and enjoyment, I'm always happy to see this kinda thing.

If you're focusing more on the announcement of Cole in the game then the game announcement itself, I HIGHLY doubt you were going to buy any iteration of SFxT in the first place, let alone a PSV version.

SAB CA said:
Would be a fitting throwback to their truest rivals from days past.
Yeah.

I was thinking about guest characters in SFxTK before this announcement, and I had thought that a Scorpion/Sub-Zero pair would fit the most.

get it, because snk is not as popular in america compared to japan, and i am an american teehee

JudgeN

StickSoldier said:
Yeah, but it was running horribly when he was playing it.... It looked slower than 30 fps.

I'm sure its need alot more time in the lab, but the FPS will probably be fixed.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
The one thing people should put aside are framerate concerns.

SFxTekken isn't even done for the arcade version yet.

The entire game is like 50% complete.

They probably got this Vita demo up and running over a couple of weeks.

Capcom isn't going to release a triple A fighting game on a quad core portable that doesn't run at 60fps.

sleepykyo

Kaijima said:
The one thing people should put aside are framerate concerns.

SFxTekken isn't even done for the arcade version yet.

The entire game is like 50% complete.

They probably got this Vita demo up and running over a couple of weeks.

Capcom isn't going to release a triple A fighting game on a quad core portable that doesn't run at 60fps.

Why not? They had no qualms about the input lag in SF4 or the frame rate in MVC3 with regards to the PS3.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
The whole point of Vita is that is has cross-play with PS3 games, right? So I'd assume the PS3 and Vita versions would have the same features.

I do have to wonder if the 360 (and Cafe?) versions would get exclusives too, now.
(Still prefer those SNK Characters, give me Scorpion Terry Bogard in this game! XD)

Nevermind Cole, I hope this game ends up being good, I am still a little iffy with it's bright and eye piercing art style, as long as it plays well ( like SFIV) I guess it will be forgiven.

So I suppose the console versions will come out before this? can someone confirm that?

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Touch screen special moves! Awesome!

Hopefully it will have cross platform play with PS3 online:

Walk in Sonic boom, sonic boom, sonic boom, sonic boom x1000

Throavium

Ra1den said:
Capcom seems to have caught the Namco virus with the out-of-place cameo characters.

This, only Spawn and Link fit. Kratos fit in MK. That's about it. Master Chief did not fit in DOA.

kinggroin

Banned
Amir0x said:
Are the backgrounds animated?

Oh right this system is $249 but has beast power

Hahaha

But all my buddies are telling me, "just wait till tomorrow, you won't regret your purchase".

Oh pshaaaaw

ARXIN said:
Confirmed Via Capcom Twitter:
Cole is on the PS3 and PSVita

Looks like I'm in for a Triple Dip at some point in time. I'm surprised that Capcom has even went this route because it's not of their usual nature. Cole looks to fit right in with the rest of the cast and it gives PS3/Vita owners something special and a damn good reason to pick up a copy. Who knows if the 360 gets any love out the deal but I think Capcom vs PlayStation is coming in 2014.

Throavium said:
This, only Spawn and Link fit. Kratos fit in MK. That's about it. Master Chief did not fit in DOA.
Personally, the only guest character that didn't seem out of place to me was Heihachi. He even has some (plausible) canon links to the series. (It's widely speculated that Tekken and Soul Calibur take place in the same universe.)

Link was too cartoony in appearance for me. Plus, he's such an iconic character I couldn't really get past the weird factor.

So I guess nobody was feeling Nicole in DoA but me? Plasma Grenade Stick is one of the most disrespectful throws in video games. She had a lot of Bayman and Leon to her but she wasn't a failed experiment in that case. The same for Link in Soul Calibur 2. There is a reason why that version sold more copies than the PS2 and XBOX versions. It's a testament to the fact that console exclusive characters can work if done correctly. And for the record, Peach was a monster in V3. EA really showed love to the GameCube with that and Little Mac and Super Punch Out in Fight Night Round 2.

However this is a practice that is and will become the norm because of the payoff both sides get. In this case Capcom is gonna sell more copies on PS3/PSV because of Cole's appearance and people who wouldn't bother with inFAMOUS2 might give it a second look. But some are going to get alienated and left out but that money is gonna talk a lot quicker. Just look at MK9 and it proves that this is something that works and now that this is seen as viable it's gonna get nasty real quick.

Top Bottom