• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT2| !? Love Live is not real!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Gangsta ep.12
Awe man, WTF was that ending. I mean, there was only the one battle, but why did they try to kill off
Warrick roght there? Why was he trying to protect Mr. Monroe? I know they have a good relationship, but still, he is admittedly no match for them
That was a douchebag way to end the season though. I mean, I'm not nearly as pissed as SNAFU TOO for obvious reasons, but still. Uugggh

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Gangsta ep.12
Awe man, WTF was that ending. I mean, there was only the one battle, but why did they try to kill off
Warrick roght there? Why was he trying to protect Mr. Monroe? I know they have a good relationship, but still, he is admittedly no match for them
That was a douchebag way to end the season though. I mean, I'm not nearly as pissed as SNAFU TOO for obvious reasons, but still. Uugggh

ne5W0MU.gif

Come now Nman, you have to at least admit that the main them is pretty good.
I haven't actually seen Hades Project Zeorymer

Yeah the theme is cool. It's just too bad the OVA itself is horrendous.

You know how people complained about Charlotte being a two-cour show squeezed into 12 episodes?

Hades Project Zeorymer is a one-cour show squeezed into four episodes.

Four.

It's rushed, messy, incoherent, and confusing!

I'm a generally positive person when it comes to anime, but I'd sooner rewatch Gundam 00 than watch this pile of nonsense again!

Gangsta ep.12
The thing with Gangsta is that you can just pick up the manga and call it a day. That cliffhanger? I bet it's dealt with in 2 chapters. It's very likely that this will never see a second season anyway, so you may as well just do it if you are minimally interested. With SNAFU you are screwed, because either you know Japanese and read the LN, or you have to sit and wait for a season that MAY or MAY NOT come within the next few years. Yes I'm salty af still too. These two still don't amount to the amount of salt that us not getting anymore Hyouka in any form has.

It gets better:
This one actually made me laugh. Please don't tell me that she enjoys all of this too, because that would be the cherry on top of the cake lmfao.

javac

I'm actually a little upset, I was hoping that the LE of LWA2 would come in packaging similar to the LWA1 BD but a pink amaray is fine and looks cute :)

Yeah the theme is cool. It's just too bad the OVA itself is horrendous.

You know how people complained about Charlotte being a two-cour show squeezed into 12 episodes?

Hades Project Zeorymer is a one-cour show squeezed into four episodes.

Four.

It's rushed, messy, incoherent, and confusing!

I'm a generally positive person when it comes to anime, but I'd sooner rewatch Gundam 00 than watch this pile of nonsense again!

And that's why I haven't watched it yet and likely won't.
Though I'd probably watch it for the first time before rewatching Gundam 00.

Monogatari Second Season 01-02

Okay, Hanekawa and Senjougahara have like, the weirdest relationship in this entire series. It feels like I missed something as to the reason behind Senjougahara's massive personality change. I assume it had something to do with finally coming to peace of mind and resolving her issues with Kaiki? Unless her cutting her hair was like, the actual impetus for the massive change. If so, fuck you Nisio. Goddammit. The funniest part of this change to me is that her voice is still 100% the same. As for why she is so odd around Hanekawa I have no idea. I remember before she would refer to her as Hanekawa-sama then quickly correct herself.

That shower scene was something else. In fact these entire two episodes are something else. Poor Kanbaru, I can hear her crying in the background because she wasn't here.

JulianImp

Mushi-Uta 9-12 (end)

This show was weird and interesting because of how it never forced us to listen to long expository rants, so we were surprised when the final episodes were focused on explaining so many things, and how the finale looked like a pale imitation of Evangelion.

One of the things I've got to applaud the show for is how strange it looked. There were lots of hard cuts at times I wouldn't have expected, and many scenes that would've been dragged on forever as filler in your average anime were made to take up a couple seconds at best in Mushi-Uta, which was interesting. The way none of the characters rambled on about things they probably knew already also caught my attention, even if the final episodes did have a fair bit of exposition in them.

Still, it was quite weird for me that I just couldn't get a clear theme from the show and the way it presented its narrative. The parasitic giant bugs that preyed upon the dreams of their hosts didn't feel all that important compared to Daisuke and Shiika's relationship (with Rina on the side), but ultimately none of the characters managed to be interesting enough, even if they did have several layers of complexity that made them at least mildly entertaining to watch as they interacted with each other.

Another big shock for me was how secondary characters were kept as truly secondary, disappearing from the narrative altogether for extended periods of time. The way Daisuke's rival and her team only showed up once, how Centi basically stopped existing after the park incident, or how the same thing happened to Rina's friend after she also had her insect killed, how teh mosquito and snail-wielding hosts never did anything at all, or even how Rina's classmates suddenly decided to begin avoiding her on the second-to-last episode (maybe because people found out that she was a host and the leader of the resistance?). The lack of focus given to the side characters was a big letdown, and it wasn't like the show managed to give any interesting development to the three main characters, either.

While I'd certainly commend it for doing a couple things I haven't seen other animes do, I don't think that was enough to save it from being just a mediocre show in general.

