• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT2| !? Love Live is not real!

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

The LWA2 Making Of feature is pretty solid. 45 minutes long, covers quite a bit of stuff but mostly in the animation production phase. You get to see Yoshinari drawing the storyboards and talking about some script to storyboard challenges. You also get to see Kaneko painting on the actual storyboards to give each scene color keys, while he explains the art direction process. They then show a number of animation sequences which were corrected by Yoshinari and they explain the subtle changes he made to character motion, there are short interviews with a number of the young animators who worked on the project, and they have good coverage of the final day of production where everyone is rushing, including the production assistants who have to drive to another studio to collect completed stuff they outsourced. It's like a live action episode of Shirobako! :D

Crocodile

The LWA2 Making Of feature is pretty solid. 45 minutes long, covers quite a bit of stuff but mostly in the animation production phase. You get to see Yoshinari drawing the storyboards and talking about some script to storyboard challenges. You also get to see Kaneko painting on the actual storyboards to give each scene color keys, while he explains the art direction process. They then show a number of animation sequences which were corrected by Yoshinari and they explain the subtle changes he made to character motion, there are short interviews with a number of the young animators who worked on the project, and they have good coverage of the final day of production where everyone is rushing, including the production assistants who have to drive to another studio to collect completed stuff they outsourced. It's like a live action episode of Shirobako! :D

Does this come with the $50 reward or did you have to pledge for a higher reward to get this?

duckroll

Does this come with the $50 reward or did you have to pledge for a higher reward to get this?

It's part of the blu-ray so I think it should be part of the $50 reward, unless they actually pressed two different discs?

Let's see what the official Kickstarter page says...

-The Standard edition of the Blu-ray will be receiving an audio commentary and a making of Little Witch Academia 2 documentary.

-The Limited edition of the Blu-ray will be receiving an Original Sound Track and a Gengasyu (Line art collection book)

Hmmm... I don't see an audio commentary track at all. Yet another thing Trigger forgot about? Lol.

javac

I'm just miffed that its an amaray, doesn't really go well with the LWA1 BD. May I ask, did the parcel require a signature and was it well packed?

duckroll

I'm just miffed that its an amaray, doesn't really go well with the LWA1 BD. May I ask, did the parcel require a signature and was it well packed?

Required a signature since it was shipped via EMS. Package was pretty tight with good consideration for the size and shape of the contents. The genga sheet is in a clear plastic folder, the book and the BD were stacked nicely and in bubble wrap. It was shipped in a slim cardboard box, and not stuffed in a paper envelope. I have zero complaints there. I think Good Smile Company handled all the packaging and shipment.

TUSR

Banned
GSC handled the distribution of LWA2?

Thats good to hear, last time I ordered from Trigger I received a bent art book.

javac

Required a signature since it was shipped via EMS. Package was pretty tight with good consideration for the size and shape of the contents. The genga sheet is in a clear plastic folder, the book and the BD were stacked nicely and in bubble wrap. It was shipped in a slim cardboard box, and not stuffed in a paper envelope. I have zero complaints there. I think Good Smile Company handled all the packaging and shipment.

Sounds great, thanks for the info! I look forward to receiving my copy, I still haven't seen it yet so I can't wait to check it out! :) Hopefully I get a good douga!

EDIT: Saw this pic on twitter, looks to be the standard edition, is that the illusive art-book by its side?
4iV7h1r.jpg

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon Super S: Episode 144

You know, it is very telling jut how wretched this season has actually been when a beach episode is one of the highlights. This mainly due to the fact that this series remember that the Sailor Guardian exists and maybe some time should be spent with them. Indeed, this is actually a focus episode on Ami where she actually get some character development beyond the usual dream of becoming a doctor. Indeed the best part of this episode is when she talks about her love life or lack thereof, as she is conflicted on the matter. Also, shockingly religious given that she apparently believes in predestination. Still, she does not know who the man of her dreams is and she wonders if she would toss the dream of a doctor for that of becoming a housewife. I will credit the episode here, this is the of aspiration that in the wrong hands would come across as rather sexist but here is done rather well. She yearns for a active family home life since she grew up the child of single parent and is an only child and thus has lacked that experience. Oh and they also dragged Shingo out of mothballs for some very odd ship teasing that nobody asked for and indeed will go nowhere. Strong recommendation to watch.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon Super S: Episode 145

