• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiGiKerot

That's a shame. People fell in love with the first season.

I wonder if these Project Itoh movies are going to be good. Two out of three of them look like sci-fi, and you all know how I love me my sci-fi anime.

Harmony

Genocidal Organ

The Empire of Corpses

Guys, I need these to be good. I need them to be.

I read the book of Harmony back when it first came out in English, and... it's pretty clear why Itoh was friends with Hideo Kojima. Not in a derogatory sense or anything, but there's a lot of the tone of the societal commentary of MGS2 and MGS4 to it. It's a pretty interesting book, and I'm kind of curious to see how the film turns out. Never got around to reading the copy of Genocidal Organ I own, though, and can't for the life of me remember where I put it.

Empire of Corpses I already have tickets to for when it plays in Scotland come October.

What is this lame shit? That is not Kaisar and Favaro.

It's alright.

It's not related to Bahamut.

If it was my reaction would have been similar to the following.

awzSyfr.gif

I know some of us may disagree on the quality of the ending of the show, but boy did it give us quality gifs. No one can dispute that.

Mailbox

Honestly, i kinda feel like this show should have probably been a bunch of short movies rather than a tv anime. Each arc is so self enclosed that it feels like the anime wants you to take a breather.

I will admit this much though:

This is definitely the most interesting zombie anime I've watched (can it be classified as such? i'm not sure)

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon Super S: Episode 136:

Holy Jesus Fuck, this season has been quite the pile of mediocrity but this episode might be one of the worst episodes of Sailor Moon period. The jealousy streak of Usagi has always been an obnoxious character flaw no matter what the medium and it is especially pronounced in the anime but the episode ratchets it up to, well, cartoonish proportions for the sake of a situation right our of a terrible sit com. Though in reality this was like many terrible sit com episode tropes tied into one boring monstrosity. It is pretty damning when Chibiusa has to point out how psychotically clingy she is being even for her. Strongest recommendation to avoid and burn all evidence of existence.

Well it's related to Bahamut world, just not related to Genesis.
I can see Cygames wanna get all different type audiences.

I'm fine with that. It's actually nice to see someone taking their games and expanding out into a different market with it. If only some other large videogame company would do that same...NINTENDO! NO THE FUCKING AMIIBOS DO NOT COUNT!

So, apparently some people asked the creator of Gangsta if she liked the anime, and it appears she does, but she wishes the show had more Gainaxing, or tits bouncing.

Ayumi

Please help me out of this mindset that all anime sucks. Because I know it doesn't, but there is so much of it, it's really overwhelming so I just avoid it overall because I don't know what to watch.

I've watched so little that I don't know what I prefer.

。:゚(。ノω\。)゚・。

Please help me out of this mindset that all anime sucks. Because I know it doesn't, but there is so much of it, it's really overwhelming so I just avoid it overall because I don't know what to watch.

Watch Madoka.

And check this post:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=170542205&postcount=2

phaze

Pretty sure he's left in due to both historical significance and what I presume is faithfulness to the source material. It probably makes more sense in context with the TV series as he's a character Saitou respected but, much like Kenshin's route through life, ultimately another compatriot who lost his life back then even if it was due to disease. As such, both Saitou and the psychotic half of Kenshin end up men effectively displaced in time, the warrior with no fulfilling role in a time of peace. Okita himself isn't quite forgotten though as there's a character based on him come the Kyoto arc, not so much the personality but more appearance and what if someone as skilled as Okita survived to the present day in the show.

Ah if he features as part of Saitou's backstory then I guess it's more understandable.
As for Shirugui, it's been backlogged for a while now. :lol
It has cat people !

Strike Witches Operation Victory Arrow 3

Ep was more in line with the good episodes from S2, action girl Perrine rocks, etc.
But Perrine is the worst.
Saint Seiya: The Soul of Gold 9
Siegfried-samaaaaaaa

They're adding some hilarious stuff to the og Asgard saga.