Mailbox

How about Anna?

From Shimoneta? Maybe. I'd like it to be a character from next season, but if all else fails, i wouldn't mind making a crazy anna chibi drawing

It's just a less hardcore version of 50 Shades of Gray, but with vampires. It's not like you need to understand everything that doesn't pander to you!

yeah, but instead of 1 psychopathic asshole, its 6.

This one actually made me laugh. Please don't tell me that she enjoys all of this too, because that would be the cherry on top of the cake lmfao.

No, she is very clear about how much she doesn't want it to happen. It is very clearly rape and psychological abuse. She is not a masochist in this show.

i hope A Corpse is Buried Under Sakurako's Feet (terrible english name for an anime; horribly unmarketable) ends up being good.

Arabesque

I like how Trigger didn't even send out a notice that they were shipping the BDs out.

I guess they thought this was enough?

With the digital contents finished, physical rewards are literally moments away from being shipped! The majority of the shipment will most likely be made by end of this month, but we have backers located globally so please expect some time differences on arrival, and hold on tight!

It's still a bit annoying to have it delivered without a proper notice, but I guess they wanted to be a nice surprise, maybe.

Surprised in Sept 2015 people still dislike DiaLover. It was a great anime with one of the strongest lead female main characters in anime. Im still touched by pancake's (Yui) dedication to her faith and willingness to persever not letting her own morals be tainted by those around her. And ultimately, as a shining beacon upon a hill is able to inspire others to change. It also had the best female antagonist of that year, Cordelia who still makes me shiveru. I hope I wont be the only one watching s2.

I also hope GIFT does a wide release of the Ayato Sakamaki plush, I need him. Especially since his actual scale figure seems to be not coming soon. Odd that these two were chosen over him.
CPLcOkQU8AA-XD5.jpg

I liked every episode other than episode 8 and 9.

sure, its mostly prequel stuffs, but i enjoyed it. Especially the megu-nee episode.

I do loved how the anime really fleshed out Megu Nee and
Taroumaru, especially since the latter only existed in the manga for like a few pages.
I think the anime is a decent complement to the manga but by itself it was pretty mediocre.

blurr

Monogatari Second Season 01-02

Okay, Hanekawa and Senjougahara have like, the weirdest relationship in this entire series. It feels like I missed something as to the reason behind Senjougahara's massive personality change. I assume it had something to do with finally coming to peace of mind and resolving her issues with Kaiki? Unless her cutting her hair was like, the actual impetus for the massive change. If so, fuck you Nisio. Goddammit. The funniest part of this change to me is that her voice is still 100% the same. As for why she is so odd around Hanekawa I have no idea. I remember before she would refer to her as Hanekawa-sama then quickly correct herself.

That shower scene was something else. In fact these entire two episodes are something else. Poor Kanbaru, I can hear her crying in the background because she wasn't here.

Yea, long hair Gahara ftw

Also agreed, their relationship in that episode feel like we missed out on something but damn, those two episodes were really good regardless.

Arabesque

But for real, I wish they had sent some notification in a separate update. I'm now going to be worried they might send my package to my old address lol

Guess I'll find out in a few days from now if my old neighbors will be having a nice surprise as well.

Gakkou Gurashi Ep1-9(marathon)

Holy fuck. The feels.
I didn't expect this to pluck at heart strings so well. The Megu-nee centric episodes had me in tears.

Finished up Gakkou Gurashi.
They jammed a lot of stuff into the last two episodes, they should of removed all the fan service from episode 9 and added there. That said, tears were shed, I hope they do another season of it. It would be nice to see where the characters now that hey have all had these major revelations.

Did Miki see Zombie Kei walking to school at the end? That was a really odd timing.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Finished up Gakkou Gurashi.
They jammed a lot of stuff into the last two episodes, they should of removed all the fan service from episode 9 and added there. That said, tears were shed, I hope they do another season of it. It would be nice to see where the characters now that hey have all had these major revelations.

Did Miki see Zombie Kei walking to school at the end? That was a really odd timing.
The whole point of that is to emphasize the whole "living" theme... seemed a bit convenient to me, but I don't mind.

That's fucking impossible.😑

Tokyo Ghoul Root A gave us this disgusting shit. Spoilers http://i.imgur.com/5j2fz7i.jpg

Gangsta's ending can't be that terrible especially compared to Root A.

No, I'm legit serious.

If you don't have an interest in Gangsta, go watch the last episode.

Watch, next week, people are going to be tweeting to Funimation, asking where the new episode of Gangsta is.

Gangsta ends with one of the main characters bleeding out, another saying how pointless it all is, and NOTHING in the current arc resolved.

No, I'm legit serious.

Watch, next week, people are going to be tweeting to Funimation, asking where the new episode of Gangsta is.

Gangsta ends with one of the main characters bleeding out, another saying how pointless it all is, and NOTHING in the current arc resolved.

I'd argue that's as bad as Root A's ending considering the latter had the MC walk for 10 mins and literally skip an entire fight.

Such a pity though for Gangsta because damn would it suck just for a Anime only watcher.

