• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset Overdrive Gameplay Footage [Up: Official Trailer released!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mucudadada

Insomniac Games
What the hell does your username mean?

What is a Full Moon Show?

Is it 60fps?

- It's a long story that involved 7th grade me and Final Fantasy XI
- It's an Insomniac podcast that used to be pretty regular, but has slowed down.
- Can't answer this one, haha. Sorry.

Gbraga

- It's a long story that involved 7th grade me and Final Fantasy XI
- It's an Insomniac podcast that used to be pretty regular, but has slowed down.
- Can't answer this one, haha. Sorry.

Interesting, didn't know about that, will certainly listen to it if it does indeed come out.

Please use a female character when showing the game at E3.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Interesting, didn't know about that, will certainly listen to it if it does indeed come out.

Please use a female character when showing the game at E3.

you won't see a female character in the campaign demo, but there will be female characters playable at e3.

the podcast will come back once the set-up is working again, waiting on a new box. will happen

m23

you won't see a female character in the campaign demo, but there will be female characters playable at e3.

the podcast will come back once the set-up is working again, waiting on a new box. will happen

So there will be a campaign demo at MS press conference huh :)

Gbraga

The melee question in the latest Sunset TV made it sound like melee combat was restricted to just basic presses instead of complex combos.

That was to be expected though, wasn't it? It's an open world, traversal focused shooter.

Not that shooters can't have more complex melee options, just look at RE6, but I don't think something that complex would work on such a fast paced game with so much verticality.

Not that I think the melee in Sunset Overdrive is anything to write home about, but I can't see it being any other way. The amps will probably make it more interesting to use in creative ways than just pressing a button to kill people though.

Personally, if I was to say what is something I'm concerned about it'd be the enemy variety. Not that I expect it to be just the ones they showed, of course, but still, it's an open world game, so enemy variety isn't really something I'd expect to be good only because of this. So the whole traversal, weapon variety and style meter thing is definitely huge, since, if I'm correct about enemy variety, all the fun in combat will come from this.

I really need to get my hands on it >_>

It looks fantastic and it brings something new. I wish I had a Xbox One for this game...

I feel your pain >_<

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
if you're in LA and not going to E3, we're having an event the Wednesday night of E3 week at the Microsoft store where you can come play it

Besides Hover:RoG, this is the only game I've truly been hyped for in what feels like forever. I'm going to get an Xbox One just for this. I have faith, Insomniac!

Bummed that the melee combat is simplistic.

The melee isn't completely shallow, there is definitely some depth to it but that depth comes more from when and where you use it, how you use it, and what melee amps you are using (and how effectively you are taking advantage of what those amps do). The philosophy behind it is similar to the philosophy behind the traversal controls; in traversal, doing any single move is simple and easy, but the skill and mastery come from how well you can chain a lot of them together, plan your routes and execute them, etc. Similarly for the melee, performing it is easy but the mastery will come from recognizing when it will give you an advantage vs when it will get you killed.

klodeckel

Banned
It begins.

QGmJ9zd.jpg

Sunset Overdrive billboard in Downtown LA - all ready for some E3 action!
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...083.1073741828.199684200181482&type=1&theater

Gbraga

I'm not going to E3 or near LA, give me something, Insomniac!

Ive told Aaron Greenberg on twitter at least twice that if he doesnt push QB and SO hard I will be coming for him.

He responded too, so he obviously saw it and will be acting accordingly.

No-one wants to piss off Fizzie and Sam Lake.
Or Steve-"the butcher"-rulez

For some reason I read QB as Quick Look and now I really want a Giant Bomb Quick Look on this.

Yup, definitely a good sign to see MS pushing the boat out a little with this title.

Let's hope it extends to Quantum Break too...

Ive told Aaron Greenberg on twitter at least twice that if he doesnt push QB and SO hard I will be coming for him.

He responded too, so he obviously saw it and will be acting accordingly.

No-one wants to piss off Fizzie and Sam Lake.
Or Steve-"the butcher"-rulez

Filaipus

Banned
Both competitive and cooperative would be great but if I had to choose I would prefer a PVP instead of co-op.

Another thing, will there be difficulty settings? Have they talked about that?

Wozman23

Are you saying Sony marketing wasn't as good?

Resistance 3 was one of the greatest shooters of all time - a return to form with old-school inspiration and a brilliant campaign. Despite critical praise it was sent to die, and it took the entire franchises hopes and dreams down with it.

Resistance 3 was one of the greatest shooters of all time - a return to form with old-school inspiration and a brilliant campaign. Despite critical praise it was sent to die, and it took the entire franchises hopes and dreams down with it.

I thought all 3 Resistance games were great. My favorite PS series, it sucks so much that they never got the push behind them that they deserved.

hawk2025

Not being allowed to mention the framerate bums me out.

It's ok if it's 30. There's nothing wrong with that, and plenty of other devs are saying their game is 30, even ones coming out after SO.

If you can plaster your avatar in powerpuff tattoos then GOTY right there!
It's good to see a dev and publisher having fun with an IP, hope it turns out shiny for all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom