• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stupid Questions |OT| of questions that don't deserve their own threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

I got, probably, a stupid question, at least one I don't know the answer to.

I got The Vampire Diaries on Blu-ray but I want it with me on the go on my iPhone and iPad but how do I rip it on my Mac?

Do I need a Blu-ray drive? What kind? And which software?

Futureman

don't most business who direct deposit your paycheck do so at midnight on the last business day of the month?

Saw someone online complaining that their check hadn't showed up yet, but that wouldn't happen until midnight tonight.

or is it entirely possible that some places do it a little different I guess?

ultron87

don't most business who direct deposit your paycheck do so at midnight on the last business day of the month?

Saw someone online complaining that their check hadn't showed up yet, but that wouldn't happen until midnight tonight.

or is it entirely possible that some places do it a little different I guess?

I don't think there is any set standard. For me I get it every other week on Wednesday morning.

Zoe

It depends on your company's bank and your own bank.

I get my paycheck the day before they're supposed to go out. My coworker gets his the day of.

Hi, I want to buy a LCD for my bedroom. At the moment I live in China and I got this offer:

400 USD for a 46'' Hinsen LCD that is 2 years old. The new ones are around 800 USD.

I'm completely new related to this :/ Anyone could point me out in the right direction?

Thanks!

Jzero

Hi, I want to buy a LCD for my bedroom. At the moment I live in China and I got this offer:

400 USD for a 46'' Hinsen LCD that is 2 years old. The new ones are around 800 USD.

I'm completely new related to this :/ Anyone could point me out in the right direction?

Thanks!
I've never heard of that brand before.

Oreoleo

Hey stupid questions!

I just filled out the FASFA for the time, going to college to get into nursing. I've never been to college before. What type of degree am I going for? I am stupid when it comes to this stuff because I've never had any experience with it.

That's kind of a loaded question, I think you'd be better off talking to a student adviser.

Ponn

Banned
I don't really pay too much attention to commercials and i've been seeing that google ad with the dad and the daughter gone away to college. I got they were trying to showcase a bond between a dad and a daughter but I never noticed till tonight, are they implying the mom died? That makes that commercial sad to watch now.

Oreoleo

Alright, thank you for the answer :)

No problem. Maybe someone here can help you more, but I'd be more worried about getting/giving bad advice and not knowing it. College isn't something to mess around about. That said, good luck!

I don't really pay too much attention to commercials and i've been seeing that google ad with the dad and the daughter gone away to college. I got they were trying to showcase a bond between a dad and a daughter but I never noticed till tonight, are they implying the mom died? That makes that commercial sad to watch now.

That was my takeaway when I saw it as well.

Chrono

Banned
I just found out that American expats have to pay tax to both the country they're in AND the US, I'd like to know how the hell is this possible - wouldn't they have to pay like 70-80% tax?

Cyan

Banned
I just found out that American expats have to pay tax to both the country they're in AND the US, I'd like to know how the hell is this possible - wouldn't they have to pay like 70-80% tax?
Most countries have tax treaties such that tax paid in one counts against your tax owed in the other.

Zoe

And there's usually a threshold that you have to pass before paying any taxes at all. I know you can live comfortably in Japan without hitting the limit.

Hey You

So yesterday I may have eaten some raw chicken. I threw some chicken strips into the oven, the timer to flip them, I got distracted and ate a couple of them before releasing my mistake.

No real symptom besides when I went to bed I could start to feel becoming really dizzy and my stomach started to hurt. I was so tired that I just feel asleep right away.

Today, no symptoms. Do you guys think I'm good? I've heard symptoms might even show up within 72 hours.

hey gaf, is there a way to transfer Hi 8 Tapes digitally without a camcorder? I have like 20 tapes from like 10-12 years ago that I would like to put on my PC but have no idea what happened to my camcorder. I saw some sites that do it for u for like $10 per tape but there is some..let's say...interesting footage on there from my spring break days I would rather not let some stranger view. Plus I don't want to spend $200.

Any ideas?