Sterok

Aikatsu 152

And so season 3 ends. Kind of low key compared to the last 2 season finales. Time for a trip. I'm really curious as to how this is going to work out. Are the Starlight students going to stick around somehow? Multiple plotlines? Overdose of Luminas + new characters they pick up on the way? And how is Akari going to continue her weather job? So many questions. Well, it sure will be interesting. This show does need a shake-up. In the mean time, season 3 finally got a performance with more than 3 people in it. Lol at Rin's backflip. No 8 idol dances this season. That was kind of a let down.

So, season 3 was more Aikatsu, but with a new cast. Akari... was better when she sucked honestly. Not that she was bad here, but she's mostly just following in Ichigo's footsteps at this point. Her differentiating points like the weather job were her better moments, so hopefully they don't continue to have Akari follow the same beats like what happened in the Christmas episode. Still, she was a solid protagonist overall.

Sumire took time to grow on me, but grow she did. She's more laid back and reserved, but she knows how to get a job done. Positive reading was a nice spin on fortune telling. She also got a lot of the best dances. Tarte Tatin, Tutu Ballerina, and Emerald Magic are all up there as some of the best songs/dances in the show.

Hinaki is what you get if you throw Aoi, Ran, Otome, and Kaede in a blender and takes elements from all of them. She was cool at first, but like all pop idols something was missing from her. It felt like all her development happened in the past, and while she did struggle she never really showed it. Strong first impression without much to back it up aside from her relationship with Juri.

Juri was cool. Certainly managed better than Shion. I wasn't fond of her posing stuff, but she was fairly dynamic outside of that. Unfortunately aside from the vampire special the dramas were kind of weak this time. Better luck next time. Chica x Chica was amazing though in both forms.

Rin came strong and never let up. Her dancing really helped her stand out, and that nervous yet strong personality of hers worked really well for her. Plus she got to be in the best unit. Probably my favorite idol of the season from her into to the end. It's always the cool type idols.

Madoka on the other hand was eh. Just really bland and vanilla for the most part. Oh she had some good moments of being a bitch in sheep's clothing, but it was really subtle and inconsequential. Otherwise she just sort of put me to sleep. Doesn't help that she's the third person to use Angely Sugar (which is only an okay brand), even if Akari switched to Dreamy Crown early on. And Skips was terrible.

Miyabi and Kokone were alright for what they were. Meant to be around for a few weeks, then bugger off. Miyabi definitely made good use of her limited screen-time. Going against Sakura did her good. Kokone, like Hinaki, made a strong first impression, but she didn't have much to back it up after that. Pity. And the less said about poor Yuu, the better. She can't even count on getting the Shion treatment.

The old cast was used sparsely, but well. Soleil, and Ichigo in particular, made waves whenever they appeared. Ichigo was basically the new Mizuki, except less annoying since she's not screwing other people on half-baked whims. Aoi was great as always, and there were a couple hints pointing towards her possible future. Ran just showed up in group moments, but she did well with what she had.

Yurika had her moments, but she got less attention than I thought she would, seeing how Sumire is basically following in her footsteps. I'm sad they never got on stage together. She even got into Aikatsu 8 for no particular reason (which we never saw, lame). Still, she fared better than her partners. Kaede basically didn't exist aside from that one episode where she wanted to relive the time she was relevant. And Mizuki couldn't even get little cameos here and there, though since she sucks I don't really care.

Powa Puri was the real winner this season. Otome didn't get a bunch of spotlight like last season, but she had a lot of small cameos here and there that added up. Sakura got some decent development, multiple performances, became the queen she was destined to be, and overall took advantage of being one year younger than the others. Shion was the true victor, somehow looking even better than last season by finally getting a dance in glorious season 3 CG. She's gone from minor character who got some focus to a consistently reoccurring character to someone who got to be on the big stage. If she keeps this up she'll be the main character in six seasons.

Orihime and Johnny were their usual selves. Johnny got a bunch of backstory, which was cool. Naoto became prominent again, becoming an official adviser instead of an unpaid one. Cooking guy was boring though. And I don't know why Dreamy Crown guy got so much attention. Not particularly interesting, like all designers. Poor DreAca might as well have not existed.

Overall, I think it's slightly better than season 2, but not as good as season 1. Aside from Madoka (who wasn't that bad) there were no real duds among the main idols. There was definite improvement to be seen. The CG dances were amazing, and I have no idea how they can get any better from here on out. There was a lack of drama compared to the first two seasons. Sure there was some uncertainty and stuff, but no real big emotional or nail-biting moments. Which isn't necessarily bad, seeing how the show is called Idol Activities, but some of that would've been nice for the lesser developed characters. Well, I'm still enjoying it, so here's to hoping season 4 remains as good.

I've been getting really annoyed lately, seeing some anime I'd like to watch(Rokka for example) only to find out it's based on some damn unfinished light novel or something.

I'm tired of this shit, animewasamistakenothingbuttrash.gif

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
No, I'm legit serious.

Sounds better than anything else that show has done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom