• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Subtle gamer clothes you can wear in public

My wife bought me a Mass Effect N7 jacket awhile back I wear a lot when the weather is right. I get tons of comments on it and the people who don't know what it is referencing usually tell me they thought it was a motocross thing.

hoodie-me-n7mkii-front.jpg

mclem

That's the logo of Shenmue's Tomato Convenience Store :)

Looks like the picture in the post I was replying to had vanished, but yeah; I was more commenting on having spotted it 'in the wild'. Spotting and identifying the t-shirts in Go 8-bit has become a fun minigame for me!

I have this Splatoon 2 Enperry Shirt:

11482637-8754499836885761.jpg

Kid Cobra Shirt:

ra,unisex_tshirt,x1000,462445:542506a2a5,front-c,195,210,315,294-bg,ffffff.jpg

And that Shenmue Tomato Store shirt from insert coin. The Splatoon and ARMS brands work since they look closer to skateboarding brands and whatnot.

MikeBison

Subtle doesn't need to mean you can't tell what it's from outside of a really obscure reference. Just that it's not a shirt saying "I died but I'm a gamer so I have 2 more lives LOL"

Pheace

I've been trying to think of a way to kind of 'reveal' I'm a gamer to people since it would be nice to casually get people talking about it sometimes. I guess I should look into some gaming t-shirts.

I was thinking of perhaps velcro-ing something I have, maybe my bag and start putting gamer tags on it but not sure how easy those would be to obtain for my favorite franchises.

Was also considering the N7 hoodie above, it just looks slick, in the pictures at least ^^

Top Bottom