Also, taking cues from Omega, they killed
Lyfia.
I cri evritiem.

Saint Seiya: The Soul of Gold 10

010075jqpd0.jpg

What a twist.
I'm such a Saint Seiya whore that a mere Athena Exclamation with some good music is enough to get me excited.
0k4tkrdk7u5a.png
Pretty bearable ep, given the standards of this series at least.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon Super S: Episode 137:

There we are, after the black hole of suck that was the last episode this was a refreshing return to form even though it is a very Chibiusa heavy episode. Indeed this involves her interacting with an author of a fantasy book she is really into instead of her begin a jealous brat which is good. Anyway, this is the grand debut of Fish Eye as the field general and he plays up his androgyny to the hilt in order to charm this guy and I am pretty sure he already stated he was gay but I guess his cohorts must have not been paying attention but they are learning what The Kinsey Scale is. Not really much else to say about this one, mild recommendation to watch.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

Kill me Ba…

USER WAS BANNED FOR OVERUSING THIS JOKE

Man that Trigger Animator Expo short was so good, probably the best thing I've seen this week.

I love it when it's just a selfcontained short like that Bubu and Buburin thing a while back, the music videos and shorts without any closure never really click with me.

Aikatsu 12

Best episode yet. A little crazy Ichigo managed to pull all that off in so little time. I never knew I wanted to see idols with axes.

Ayumi

I feel like watching Madoka now would be embarrassingly LTTP, but it's only 12 episodes and the shorter the better (I can't stay interested long enough for stuff with more than like 20 episodes).

Do I blame Mike for whatever outcome?

(・∀・)

I feel like watching Madoka now would be embarrassingly LTTP, but it's only 12 episodes and the shorter the better (I can't stay interested long enough for stuff with more than like 20 episodes).

(・∀・)
I blame Mike for everything so hes used to it.

Mailbox

(・∀・)

This will be interesting, thats for sure :3

Cornbread78

(・∀・)

Well, when you're done Madoka, watch Barakamon to offset it, ya know, ying/yang...

phaze

Saint Seiya: We're up all night to get
Loki

That detail in his face. Based Toei. They even ruined Odin's armor with that colour switch.
0k4tkrdk7u5a.png

I imagine this nightmare will finally end with the next episode. Best paced Toei SS ever.

kierwynn

Yeah, hopefully, you have Crunchyroll on your phone, so you can watch at lunch tomm... tough spot to stop.

I'm doomed to suffer. lol I get 0 signal at work and the wifi doesn't work very well and I have been unable to connect my phone. womp

A bit late but welcome to Anime-Gaf Wynn. Hope you enjoy your stay and Stiens;Gate.

Heya Shin! Thanks for the welcome!

is this the one where they
kill the best character
and expect you to go on? Lol no I dropped it after that.

I actually found the arcs after that one to be far more interesting. My issue with the series, though, is that they try to fit all of these different story arcs into 12 episodes so none of them really get the attention that they probably deserved. It just made the pacing really odd to me, but that's just how I felt. lol

blurr

(・∀・)

Mike is a good guy with that rec

Russ T

Banned
Is Gate a good anime?

It's probably objectively bad, but subjectively it's my favorite new anime this season (or it was for the first half - it has since been eclipsed by Rokka, once it started picking up).

Or, that's what I keep saying to friends who ask about it.

Is Gate a good anime?
It's pretty fun since it does a lot of things differently from your typical fantasy harem. At least for now. It does get a bit nationalistic, as in Japan is the best, all other countries are evil scum but I mean, one watches anime for entertainment and this is all fiction, not for some sort of faithful recreation of politics and warfare lmfao.

I watched episode 1 a while back and dropped it because of what I assumed it was going to be. I was mistaken. Plus it's pretty refreshing to have a 30 something year old as a protagonist rather than some high school kid with no balls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom