• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset Overdrive Coming To PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeaviL

Banned
They should make it so that, owning an XBone game on pc will give you ownership of the XBone version.
Then when actual exclusives are made you already own a ton of Bone games already.

Uiki

17n6HLa.png

Battlefield 4 - also on Origin.

40k on the only other fps choice beside csgo on pc at the moment.

Yeah, pretty much near dead.

timlot

Banned
Windows 10 should make things interesting once Windows PC and Xbox One converge. It will make Xbox One basically a $400 PC with the ability to use Windows Apps but with a t.v. focused interface and media capabilities. Should make future port begging interesting.
R1WlHLW.jpg

kpaadet

He's saying that backwards compatibility isn't an issue on PC and that you can essentially play older games in higher fidelity as time goes on, getting rid of the need for HD remasters that you have to rebuy.

EDIT: Also, Insomniac has never made a PC game before(unlike Crytek and Capcom), which I think makes this port a lot less likely.

And prior to Fuse Insomniac never made a game for Xbox, obviously Insomniac is trying out new platforms at the moment. And being 2nd party for Sony in the past never gave them the option of making a PC port.

Windows 10 should make things interesting once Windows PC and Xbox One converge. It will make Xbox One basically a $400 PC with the ability to use Windows Apps but with a t.v. focused interface and media capabilities. Should make future port begging interesting.
R1WlHLW.jpg

Huh, I did not know that. I guess that makes sense from MS perspective given how fractured all their divisions are.

They should make it so that, owning an XBone game on pc will give you ownership of the XBone version.
Then when actual exclusives are made you already own a ton of Bone games already.

That could actually make me buy an Xbox One.

Cross buy is pretty nice.

But knowing Microsoft, that will never happen.

Mr Lakitu

Banned
R1WlHLW.jpg

Dx12 will help with the xbone ports... It will be more or less seamless im hoping

R1WlHLW.jpg

To be honest, I think Microsoft missed an opportunity with Xbox One. Basically, I think they should've merged Xbox and Windows since the begining of Xbox One. And lack of backward compatibility was a good opportunity to do so. Basically, making Xbox One a 400 dollars entry PC, prebuilt, with Windows, capable of playing Steam games and games from Xbox Store.

LAA

Grg, they better confirm it soon then if its the case. I'd rather cancel the X1 pre order and play this on PC if/when it comes.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
HappeningBunker.jpg?

Waiting for Phantom Dust's eventual announcement that it goes PC. I'd scream like a girl for a few days if that happened.

Nzyme32

You sure? Bear in mind for reference, this is only Steam and only Saturday, which doesn't see the peak user numbers anyway, try again later today:

rVTp8e6.png

Qassim

But if you compare it to Titanfall numbers, and BF4 stats back in May of this year (before there was much on the PS4/XB1 either), it's actually doing reasonably well.

May 2014
bf4stats.png

Also, there are at least two other FPS games on Steam currently in the top 10 most played, ARMA 3 at near 40k players, TF2 at 80k players (peak 100k today). Payday 2 is also currently at 60k but that isn't as consistent, there is a sale on currently.

Mr Lakitu

Banned
To be honest, I think Microsoft missed an opportunity with Xbox One. Basically, I think they should've merged Xbox and Windows since the begining of Xbox One. And lack of backward compatibility was a good opportunity to do so. Basically, making Xbox One a 400 dollars entry PC, prebuilt, with Windows, capable of playing Steam games and games from Xbox Store.

Dx12 and windows 10 puts everything on a level playing field... Its too messy to do it all now

Plus they want to give as many incentives to people for upgrading to windows 10

-MD-

Battlefield 4 - also on Origin.

12 year old franchise.

So you're changing your argument now? It isn't because of Origin it is because it isn't a recognised franchise?

No, go read my previous post.

Are you going to try and argue that if the game wasn't put on Steam the servers wouldn't fill up? It's a new IP not a decade+ old series, being exclusive to a platform loads of people refuse to even install doesn't help it is what I'm saying. Anyways, we're going off topic so let's leave it alone.

dr_rus

R1WlHLW.jpg

That's far from a proper PC though.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

LOL. Yeah, okay... no. You're forgetting BF4 has been out for a year and like typical "yearly FPS releases" it bleeds. But that retention is stronger than most other FPS releases. That's like Halo 3 console numbers. If not slightly below it for the same life-span.

There's also other FPS titles on Steam that--yeah, someone posted the "Top 10," TF2 and the like. For being "Origin only" having nearly the same numbers as Arma 3 isn't terrible.

UrbanRats

R1WlHLW.jpg

Where would that image be from? Or is it another joke post?

Qassim

12 year old franchise.

So you're changing your argument now? It isn't because of Origin it is because it isn't a recognised franchise?

I'm saying using Origin as an argument for reasons why people aren't playing it isn't a valid one, because plenty of people play other games on Origin.

Seanspeed

Banned
That was the thread I was gonna make that I was talking about earlier. :p

KAL2006

Banned
I'm hoping many Xbox One games end up on PC as I am not planning to get a Xbox One. Wasn't Masterchief Collection also supposed to be on Steam?

timlot

Banned

They get licensing fee on games with Xbox that they wouldn't get on the PC unless its in their app store. They could change the licensing with Windows 10 software, but they would recieve major push back so I highly doubt it.

Kezen

Banned

I'm saying using Origin as an argument for reasons why people aren't playing it isn't a valid one, because plenty of people play other games on Origin.

Titanfall has not been marketed much on PC, I think that's the reason.
I don't know how profitable it has been on PC though, the number of players alone is not enough to call it a bomb.

scitek

I'd wait until jstevenson is awake to see if he comes and debunks this or not. With a couple of Insomniac posters here, if they don't do that, I think something might be up.

ekim

R1WlHLW.jpg

Just imagine steam running on the console. :eek:

It was not "outright denied" right?

Something something, we are focused on the xb1 blah balh.
I'd wait until jstevenson is awake to see if he comes and debunks this or not. With a couple of Insomniac posters here, if they don't do that, I think something might be up.

As much as I like when devs post here you cannot expect them to answer truthfully or completely regarding their own content at times. It is the nature of being involved in production, you can only say so much for fear of losing customers.

Nevadatan

honestly i cannot see myself opening origin to play any game but just Battlefield.

KAL2006

Banned

That's is a decent idea. They should have released it alongside the new DirectX. Then they should have re-released Games for Windows and make all games cross compatible. Basically copy Steam except restrict games to being only compatible with Xbox One controller as you don't want Keyboard and Mouse players destroying console players on shooters.

Kayant

R1WlHLW.jpg

I like how the first link when you reverse search it links to Mistermediax's twitter loool.
It's from MS's earning call apparently

I doubt they will allow most windows apps to work on XB1 but the Universal apps. DX12 will help with the development side of things for gaming.

Edit - beaten again :(

Silky

Banned
As someone who's planning to buy sunset overdrive and an Xbox one, I think that Microsoft should wait at least a year before putting out the PC version. that way sunset overdrive Xbox one version can settle on its own and hopefully build sales or something.

but mostly I don't really care.

Phantom dust however I would pay top dollar if it was on PC I would like fucking quadruple dip that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom