• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT2| !? Love Live is not real!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is the Actually, I Am, finale the final Summer episode for all the series left at this point? When does the first fall episode air, tomorrow? We should be getting all the streaming releases today, right?

Aside from delayed stuff like Idolm@ster we still have some shows on Tuesday (Overlord and I think Sore ga Seiyu) and Ninja Slayer on Thursday, I'm probably missing something else though

- Owarimonogatari
(Territories: North America, Central America, South America, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand.)
Streaming Dates: Saturdays at 9:30 a.m., starting on October 3 at 10:00 a.m. PST

Wow RIP Continental Europe

e_i

Aside from delayed stuff like Idolm@ster we still have some shows on Tuesday (Overlord and I think Sore ga Seiyu) and Ninja Slayer on Thursday, I'm probably missing something else though

Wow RIP Continental Europe

There's another episode of Sore ga Seiyu? *Checks ANN* Oh there is. Last week's episode felt like an ending.

Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V Episode 74 & 75

CP_0z8jWoAERRgl.png

Soon, Dennis v Kurosaki duel was a fantastic one. I hope for more hunting games even soon.

guess the friendship cup is over, will we ever finish a tourney?

So one of the illustrators for Overlord apparently likes to draw other characters from other series, and some of them look pretty cool.

There was one in particular I thought you guys would like.

B3ijeVPCIAEC_QD.jpg

More can be seen here. (He also drew a Predator.)

In the case that Comet Lucifer falls short of my expectations (I just want a mecha that's at least half-decent!), I took a gander at Concrete Revolutio. Its plot sounded pretty interesting. Not too original, but something good can still come out of it.

At least that's what I thought, then I took a look at the staff.

The director did these:
2n4ND1l.png

And the script writer did this:
b6Tzmvt.png

If we're lucky this will end up being like the first season of 00 and not the second one.

And at least this doesn't have the distinction of being attached to a fantastic mecha anime for this show to ruin.

Aikatsu! 02-08

I am actually stunned at myself at how much I am enjoying this show. Almost wished I had started watching it when it had first came out. I am in love with the current OP and ED.

Sölf

Reading the Yona manga reminds me how much I miss that show. And it still has so much more content to adapt, they could do another 2 cour. ;___;

Busaiku

The last few episodes of Noragami are filler right?
Can't seem to remember this character. Potential comic-only spoilers -
I don't remember Yato's dad looking like that, but my memory sucks.

Wondering about Yona of the Dawn. What does it mainly focus on? Romance, politics, fighting, boobies? Just to get an idea of whether I should give it a watch or not.

Wondering about Yona of the Dawn. What does it mainly focus on? Romance, politics, fighting, boobies? Just to get an idea of whether I should give it a watch or not.

Very little fanservice of the female type, and not that much of the male type, unless you count most of the men being hunks fanservice.

The anime was mostly an adventure, with action and politics taking a backseat to character development.

Cornbread78

Vengeance, action, politics, death, no romance yet, but we'll see what happens if/when we get a second season.

Definitely worth a watch.

e_i

Ah, motherfucker!

Dear backers,
We would like to make an urgent update regarding shipping status for $100 pledge and higher rewards. We are aware that the shipment is currently lacking the physical copy of the artbook, and would like to apologize for any confusions we may have caused. We are currently working with our logistics to have the artbook shipped out as soon as possible, and we will make another announcement once the procedure has been finished.

Our sincerest apologies,
TRIGGER

blurr

Gakkou Gurashi 12

It's far from perfect but it had its moments. This episode in particular had a lot of moving scenes albeit I felt it needed a little more build up to be more effective.

The show pretty much implied it but I guess
the zombies returned because they still are their previous selves in a deep subconscious level but they are outwardly flesh eating monsters.

Overall this has been a good watch, it was something I looked forward to every week, even more than NNBR (yea, I said that). The juxtaposition of two contrasting genre(
slice of life and horror
) was really amusing to watch. Moe moments were some of the best I've seen,
horror segments had really great atmosphere and were really intense
. Yuki is hands down my favorite character, I did hear that the manga does a better job at presenting the story but I'm pretty sure I'd really miss Yuki's adorable voice. It also tackled a less talked about subject as far as
a zombie apocalypse is concerned
, i.e. the psychological condition of people, the school club initiative was one thing which led them live normal lives and accept the situation as it is as opposed to sitting and living in despair, realistically it may be impractical but the idea itself isn't flawed. Yuki's delusion helped them cope with their current situation, this seemed like the others were retaining their sanity feeding off Yuki, sort of a symbiotic relationship between the others and Yuki. They did seem to delve into this aspect with the story but in the end she just regained her sanity abruptly and got a hold of the situation, while that sounds outrageous I'm honestly okay with that. I can't say I'm happy about it though.

Very little fanservice of the female type, and not that much of the male type, unless you count most of the men being hunks fanservice.

The anime was mostly an adventure, with action and politics taking a backseat to character development.
Hunky dudes or bishounen dude are totally fanservice. It is just fanserivce to a different fan. Yona is a 'reverse harem'.

Hunky dudes or bishounen dude are totally fanservice. It is just fanserivce to a different fan. Yona is a 'reverse harem'.

Oh, I agree, it's fanservice in what it's aiming to do.

But I would argue there's a difference between the fanservice of bishy guys, and the fanservice of busty women.

When I think of the definition of fanservice, I tend to think of the latter, rather than the former.

Though if you're open minded enough, you can enjoy both...

So is the Actually, I Am, finale the final Summer episode for all the series left at this point? When does the first fall episode air, tomorrow? We should be getting all the streaming releases today, right?

Idolmaster CG will be finishing on the 9th of October, that will probably be the latest show.

I thought this was already confirmed.

Pffft, who needs a test?

lonely

Danger Mouse
Fall is off to a good start. Definitely aimed at an older audience with plenty of satire and fourth wall jokes. Only real negative is the lazy photoshopped backgrounds in a few scenes.

Sölf

I bought the available manga and a friend just told me that chapter 39 wasn't animated. God, so good. <3

Will probably just read them as they release. Volume 7 is already available and goes up to chapter 57 and the anime ended at 59 or something. I also still have the Arpeggio of Blue Steel manga here. I know the anime is different, do you know when the anime and manga split?

Sölf;180179878 said:
I bought the available manga and a friend just told me that chapter 39 wasn't animated. God, so good. <3

Will probably just read them as they release. Volume 7 is already available and goes up to chapter 57 and the anime ended at 59 or something. I also still have the Arpeggio of Blue Steel manga here. I know the anime is different, do you know when the anime and manga split?

Chapter 59. More accurately its end, where an important scene that was cut appears.

Pillow Boys 12 END

Why did I do this? Thank God I made it through this without someone coming out of the screen and smothering me with a pillow like The Ring because it felt like that was going to happen any second

Monogatari Second Season 03

a472.gif

Hmmmmmm.
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

I am not yet sold on this hair. I can get over the others but this Hanekawa/Kanbaru reversal isn't kosher.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Pillow Boys 12 END

Why did I do this? Thank God I made it through this without someone coming out of the screen and smothering me with a pillow like The Ring because it felt like that was going to happen any second

Monogatari Second Season 03

http://images.says.com/uploads/story_source/source_image/411109/a472.gif

Hmmmmmm.
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

I am not yet sold on this hair. I can get over the others but this Hanekawa/Kanbaru reversal isn't kosher.
a) why did you watch all 12 episodes?

b) short > long. no exceptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom