• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken announced for NGP, Features Cole From Infamous

Mush

The bit about Cole being "iconic" in the press release made me giggle. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love inFamous as much as the next guy, but I think that's going a tad far when the franchise has only been around a few years. Nothing but PR dribble.

V_Arnold

GhaleonQ said:
Wow, this E3, Sucker Punch is rapidly plummeting down my list of favorite developers.

This is a horrible post. If a guest character in a different game messes you up this much, I suggest you quit gaming right now.

Chemo

V_Arnold said:
This is a horrible post. If a guest character in a different game messes you up this much, I suggest you quit gaming right now.
Yeah, I thought it was pretty much bullshit, too.

hamchan

I have no issue with this and I question anyone who does. It's so easy to ignore his existence and then there would be no difference from the other versions.

Anyways I'm quite happy this game is coming to the Vita. Capcom is showing great support to both handhelds.

hamchan said:
I have no issue with this and I question anyone who does. It's so easy to ignore his existence and then there would be no difference from the other versions.
Resources better used on a character everyone can play. Takes a lot of work to design, create a moveset, play test a character. I'm not bothered that it's cole I'm bothered that it's only on one version. Even if 360 had it's own I still wouldn't be crazy about the idea. It makes him(competitively) a throwaway character. I'm aware most people don't care about that but the fighting game community tends to dislike this sorta thing.

V_Arnold

ARXIN said:
Resources better used on a character everyone can play. Takes a lot of work to design, create a moveset, play test a character. I'm not bothered that it's cole I'm bothered that it's only on one version. Even if 360 had it's own I still wouldn't be crazy about the idea. It makes him(competitively) a throwaway character. I'm aware most people don't care about that but the fighting game community tends to dislike this sorta thing.

The fighting game community wont play this game on a Vita, they will be using arcade sticks in the first place. So it does not matter what the handheld stuff has, it can have as much eyecandy and "user-magnet" feature as it wants. It literally does not matter.

It's been confirmed for the PS3 version as well. I'm not looking to get into a debate about it. I know most will not be bothered by it and I understand their side. People are entitled to their opinions I was just answering the above posters question.

Skilletor

V_Arnold said:
The fighting game community wont play this game on a Vita, they will be using arcade sticks in the first place. So it does not matter what the handheld stuff has, it can have as much eyecandy and "user-magnet" feature as it wants. It literally does not matter.

Cole is in the ps3 version as well.

Vice

ARXIN said:

They'll just end up playing the console versions anyways. Plus, console exclusive characters, like Kratos in Mortal Kombat, get tournament banned anyway.

At an offsite Sony Computer Entertainment press event on the 9th (as reported at Impress Watch), Capcom producer Yoshinori Ono revealed that Sony and Capcom are working together on a new feature for the Vita version of SF x Tekken. He hopes to show this at TGS.

Ono provided just a few hints about the nature of the feature, saying that that rather than taking place in a closed environment, it will be something that lets you experience the full PlayStation family connected together. He also referred to it as a "new experience."

In addition to the Vita version announcement, Ono announced during Sony's conference that Infamous main character Cole would be a playable character in the game. Cole will not be paid download content or something you need to activate. He will be available when you purchase the game. (I'm not sure if he's saying that the character will be available as a default character).

While the Cole character was demonstrated at Sony's conference on PlayStation Vita, Ono confirmed that he will also be appearing in the PlayStation 3 version.

There could be other special characters besides Cole, Ono also said.

Many of the other PlayStation Vita games shown at E3 were said to be launch titles for the system. Capcom would make no such announcement for the Vita version of SF x Tekken for two reasons. First, the Vita version has not reached the state where it is satisfactory as a fighting game. Second, it does not yet have the special feature that will be shown (hopefully) at TGS.

Outside of Cole, Capcom announced four new SF x Tekken characters at E3, but few were surprised because the identities had been guessed from the four teaser videos that had been released in the weeks prior to the show. Ono promised another major announcement for San Diego's Comic Con event, but this time he promised that the teaser video would be extremely tough. He suggested that players attempt to guess the announcement by going through the video frame by frame.

Ono joked that the man in him had wanted to show nudity for Nina, but this didn't happen because he's a gentleman. However, he believes that Tekken series producer Katsuhiro Harada is not a gentelman, so he won't be so kind when with Chun-Li in Tekken x Street Fighter.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/06/11/ono_sf_x_tekken_vita/

jetsetfluken said:
Is that some sort Gutsman design in the background?

Mega Man confirmed!
One of the Scenario Campaign Tekken Force enemies.

T9Bf2.jpg

Finaika

Ono joked that the man in him had wanted to show nudity for Nina, but this didn't happen because he's a gentleman. However, he believes that Tekken series producer Katsuhiro Harada is not a gentelman, so he won't be so kind when with Chun-Li in Tekken x Street Fighter.
Tekken x Street Fighter superior version confirmed.

Top Bottom