Dreaver

GAF, I need your halp:
Since recently, a lot of web fonts in Chrome are fucked up for me. A lot of fonts (NOT everything) are IMPACT font. Just certain parts/texts of websites.
It's very annoying to read. The fonts aren't changed in Chrome (options show Times New Roman/Arial/Courier New). So I have no idea what the problem could be.

- It's ONLY in Chrome
- Also in incognito mode

Here is a picture
h4r1t.jpg

Cheers!

Hammer24

Banned
My wife loves university marching bands, like f.i. the Ohio 110.

Is there something like some sort of championship, where one has the chance to see several of this marching bands perform and/or compete?
I´d love to give her tickets for such an event for christmas.

Thanks for the help in advance!

OddSpoon

Banned
I'm gone for a week without my girlfriend, and just wanted to know if I should start masturbation or avoid it so ill "perform" or last longer when I get back with her. Sorry if this is an awkward subject :/ I know everyone is different so more insight would be appreciated

So Friday night I got pulled over on suspicion of DUI. Stupid friend decided to stick her head out the window to vomit right when a cop turned the corner behind me so naturally the cop decided to see what was up. Told him I had had one drink earlier in the evening (truth) and that I was just getting her home. He made me take the field test, breath test, told me he wasn't gonna let me drive and had me call a friend to take the car. Didn't get arrested, written a ticket or anything, didn't go to jail, just got let go with my license handed back to me and no indication of anything bad, aside from being told I couldn't drive for the evening. Am I totally in the clear or am I gonna receive something scary in the mail?

Cyan

Banned
So Friday night I got pulled over on suspicion of DUI. Stupid friend decided to stick her head out the window to vomit right when a cop turned the corner behind me so naturally the cop decided to see what was up. Told him I had had one drink earlier in the evening (truth) and that I was just getting her home. He made me take the field test, breath test, told me he wasn't gonna let me drive and had me call a friend to take the car. Didn't get arrested, written a ticket or anything, didn't go to jail, just got let go with my license handed back to me and no indication of anything bad, aside from being told I couldn't drive for the evening. Am I totally in the clear or am I gonna receive something scary in the mail?

My guess would be you're ok. If he was going to nail you, he would've done it at the time, not later.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
I'm gone for a week without my girlfriend, and just wanted to know if I should start masturbation or avoid it so ill "perform" or last longer when I get back with her. Sorry if this is an awkward subject :/ I know everyone is different so more insight would be appreciated

It doesn't matter that much in terms of performance if you have a daily wank. The performance difference comes when you alter the frequency to an extreme degree. Like, wank five times a night for a week, then stop for three days, then wank again.

We're living in the 21st century. Masturbation isn't a taboo anymore. Don't worry about it!

I saw a thread about a month-ish ago about some new cartoon show...one of those good ones that an adult can enjoy. Surely is has only had about 4-5 episode by now....this question is extremely vague, but please help.

ultron87

I saw a thread about a month-ish ago about some new cartoon show...one of those good ones that an adult can enjoy. Surely is has only had about 4-5 episode by now....this question is extremely vague, but please help.

The most recent one I remember fitting this description was Gravity Falls. But that was at the start of summer: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=480646

I have no idea if the show is actually good.

Baconbitz

Banned
Can any Samsung galaxy s3 users tells me if that app that is free on the s3 that syncs your iTunes stuff also syncs ios apps? Someone at work told me if I used that app I wouldn't have to re-buy any of my apple apps minus any apple exclusives?

My wife loves university marching bands, like f.i. the Ohio 110.

Is there something like some sort of championship, where one has the chance to see several of this marching bands perform and/or compete?
I´d love to give her tickets for such an event for christmas.

Thanks for the help in advance!

In the summer, all the drum corps tour the US for a shitload of competitions.

Here's last year's schedule of a drum corps to give you an idea where they're held - http://www.cavaliers.org/cgi-bin/cal.pl

I would google/YouTube some of these groups to see if this is anything you'd be interested in. It's not exactly marching band but it's similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom