• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends |OT19| Three-Fifths of a Thread

To be fair, there's a difference between "skipping E3" and "skipping a conference" and I would get Matt's frustration, but lord i dont want to drag that in any further.

To be fair, there's a difference between "skipping E3" and "skipping a conference" and I would get Matt's frustration, but lord i dont want to drag that in any further.

There absolutely is a difference and he should have made the clarification or asked Woolie to rather than his first reaction of putting a pissy tone on. That sort of fanboyism never makes for good listening and just makes him less likely to be taken serious in Nintendo discussions in the same way Pat's hateboner does.

Jintor

i only tolerate pat's hissyfits because he's pat and it's good listening to hear him be angry about things he has no real reason for having ridiculously implacable opinions about

Moaradin

Nier: Automata spoilercast was a bit disappointing. They barely actually talk about the story at all. Lot of time spent on random tangents and fumbling to explain info that's not in the game, and most of it isn't even that relevant.

Anung

Un Rama
Has Matt always been such a little bitch over Nintendo?

Nier: Automata spoilercast was a bit disappointing. They barely actually talk about the story at all. Lot of time spent on random tangents and fumbling to explain info that's not in the game, and most of it isn't even that relevant.

That's a shame. I was really looking forward to hearing Clemps guest. Boy knows his Nier.

A Direct with the new Headlines format and another Treehouse is more preferable to me than a conference. If they have that, I don't see how they are "skipping E3"

That sucks I have only been able to listen to the first hour of the podcast. I was really looking forward to the spoilercast. Oh well I hope they can bring Clemps on again because I really like that guy.

I forgot all about downloading the podcast to hear the Nier spoilercast. Guess I'll be doing that this afternoon. I imagine speculation Pat doesn't make for the conversation about it. If Liam had still been part the crew it'd probably be different.

Has Matt always been such a little bitch over Nintendo?

Well he did get banned on GAF over it. It's my only real gripe with him.

Pat was right

This isnt an LP, this is stage play.

Matt and Woolie Perform Night in the Woods.

I want them to do voice acting for more games.

I still want the Persona 5 LP where instead of showing content beyond the embargo date they just act it all out on camera.

Why the fuck would Atlus keep up the stream embargo permanently? Goddamn idiotic japanese companies. Especially when they aren't even really enforcing it, but the threat of it is just enough to keep people from not doing it.

Fat4all

Banned
Why the fuck would Atlus keep up the stream embargo permanently? Goddamn idiotic japanese companies. Especially when they aren't even really enforcing it, but the threat of it is just enough to keep people from not doing it.

motherfucking bakas

sick motherfucking goddamn bakas

tumblr_mndqanOxHc1rqyatto1_500.png

I have to say, I'm glad they decided to LP Night in the Woods. It's really sold me on the game, and guaranteed that I'm going to buy it at some point in the near future.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
There's no way this doesn't end up being a massive trainwreck.

Like, I'm fully expecting a Pat vs Rich shouting match, at the very least.

2YStiRO.png

Exodust

Banned
PreRec and their strange videogame opinions and Gamer dweebs SBFP on one podcast has the makings of a disaster.

Hopefully it happens.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Like seriously, the idea of PreRec, the guys who said "People like Bayonetta more than her game", on the same podcast as Matt, Pat, and Woolie just fills me with joy.

What's bad about it? Haven't gotten to it yet.

So far all they have talked about is extremely minor things that don't matter and talk about minor gameplay things. In the spoilercast?

Shouldve done it like Waypoint's spoilercast where they actually talk about the meat of the story. Like I don't think these two are actually prepared to talk about something like this, like video game discourse isn't prepared to actually talk about something like this.

Like I don't want to sound smug and patronizing and come off as saying that Automata is some masterpiece of critical thinking but I will say that its up there with games like Silent Hill 2, Planescape Torment, or games that have interesting things about them/around them like EVE Online or Alpha Centauri and that the way they are going about this spoilercast isn't the way I want to hear someone talk about this game.

I want thinkpieces, but they are going about it like they usually do talking about Guardians of the Galaxy 2 (which I really liked) and not attempting to take a peek beyond the surface level of the game - which is pretty typical for video game focused podcasts I think.

Also they are focusing WAY too much on outside material like novellas and plays and who gives a shit?

giphy.gif

here you go fuckers

I feel like this vid deserves its own thread.
I won't because the mods will probably disagree, but still...

I mean Jimquisition and Angry Joe get their own threads whenever fans post it. Hell there was a thread on some youtuber who uses a muppet to talk about nintendo games. Go for it.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
So i just started that DS DlC stream and jesus fucking christ thise annoying notification bings. Watching this is like chinese water torture. Please tell me woolie fixes.it eventually cause fuck

Top Bottom