• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Lesson's next girl is a Spoiled Princess archetype - Release Date December 12

9d3ae020ecdada9da527870034e33fa9cc880aeb_hq.jpg
Happy mom of two kids.

Yes her Loli look is actually a medical disease in the series.

The actual mechanics and purpose of the game is completely innocent. If it came out in the US it could have been an E rating.

If someone wants to ogle the girls in this game I guess they could, like in any other game. It really wasn't what I was thinking when I was playing. It's a unique VR experience and in the end I found it pleasant enough to play through twice. I think I was only able to help her get a B in the end though. =(
Then I'm getting conflicting reports about this being a dating sim.

IGN TGS 2016: ROMANCE IN VR IS AS WEIRD AS YOU THINK IT IS
"I would have liked to have seen how the actual tutoring works, but we all know that’s not really the point of this game.

When she asked me a question, I almost answered her out loud. The longer demo was quite immersive, and I felt like I was getting to know Hikari. Still, it’s not the type of romance I’d want or encourage, especially in real life, but I would like to see more of the VR games take on life experiences and feature a growing relationship."

I picked up the Korean version with English subtitles but haven't had the time to set up my PSVR for it. I wonder if this DLC will be released for the Korean version also?

Vlaphor

They should make a Starless VR game, where your goal is to escape the family after being hired to "tutor" them.

Whoops, dove right in. Time for Marisa's morning cleaning....in VR!

Ok, parts of that game squick even me the hell out. VR Penis Guillotine--VR Toilet Ending...so on and so forth.

Then I'm getting conflicting reports about this being a dating sim.

IGN TGS 2016: ROMANCE IN VR IS AS WEIRD AS YOU THINK IT IS
"I would have liked to have seen how the actual tutoring works, but we all know that’s not really the point of this game.

When she asked me a question, I almost answered her out loud. The longer demo was quite immersive, and I felt like I was getting to know Hikari. Still, it’s not the type of romance I’d want or encourage, especially in real life, but I would like to see more of the VR games take on life experiences and feature a growing relationship."
Well just remember that IGN and the like purposefully try to make their stories as sensational as possible to get more eyes on the page and more ad revenue. I can safely tell you (having played the first game twice) there is no romantic relationship there.

Shadio

I picked up the Korean version with English subtitles but haven't had the time to set up my PSVR for it. I wonder if this DLC will be released for the Korean version also?

It's not DLC, it's a separate game like the Allison Snow version.

But even that one hasn't left Japan yet.
The first game's English-subtitled release was announced 4.5 months after the Japanese release. So if they keep up that pace, we should hear about any potential English translation of the second game in November, and the third game in May.

Although they released the DLC and moved onto the next one much faster this time, so maybe the first game just didn't do well enough for the others to follow.

Well just remember that IGN and the like purposefully try to make their stories as sensational as possible to get more eyes on the page and more ad revenue. I can safely tell you (having played the first game twice) there is no romantic relationship there.
Thanks, good to hear.

Skwerl

am I the only person here who is bothered by the fact how flat the environment lighting looks? Makes me wonder if it is possible to bake in lights in unreal engine, and if so why they havent done that yet....

Top Bottom