• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken new info and videos round-up

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Anyone worried we are a week and a half away from the game, and yet still no confirmation of spectator mode?

Yeah, Ono seemed to have confirmed it on twitter. So no worries. Even if it didn't, the game would have 2 VS 2, so if I wanted to play with multi people, I'd prefer that anyway.

So everyone has a chargable move that turns into an ex, then a super. But if you dash out of it, it cancels it but the next move you do gains counter properties. But does the charged move become an ex if you charged it to an ex, canceled it and then did the move again?

The charge creates a counter hit, but not a stored ex. I think the best way we can figure this out is to look at the people chaining charged fireballs with Ryu.

You CAN charge an EX into a super directly though, so that's pretty cool. Storing EXs would be pretty interesting, but probably easy to make some pretty crazy combos with (Imagine ken getting a free EX Tatsu, for a total of 4 EX Tatsus in one combo. LoL.)

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
"Jumping medium punch from air to air creates juggle status"

Can we get some people to make character videos that dont try and play it like SF4.
While at the same time he insists you need somebody like Hugo to catch the opponent after Juri kicks him up in the air, not considering the positional advantage it leaves for Juri as-is.

Tizoc

FingerCramp's Juri+Rufus vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Trv2Ds8cRc
Silver Rufus looks wicked.

@SAB CA- Good points mate. Now that I think about it, Elena's super would be Spinning Beat if not SA2. I don't think we'll see Healing in this game XP

Oh and I find it hilarious Juri's CA has her do ALL those hits for a measly 100 points of damage XD

SUPARSTARX

Thank you based Ono. Swag to the maximum.

Can breathe easy when I go pre order my collectors edition today at Gamestop. :D

Yeah I think not being able to announce spectator for the company caused some hysteria lol. Good to see confirmation.

Good times will be had.

found this pretty funny lol

iwd1bDrVm2jJ2.jpg

Westlo

We don't deserve Ono, we are not worthy.

Also apparently Ono said the endings are like the trailers... normally I would assume that means CGI but this is Ono... if it is CGI, totally Tekken style and a step up from SFIV as well.

Degen

looks like stream monsters discovered Twitter

Ono really is the developer that the fighting game community deserves

Filth

So everyone has a chargable move that turns into an ex, then a super. But if you dash out of it, it cancels it but the next move you do gains counter properties. But does the charged move become an ex if you charged it to an ex, canceled it and then did the move again?

20100108063328!Exploding-head.gif

WAT?

Westlo

Hmm with Ken's improved Ex Tatsu in this game (at least +4 on hit compared to -1 on hit in SFIV)... if he can OS a jump in to punish tech rolls like he can against teleports... he'll be a beast in this game period. Teleports, raw tags, tech rolls, if you can get 1 hit of the ex tatsu in you've got +4 advantage at least and you can do whatever you want meter willing. An Akuma who teleports backwards with under 60% life is dead against a Ken with 3 bars who's option selecting. Ex Tatsu (Two hits) c.mk Launcher c.mp Super Art is probably 60% of Akuma's life. Braindead version of Ex Tatsu (two hits) LMH X Super Art would probably do 50%. And if that works against tech rolls...

zlatko

Banned
So after all these videos and streams anyone have any clue who they will be maining yet? I'm really liking how Rolento is looking.

I knew since the game was first announced I'd do Rolento and Steve Fox if they made the cast.

They made the cast AND they both turned out super god like.

Other characters I will mess around with though are:
Jin
Kazuya
Abel
Raven
Cody

Using Rolento no matter what, and I'll have a hard time putting down Steve even if I'm ass with him.

Xiaoki

So after all these videos and streams anyone have any clue who they will be maining yet? I'm really liking how Rolento is looking.

Juri and Elena

But Elena isnt in the freaking game yet, so I have to wait and main someone else until Capcom decides we're worthy enough for the privilege of paying for Elena.

So, probably Lili

Vega because my SF4 main chicken loyalties seem to be paying off.

Then either Asuka, Kazuya or King.

Asuka has so much stuff to throw out.

Kazuya is the most badass

and King's got dem HOP KICKS

Claw/Law for now, but I wanna try some other characters like Julia, Abel, Ogre and Rolento. I kinda wish Dudley wasn't a DLC character even though he's my Super main, since half the Tekken guys seem to play like him anyway.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Asuka is my Tekken Main. No way I won't play her in this.

Julia looks like a lock as well. I always wanted to show her more love, but between her and Wang Jinrei, I always picked him in T6. Now I can main her without reservation:)

King, Marduk, Dhalsim, Heihachi, Ogre, Lili (especially if you can make her look like Ingrid with Customizations, haha), maybe Vega? Elena would probably be a lock for my main SF character, if she was already here :( If Lei Wulong acts like a SFxT version of KoF's Chin, I'd probably love to play him.

As mentioned by Hitokage earlier, counters actually look USEFUL in this game, and I'll really enjoy countering with Asuka if they work out as well as expected. Will be so awesome!

I really wonder how Rose woulda worked out in this game... Kinda like a female Vega/Rolento? hmmm...

Tizoc

Ono is one crazy fellow...but a love-able adorable one at that; he's about the cutest ChunLi cosplayer I've ever seen X3

Oh and my mains for now are gonna be Claw+Hugo, at least until the rest of the cast is explored.

Sayah

My teams:

Primary: Nina + Yoshi
Secondary: Hwoarang + Lili
Tertiary: Vega + Rolento

This may change once I get my hands on the actual game, though.

LowParry

Hmmm. Teams. Teams. I have no idea. To start probably:

Vega/Lili
Bison/Kazuya
Ling/Jin

Who knows. Watching Spooky's feed now, I'm seeing some other characters that get me excited. Time will tell.

I really, really wanted to roll with Lee/Vega

Failing that Dragunov/Vega

Failing that... hmmm

Maybe Steve/Vega or Lili/Steve

Pretty annoyed that the 2 Tekken characters that I wanted didn't make it in, but oh well.

Who do you guys think is going to be this games Dante? While I don't think 30s combos are going to be possible, who is in contention for being the one wo/man highlight reel in this game?

I'm gonna roll Paul/Law at first. But I plan to play all the tekken characters and non-sf4 capcom guys. So much new stuff to mess around with.

But I will go back to my true love Elena when she hits, haha.

GatorBait

Ok, so I'm hoping that Capcom takes notice with what MK is doing with their Komplete Edition: sell DLC costumes/characters/etc for a period of time after the original game is released, and then put out a complete edition disk with all the DLC on it...that is still compatible for play with players who have the original disk.

Best of both worlds, IMO. You get the increased longevity and regular updates to the core game with DLC, and then you get a disk with all DLC packaged in it that will help increase the user base, rather than split it. Really hoping Capcom goes this route since they have said you will only need one disk for SFxT.

CPS2

Who do you guys think is going to be this games Dante? While I don't think 30s combos are going to be possible, who is in contention for being the one wo/man highlight reel in this game?
Its a bit early but Law's move that lets you tag and charge a full super is probably the best setup i've seen so far. Its the most likely setup to give you a counter hit mid combo (dash cancelled ex move), which could give you some crazy wall bounces, then a pandora combo back into Law.

I know that's not really one man stuff but its probably the most stylish i can think of. Current one person champ is probably King.

AAK

Team TKD

Hwoarang/Juri

Will drop Juri for Armor King if he's ever added as DLC :D

Also interested in seeing how Bryan/Christie translate as well.

Chun Li/Ling Xiaoyu.
Juri/Jin.
Akuma/Heihachi.
Akuma/Kazuya.

Not really sure why but I'm interested in trying those teams out. Honestly I'll mix and match everyone.

I really really want this game now please, Got the CE preordered that arcade cabinet piggy bank.... Wish I could find a collection of the art from the this game I would love some wallpapers

Top Bottom