• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Subtle gamer clothes you can wear in public

i have like, 3 game shirts. I try and keep it relatively subtle because im already enough of a nerd, dont need to broadcast that shit any louder.

I got this Halo shirt (not with a white logo tho) years back when i still liked the series

halo-unsc-logo-white-men-s-t-shirt.jpg

this Dark Souls one which i fucking love

and my wife bought me this, which even tho dorky is retro enough that its kinda cool. Also i work out a fair bit so im in good shape and can at least pull it off without looking like too much of a loser..

What? Well the subtle designs are no different to wearing clothes with a band logo or designer logo on them. If you mean the more garish clothes then they are worn for fun and to elicit a response at parties or just to feel eccentric and it amuses them. Y'know, fun and entertainment.

I don't wear anything because i want people to talk to me i wear it because i like it. Like my House Of The Dead - Overkill t-shirt and the back. That's not my picture but it's the same t-shirt of awesome.

To each their own. If I'm into something, I'll buy some type of artwork or collectible that I can see by putting it on a wall or on my desk. It's not like I'm going to admire the logo on my t-shirt. Once the shirt is on your body, you're probably not going to look at it again unless you walk past a mirror.

Wargaming has some pretty nifty looking clothes for World of Tanks etc.

Nice prints about tanks, some jackets that have some militaristic looks...

Way too expensive for me though! And I don't use prints at all anymore.

EDIT. Example:

Musterbrand is the company that makes those, it appears that they have Legend of Zelda clothes and lots of others too. But I like the WoT ones...

zeemumu

Do these come with cargo shorts, fedora and wallet chain?

Nope, just compliments. Again, you can get away with wearing a video game shirt as long as the art's cool. It's not like someone who doesn't play games is gonna call you out on wearing a Majora's Mask shirt. Still looks fine out of context.

When people say they want subtle video game shirts does that basically mean "I like video games but I don't want people to know I like video games"?

Studio logo shirts are cool. Everything else always comes across as too try-hardy and embarrassing.

Any pre-1991 symbol, no matter how colorful, seems more discrete or less "gamer".

a t-shirt with big ass tetris pieces looks to me way lees geekier than a hoodie with a tiny Mass Effect logo.

Glix

These have some dope Splatoon merch at Nintendo NYC that is very subtle and cool.

Also, King of Games is the best in the biz. Their stuff ISN'T subtle. But the designs are artsy and legit and not "gamer dudebro in your face" at all. Warning, they print the shirts in small batches, and it can be kind of addicting to get them, lol.

I imported a number of their tees and a hoodie at great expense and they were all worth it especially the dope Kid Icarus shirt.

https://editmode.jp/en/

When people say they want subtle video game shirts does that basically mean "I like video games but I don't want people to know I like video games"?

Studio logo shirts are cool. Everything else always comes across as too try-hardy and embarrassing.

I think it means shirts that are cool even if you have no idea wtf the reference is.

It's a damn shame this thread was initially intended to be a troll, though.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
While the first one isn't subtle with the bunny girl, I thought these were still pretty cool

ra,unisex_tshirt,x2950,dd2121:8219e99865,front-c,648,590,750,1000-bg,f8f8f8.lite-1u2.jpg

ra,unisex_tshirt,x2950,e5d6c5:f62bbf65ee,front-c,648,590,750,1000-bg,f8f8f8.lite-1u2.jpg

ra,unisex_tshirt,x2950,322e3f:696a94a5d4,front-c,648,590,750,1000-bg,f8f8f8.lite-1u2.jpg

LoveCake

Not exactly clothing, but I have been using this as my work-bag (take my lunch and drinks in) for a few years now.

WIlJNVk.jpg

PillarEN

Not exactly clothing, but I have been using this as my work-bag (take my lunch and drinks in) for a few years now.

WIlJNVk.jpg

I forget which site sells this but you get a different color depending on your region just like the actual consoles. Red, blue and yellow? Ah whatever it was for the logo.

I've got a couple of things from King of Games and most people don't realize they're gaming-related shirts unless they're fans.

Most recent ones are my Splatoon shirts:

P1030367_zpsmtf72ggn.jpg

F6B68D2B-D0F4-4A06-9D04-256AE8CB78C9_zps4ifq6nko.jpg

Had a mom actually recognize the anchor shirt as she made one for her daughter when I was at Disneyland last November.

Top Bottom