• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad has only about 200 players playing the game on Steam

Trogdor1123

I still don’t see how this was even given a go. I know it was approved at the height of cape stuff but it’s just not an appealing property. There are loads of other ones they could have used.

Saber

Gold Member
Hope it was worth the 9 years of live service bullshit, saying its a sucessor of Arkhan series and associating with Sweet Baby.
Rockystead should watch their own video of Boomerang showing his middle finger, since they think it was a good idea for the marketing. Suit your situation like a glove.

Last edited:

Sentenza

I still don’t see how this was even given a go. I know it was approved at the height of cape stuff but it’s just not an appealing property. There are loads of other ones they could have used.
It's not even an appealing execution of the concept, to begin with.
I'm not particularly in love with the Suicide Squad in general, to put it mildly, but I would have played the shit out of their own "Batman-styled" action adventure from Rocksteady.
What they are offering here is completely unappealing to me even if tied to the best license in the world.

Then again, on a personal note I don't like even the big success stories in the genre like Destiny (in fact I absolutely LOATHE the "looter shooter" genre), so I may simply not be the target here.

Last edited:
That is.... the wrong takeaway from this particular train wreck.

Why? The way they disrespect the characters (other than the wonder women) was a real talking point prerelease and sweet baby founder was the lead writer on the project.

Not saying game would have been profitable with a better story, but I don’t think we can wave off that SBI had a big negative impact on the games potential success

Topher

Gold Member
Hope it was worth the 9 years of live service bullshit, saying its a sucessor of Arkhan series and associating with Sweet Baby.
Rockystead should watch their own video of Boomerang showing his middle finger, since they think it was a good idea for the marketing. Suit your situation like a glove.

One would think WB would learn some lessons here and not try this shit with Hogwarts, but as things are, Batman and Harry Potter IPs are pretty much dead due to corporate exec stupidity.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
To me looks like OP was referring to the peak with that rounding but it isn't important. My point is that the person you're arguing with is saying more than 200 people play it on steam because that's how they're reading the title: "Suicide Squad has only about 200 players playing the game on Steam". Not inferring "at this moment in time".
Really off topic.
But might as well since no one is actually gonna talk about the game.

No one is arguing that looking at current and/or peak gives you the unique users for a given day.
Literally no one is even implying that, the thread title plus the one sentence OP explains the point of view.
Ribi is having the unique users argument with themselves.

If at any time during the day you log into the game it shows you about 200 people playing......its not even a stretch to say "there are about 200 people playing this game".
The inference is just that......there are 200 people playing the game, is it the exact same 200 people all day every day? Probably not, time zones and all that jazz.
It is however a very fair statement.

Dazraell

To me looks like OP was referring to the peak with that rounding but it isn't important. My point is that the person you're arguing with is saying more than 200 people play it on steam because that's how they're reading the title: "Suicide Squad has only about 200 players playing the game on Steam". Not inferring "at this moment in time".
Nope, Black_Stride was right, I was referring to 171 players who were playing the game on Steam on that particular moment when I posted that screen cap so I feel title was accurate
Btw. That other poster who got upset called either me or a database I was referring to (SteamDB) as "journalist", so I really wouldn't take their words as anything else than "old man yells at cloud". They probably were frustrated about some past shit that wasn't even relevant to this thread

That’s ok, just wait for next Hogwarts, all GaaS all the time. 😔
Honestly, that Quidditch game they announced a while back could theoretically work with game as a service model. If done right it could attract a larger playerbase. But that thing is questionable with WB's current approach

StereoVsn

Sadly Hogwarts already has a ton of issues with its overemphasis on DEI nonsense. I can only imagine it getting worse with the sequel.
What’s amusing even with all the progressive and inclusive themes and characters in the game, press and bunch of morons went absolutely bonkers.

Given the IP they had access to; how they managed to come up with such a poor concept is beyond me. Its not like the Batman Arkham games weren't literal money printing machines. Can you imagine? Lets not do Batman Court of Owls or Hush. Lets not do Batman Beyond. No Superman game or Flash. No Justice League... no, lets go with Suicide squad killing the justice league. What an absolute joke. WB and Rocksteady truly deserve this failure of a game.

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
Particularly sad when Rocksteady was so uncompromising in their original trilogy.

Every single character and story beat felt like it was made by fans of the origin comics / franchise whose only interest was to get it right. Zero intrusion of any kind of outside agendas, "modernizing" or "updating" anything, etc. Just great games made by dudes who genuinely loved the franchise, and minimal corporate influence.

Of all the studios to fall into mediocre trash, this is one of the saddest.

Denton

Meh, I might play through the story when it hits gamepass or epic giveaway. Definitely not paying a penny extra for this.

A shame, since Arkham Knight is brilliant.

Hollowpoint5557

A Fucking Idiot
Last edited:

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
Whoever thought a Suicide Squad GaaS game was a good idea needs to be fired
what's weird is that it's not really on a GaaS model either, right? As I recall it has a hefty price tag. So it's like a retail non-service game with a GaaS style and content? Or at least, a huge up-front game cost with service after, rather than the usual pricing schemes for these genres.

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
According to SteamDB, the game currently has less than 200 players with 214 being a 24-hour peak
GzB0xUI.png
Now is 171

just as i'm getting ready for another replay of arkham asylum. such a brilliant, visionary, imaginative piece of work. just as well we had no idea what was to eventually come...

simpatico

I'm about a third the way through my first Arkham Knight replay since launch and holy shit it makes this debacle so much worse. If anyone hasn't played it on modern hardware, it's time to go back to it. Runs stapled at 90fps (max) with all the little Nvidia PhysX setting ON (which was damn near impossible at launch). That game is an accomplishment. Doing that with UE3 and the tech of that era is legendary. The flew too close to the sun I guess. RIP

Top Bottom