• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset Overdrive in next months EDGE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always was gonna get shown pre-E3. We just didn't know exactly when so it's been fluid.

We have tons of good stuff for E3 too though

Probably answered already, but I was wondering since you guys probably have all sorts of crazy and/or interesting design ideas for this game if you will do any kind of extensive behind the scenes stuff so fans can see how it all came together?

Looking forward to gameplay footage most. Please tell me before E3, jstevenson. :)

It's confirmed to be shown before E3. In fact, some have implied next week.

Edit: No, gameplay isn't what's confirmed for next week, but major info on the game apparently is. I hope gameplay is included too, however. :)

It's confirmed to be shown before E3. In fact, some have implied next week.

Edit: No, gameplay isn't what's confirmed for next week, but major info on the game apparently is. I hope gameplay is included too, however. :)

I expect it to be similar to how Halo 4 had that Gameinformer cover a month or two before a gameplay reveal at E3. I agree though, sooner would be better!

Lynq

Banned
Wut.

Dev says "Hey, our game is definitely not forgettable" and you're losing your **** like it's the announcement of Half Life 3 :D

Kaako

Felium Defensor
No doubt in my mind the game will look gorgeous in screens but it could really shine in actual gameplay footage. Insomniac are wizards with this art style and I want to see the game animate/flow fluidly. It must. :)

UrbanRats

Not the box art. Same guys who made that, ilovedust, made our box art tho (though don't expect minimalism- still really good art tho!). You'll see it soon

Fuck minimalism!

in22tdYJVq8i3.jpg

Minimalism isn't the go-to answer for every product, even though some seem to think so.
In this case, a game that looks like one with an overcharged, hyper active punk-pop flavor, should need an appropriate, schizophrenic cover, not a classy minimalist one.

Not the box art. Same guys who made that, ilovedust, made our box art tho (though don't expect minimalism- still really good art tho!). You'll see it soon

Oh man that's disappointing. Love that art. You guys should make it a reverse print on the inside of the cover sleeve so those wanting to reverse it can do so.

Anyway, super excited for the upcoming info.

Lol, that is awesome.

It's weird. Too much adult emotion in small kids is creepy.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
ilu J and the studio, but people are going gaga over nothing.

Still the only thing on XBO that looks interesting for me personally, so I hope it'll be great.
I really hope I can check it out at E3 this year.

I'd say any adult acting like this at a sports game is temporary resorting to his most primal instincts, basically acting like a child.

I don't know. Just knowing that the kid is picking up expressive cues from the audience and mimicking it so realistically without know why is off putting. It's like the demon of a drunk college frat bro has taken up residence inside the child.

I don't know. Just knowing that the kid is picking up expressive cues from the audience and mimicking it so realistically without know why is off putting. It's like the demon of a drunk college frat bro has taken up residence inside the child.

The ladie's reaction next to him is absolutely priceless. It's the perfect compliment to the kid's celebration lol.

JaggedSac

Yeah, it is weird, lol. But it is awesome.

EGM1966

It would be so ironic if this turns out to be good. I hope so for Insomniac but it would be just like them to deliver a good game after changing sides from last gen only to find they're again backing the company in second place battling to catch up.

Still - despite FUSE and their wobbles with Resistance and some R&C titles I overall like most of the stuff they've produced and hope they deliver here. The art style and approach seem interesting anyway although I would like to know more about the core game.

Fuck minimalism!

in22tdYJVq8i3.jpg

Minimalism isn't the go-to answer for every product, even though some seem to think so.
In this case, a game that looks like one with an overcharged, hyper active punk-pop flavor, should need an appropriate, schizophrenic cover, not a classy minimalist one.

Oh yeah.

us20ps220cover0cjrx.jpg

It would be so ironic if this turns out to be good. I hope so for Insomniac but it would be just like them to deliver a good game after changing sides from last gen only to find they're again backing the company in second place battling to catch up.

So what? Do you think that would somehow make them feel bad? If a game is a great success, and they made it under their own terms (including keeping the IP), I don't think they would mind, just as I don't think Naughty Dog or TGC were losing much sleep over the fact they were developing for the platform in the third place.

Still - despite FUSE and their wobbles with Resistance and some R&C titles I overall like most of the stuff they've produced and hope they deliver here. The art style and approach seem interesting anyway although I would like to know more about the core game.

Ugh, the thread had to be stained with the console wars. :)

For some reason I feel insomniac wouldn't have made a game like this if they stuck with Sony. This just looks like an Xbox exclusive.

So hyped for this. I've loved most of Insomniac's games (excluding Fuse lol). Resistance 3 is my jam, and the Ratchet series is awesome as well. I'm in.

For some reason I feel insomniac wouldn't have made a game like this if they stuck with Sony. This just looks like an Xbox exclusive.
WTF? Okay lol if you say so.

RulkezX

So despite the majority of their last gen output.

Bring on the delicious screens! I am now convinced the B-team at Insomniac Burbank handled Fuse and the A-team has been working on SO since Resistance 3 shipped.

This makes no sense. What does an Xbox exclusive look like exactly?

Insomniac were able to make this game because they had an idea and found someone to publish the game without taking IP ownership of the title (i.e. Microsoft), so Insomniac can use the IP however they see fit.

Right lol. Some peeps have the weirdest goddamn critiques....

It's called shifting the goal post

Creating negatives or hypothetical situations and rules to suit your own logic/agenda

•One rule for one but not the other

•Yes but....

•lol

•Persecution Complex

•Dat salt

•No it doesn't look better. I'm right and that's the end of it. Forget opinions.

•(Insert game title) Says hi

I think it's hilarious personally.

Fuck minimalism!

in22tdYJVq8i3.jpg

Exactly. That cover is tight.

Also excited to hear more about this game, best of wishes to the developers.

You may not be ready for some of the soul-crushing fanboy jokage this sort of comment inevitably brings.

Not from myself, personally. But others will surely do it.

What does that even mean? The game looks very along the lines of what Insomniac does.

I was thinking that Sony would have rather had them continue producing resistance and ratchet games. What other games did they put out for Sony other than these two franchises the past couple gens. What I'm basically saying is would Sony have supported this new IP or did they have to go ms to get it done.

I was thinking that Sony would have rather had them continue producing resistance and ratchet games. What other games did they put out for Sony other than these two franchises the past couple gens. What I'm basically saying is would Sony have supported this new IP or did they have to go ms to get it done.

I'm sure they said they will continue working with Sony, Clank is a popular series for them, I'd be shocked if there wasn't a PS4 version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom