• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken new info and videos round-up

TDLink

No...I was talking about characters. Gems would be interesting though.

Ok, I guess I should have stuck with what I originally said.

Random select is near the top left of the character select, opposite of Cole's position towards the bottom right since he doesn't have any character that would be his "partner".

Here is the full character select screen for the retail release, taken from Spooky's stream yesterday:

7xn1c.jpg

Tizoc

Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay....remember that leak list that said you could pay 5 dollars to unlock Gouki and Ogre and all their colors?

Load of bull that turned out to be XP
...and then there were the free Gem DLCs up on EU PSN...

Looking at the character select screen, you can have six characters at the bottom left for SF side and 6 at the upper right for Tekken side.

ShinAmano

Thanks for that pic, I can rest easy now. Has anyone gotten a hold of the booklet? Will it be full color and have useful information?

Also who is doing the op? It goes up Tuesday right?

RS4-

re: gems.

Are they all unlocked for local battles?
But for online modes, you only have access to ones that you unlocked/purchased/dlc'd?

At least with them all unlocked it makes tournaments more smoothly, more so if you have loadouts on USB already.

Skilletor

Does Raven not have his knee? I didn't see it in the walkthrough. I would be extremely disappoint if not.

Peer 2 Peer is Peer 2 Peer. Keep trying to justify your monthly payment for some old ass technology that sucks ass.

I consistently have worse connections on PSN with the same people, in the same games, with the same router configurations, than I do on XBL. I'm not trying to justify a monthly payment. I'm paying the monthly payment because the competition doesn't provide a comparable service. Besides, if it was just about being P2P, wouldn't all fighters have equal net play?

Tizoc

Thanks for that pic, I can rest easy now. Has anyone gotten a hold of the booklet? Will it be full color and have useful information?

Also who is doing the op? It goes up Tuesday right?

What do you guys think the subtitle for the OT should be?

kirblar

What do you guys think the subtitle for the OT should be?
Now with Akuma and a Kuma!
Does anyone know if he can switch stances in this version?
He can indeed- this seems to be a big reason we don't see much footage of the Tekken cast- many of them seem to lean heavily on stance switches that you just can't pick up in 10 minutes. Until yesterday I had no idea Kuma had a second stance, and it completely changes his mobility options.

mr. puppy

Banned
so is there really any sort of synergy between the two characters besides how well they can finish a launch combo, cover each others bad matchups, and some sort of battery/user build? this tag mechanic just seems forced into the game.

Skilletor

so is there really any sort of synergy between the two characters besides how well they can finish a launch combo, cover each others bad matchups, and some sort of battery/user build? this tag mechanic just seems forced into the game.

That all sounds like strategy to me. How is it forced?

I hate forced tag stuff since I may not like the partner the character I play gets a bonus with.

zlatko

Banned

Don't forget the ability to put both characters out at once letting you create super sick mix ups or that Pandora COULD have some practical applications as well.

Plus, all the things you listed give the tag mechanics meaning. Set up a second character who does lots of damage with damage gems, then your main on point character with speed or meter gems, open someone up, tag into your damage character and boom you capitalize with a great team synergy combination that way.

I'm glad this game has a 2v2 tag mechanic. Reminds me of Tatsunoko <3

Sayah

If I had the option to do the Tekken roster, it would be like this:

Howarang + Baek (Student and master)
Kuma + Heihachi (Student and master)
Nina + Steve (Mother and son)
Jun + Jin (Mother and son)
Julia + Ganryu (Complicated love)
Lee + Anna (Complicated love)
Asuka + Lili (Rivals)
King + Marduk (Rivals)
Jack + Alisa (Dr. B's robots)
Yoshimitsu + Raven (Ninjas)
Bryan + Dragunov (Sadists)
Law + Paul (Buddies)
Xiaoyu + Panda (Buddies)
Kazuya as standalone.

Ogre, Zafina, Miguel, Leo, Lars, and Christie are missing from the list, though.

Top Bottom