I am really starting to see one of the other reasons why this season is so despised, I think we are about 20 or so episodes into the season and nothing major has changed. We have had a few minor alterations include an upgrade that has been so pointless that I barely remember it happening. This episode is actually a bit more inspired and spirited then the typical random person of randomness episode but seriously it is another one of these in a seemingly endless parade of them. Also points for skipping the villain preamble for once and not have the victim be a pledged friend that we never see again. Mild recommendation to watch.

Sölf

I just relealized that the first ED compilation from Ninja Slayer has already been released. <3<3<3
Since nearly 2 months ago. Whoops. xD

Sölf

This stuff about Gangsta is depressing me :(

I'm watching the Broadcast Dub and up to episode 7, it's been pretty damn good.

The show IS great. Even the final episode is great. What's not great about it is that it is the final episode. It's just in the middle of I don't know how many unresolved plotlines and it will probably never get a second season. >_>

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Ore monogatari end
Pribably the sweetest rimance anime for this season. Takeo and Rinko relationship progressing at snail pace, but each progress look so darn cute. Suna being the best bro also help with this series comedy and drama. That part where Suna dad admitted in the hospital is so darn great.

DiGiKerot

Required a signature since it was shipped via EMS. Package was pretty tight with good consideration for the size and shape of the contents.

Ah, butt. I'll look forward to getting it in about a month, then!

What tier did the genga come with, anyway? I'm completely blanking on that being on the tier list...

duckroll

Huh, EMS is super quick. It takes about 2 days more of the time. Both the douga (not genga, my mistake) frame and the genga booklet comes with the LE which was I think $100 tier and above.

Cornbread78

Sölf;180152477 said:
The show IS great. Even the final episode is great. What's not great about it is that it is the final episode. It's just in the middle of I don't know how many unresolved plotlines and it will probably never get a second season. >_>

Well, the final episode explained nothing, and had no closure to it at all. It was like filming the 30 seconds prior to dropping off a waterfall in a big wooden barrel, but stopping the tape 30 seconds before you reach the edge of the fall. I enjoyed the show, but it literally just ends and they didn't even try at closing anything out. I'm just glad I had no emotional investment in it other than the fact Warrick and Nick were pretty good leads.

Ore monogatari end
Pribably the sweetest rimance anime for this season. Takeo and Rinko relationship progressing at snail pace, but each progress look so darn cute. Suna being the best bro also help with this series comedy and drama. That part where Suna dad admitted in the hospital is so darn great.

I was impressed at the bromance/romance balance from the first episode on. The show was excellent...

DiGiKerot

Huh, EMS is super quick. It takes about 2 days more of the time. Both the douga (not genga, my mistake) frame and the genga booklet comes with the LE which was I think $100 tier and above.

EMS is super-quick into the UK, then the local mail system sporadically occasionally decides to sit on the shipment for... the worst case I can personally remember having on a shipment from Japan was about two and a half weeks sitting there not being shown to Customs. It's super annoying.

Oh, I apparently backed at the $300 tier for some inexplicable reason. Guess I'll look forward to getting a key frame of a candle or something!

Sölf

Well, the final episode explained nothing, and had no closure to it at all. It was like filming the 30 seconds prior to dropping off a waterfall in a big wooden barrel, but stopping the tape 30 seconds before you reach the edge of the fall. I enjoyed the show, but it literally just ends and they didn't even try at closing anything out. I'm just glad I had no emotional investment in it other than the fact Warrick and Nick were pretty good leads.

Well, looking at the manga, it ends with volume 5 (chapter 28). And there are only 39 chapters so far. It would probably have been better if they just cut off before the flashback at episode 9 or 10 or what it was. Would have been a better point to stop the series.

duckroll

EMS is super-quick into the UK, then the local mail system sporadically occasionally decides to sit on the shipment for... the worst case I can personally remember having on a shipment from Japan was about two and a half weeks sitting there not being shown to Customs. It's super annoying.

Oh, I apparently backed at the $300 tier for some inexplicable reason. Guess I'll look forward to getting a key frame of a candle or something!

Oooooooh. My condolences. The local post system handing EMS here is super efficient. :(

Cornbread78

Sölf;180156162 said:
Well, looking at the manga, it ends with volume 5 (chapter 28). And there are only 39 chapters so far. It would probably have been better if they just cut off before the flashback at episode 9 or 10 or what it was. Would have been a better point to stop the series.

probably. These "Go read the manga" endings are dirty business though. Very frustrating...

Sakura

Just about finished Strike the Blood.
Why did they decide to end the series on a non-canon spin off arc? A little disappointing...
Overall there was a little too much fanservice for me. The appeal of the whole 'suck my blood senpai' is lost on me.

kewlmyc

probably. These "Go read the manga" endings are dirty business though. Very frustrating...

Sadly, "go read the source material" endings are getting more and more prevalent with the amount of anime that are just advertisements for other things. Not all adaptions do this though, or at least hide it better. Yamada and the Seven Witches and Ore Monogatari both have ongoing manga, but found pretty finite places to end the anime at, giving them good endings. As for LN adaptions, I can't remember the last LN adaption to have a satisfying ending.

Lain

Lupin III Avventura Italiana 14

The episode itself was nice with some links to past seasons because of the jailbreaks, but this Italian worldwide premiere couldn't have been handled worse if they tried.

Sölf

Sadly, "go read the source material" endings are getting more and more prevalent with the amount of anime that are just advertisements for other things. Not all adaptions do this though, or at least hide it better. Yamada and the Seven Witches and Ore Monogatari both have ongoing manga, but found pretty finite places to end the anime at, giving them good endings. As for LN adaptions, I can't remember the last LN adaption to have a satisfying ending.

Just looking at this season, Soma, Arslan and most likely also Overlord will have such an ending. But Soma and Arslan both at least are at a part which could be considered something like an ending. But Gangsta? God.

hamchan

Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun was one of the better comedies I've seen in years. Binged it all on in a day. Joining the wait for the next season now, whenever they have enough manga material to make it.

Somehow Ace of Diamond became World Trigger today, CR has been getting sloppy as these types of things are happening in every anime across the board now.
CP_bahrWsAAECi3.jpg

Ace of the Diamond Second Season Episode 26

Mei and Itsuki part was the best. Glad this anime isnt forgetting about teams that havent been playing in this fall tournament.

Cornbread78

So is the Actually, I Am, finale the final Summer episode for all the series left at this point? When does the first fall episode air, tomorrow? We should be getting all the streaming releases today, right?

Is the below list complete to what has been announced so far?

Crunchyroll
- Diabolik Lovers More,Blood (Territories: TBA; Streaming Dates: Thursdays, starting on October 1 at 11:30 a.m. PST.)

- Komori-san wa Kotowarenai! (Komori-san Can't Decline)
(Territories: Worldwide excluding Asia; Streaming Dates: TBA)

- Lance N' Masques
(Territories: TBA; Streaming Dates: Thursdays, starting on October 1 at 11:30 a.m. PST.)

- Owarimonogatari
(Territories: North America, Central America, South America, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand.)
Streaming Dates: Saturdays at 9:30 a.m., starting on October 3 at 10:00 a.m. PST.

- Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru (A Corpse is Buried Under Sakurako's Feet.)
(Territories: North America, Central America, South America, United Kingdom, Ireland, and South Africa; Streaming Dates: Wednesdays, starting on October 7 at 10:00 a.m. PST.)

- Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider
(Territories: TBA; Streaming Dates: TBA)

FUNimation (NA):
-Hidan no Aria AA (Aria the Scarlet Ammo Double A)
-Noragami Aragoto
-Owari no Seraph: Nagoya Kessen-hen (Seraph of the End: Battle in Nagoya)

Daisuki (Japan)
- Concrete Revolutio (Concrete Revolutio ~A Superhuman Fantasy~)
- One Punch Man

Viewster (United Kingdom)
- K: Return of Kings

Anime Digital Network (France)
- Heavy Object
Streaming Dates: Fridays, starting on October 2.
- K: Return of Kings
Streaming Dates: Fridays, starting on October 2.

Wakanim (France)
-Comet Lucifer
-Gakusen Toshi Asterisk (The Asterisk War: The Academy City on the Water)
-Owari no Seraph: Nagoya Kessen-hen (Seraph of the End: Battle in Nagoya)
-Shingeki! Kyojin Chuugakkou (Attack on Titan: Junior High)

DiGiKerot

Hopefully they marked the items down on the package, otherwise I'll be paying import duty for LWA2 :(

Contrary to my above pessimism, I am hearing about UK folks getting theirs today (via Parcel Force), without charges attached. May well still depend on the tier you backed on and how much stuff is in the box you are receiving, but, hey, let's be slightly optimistic :)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Contrary to my above pessimism, I am hearing about UK folks getting theirs today (via Parcel Force), without charges attached. May well still depend on the tier you backed on and how much stuff is in the box you are receiving, but, hey, let's be slightly optimistic :)

EMS for the UK without charges?

Is such a thing even a possibility?

Russ T

Banned
That's fucking impossible.&#55357;&#56849;

Tokyo Ghoul Root A gave us this disgusting shit. Spoilers http://i.imgur.com/5j2fz7i.jpg

Gangsta's ending can't be that terrible especially compared to Root A. This can't be true.

Okay I had heard that the ending for root-A was different from the manga but I never bothered to investigate.

What the fuck?

I guess I'm going to read the manga.

Daisuki has One Punch Man? Ugh...

Oh, damnit... Do they actually do HD streaming? Do I have to pay?

Man I'm fine with competition and all, theoretically, but I really just wish everything was available in one place.

Man I'm fine with competition and all, theoretically, but I really just wish everything was available in one place.

Its Free and in HD. Though I always have issues with their media player. just load up some random episode 1 of M3, Kurobas, or God Eater on it to see if the player works well for you.

It says that it's Japan though, I don't think we can assume that it's also in the west (unless I missed something)

Daisuki is pretty good though, HD if you make a free account and I haven't had too many issues with it.

kewlmyc

It says that it's Japan though, I don't think we can assume that it's also in the west (unless I missed something)

Daisuki is pretty good though, HD if you make a free account and I haven't had too many issues with it.

If God Eater is anything to go by, Crunchyroll with also get One Punch Man, but 4 weeks behind Daisuki.

My problem with Daisuki is that their player sucks. At least it's free unlike Funimation.

akileese

I was impressed at the bromance/romance balance from the first episode on. The show was excellent...

I knew there was a problem with the final episode when I looked at the time and realized "oh shit. there's only 2 minutes left and there are about 40 unresolved plot lines". I don't even get it. The rest of the season was amazing but good god what a terrible way to end the season.

edit: Am I the only one not really that excited for the Fall 2015 lineup? I can only find about four or five shows that actually intrigue me and out of those, I'll probably drop out of most of them. This summer my fiance and I alone watched four (I watched another 3). It just seems pretty meh this fall.

Viz and the company that runs Daisuki jointly announced the One Punch Man anime license in their press release this summer, they mention it alot in the PR.

Though viz could put it on Hulu like they did their anime simulcasts in the past, but some werent in HD.

Viz and the company that runs Daisuki jointly announced the One Punch Man anime license in their press release this summer, they mention it alot in the PR.

Though viz could put it on Hulu like they did their anime simulcasts in the past, but some werent in HD.

Oh that's nice to hear, I hope the same goes for Concrete Revolutio.

I'll see if it's actually going to be available in Europe though, seems like Daisuki still region locks some stuff, Working!!! for example (although I could watch that one on Viewster)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom