• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends |OT19| Three-Fifths of a Thread

I was laughing my ass off during that moment in the podcast, then I laughed even more later when I found out the SmashReddit were getting salty over it.

I like Melee, and I want Pat to shit on them forever, especially when he is right.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
So tonight's video isn't up, but the title card is on the website and... I don't think anyone saw
L A Noire
coming.

Edit: Up on the site

Moaradin

Pretty unexpected, but a great choice. Never finished the game myself so I guess I'll just watch the rest of it this way lol.

I know they felt like they had to have the driving because it's GTA engine and their gameplay content is actually sort of sparse, but I really, really hated driving around in that game.

Fat4all

Banned
I know they felt like they had to have the driving because it's GTA engine and their gameplay content is actually sort of sparse, but I really, really hated driving around in that game.

I liked driving for the chases and the like, but I usually got bored with driving from place to place.

So for most of the game I'd just make my partner drive (hold triangle) and skip going from scene to scene.

I'd only drive around a bit at the start of cases to get calls for side quests and the like.

Oh my god watching Woolie play this is going to fucking kill me.

"Make a right here"

Woolie:
giphy.gif

Gestahl

I stopped playing after the first real case since the actual gameplay was pretty sparse and every time I had to make a dialogue choice Phelps would do or say something insane and erratic that would fuck everything up

Moose Biscuits

It would be extreamly painful...
I got midway through Noire but had to give it back to my friend and never finished it. I'll happily watch the rest.

Also Pat getting mad at Melee is beautiful. The Melee scene in general seems like a pit.

Exodust

Banned
L.A. Noire was great. While I didn't like how some choices went in directions I completely didn't want(Question should not be yell and be antagonistic) but there hasn't been a detective game like it since and I love 40's LA as a setting.

Too bad Team Bondi never got to work on something else.

I always thought the progression of the crime desks was kind of backwards.
Homicide was the best part of the game and should have been the ending.
Also Cole Phelps is a giant prick, a wet blanket and a potential psychopath with all his random outbursts of screaming at the slightest thing during an interrogation.

One episode in and already Woolie is picking up everything and driving like a maniac. I love it.

I stopped playing after the first real case since the actual gameplay was pretty sparse and every time I had to make a dialogue choice Phelps would do or say something insane and erratic that would fuck everything up

"Hmm, this wife whose husband just died isn't being completely honest with me...
(X->Doubt)

COLE: "Woman, I will punch you straight in the uterus and then take a belt to your Jew children if you don't stop lying to me about why you murdered your husband!"

"Jesus Fucking Christ, Cole, I just wanted to find out why she has mud on her shoes!"

Pat: "There's no collectibles of any kind."
Matt: "There is but you only find them in the crime scenes"

Pat's crazy talk was momentarily corrected only to be taken over by Matt's crazy talk. I'm surprised they don't remember the silly ass golden film reels scattered across the map which scream,"We need to pad out content in the open world FAST."

But their overall sentiment is true, there's absolutely nothing of actual worth doing outside of the cases unless you treat the game as a virtual sightseer. It's such a damn shame, because I unironically enjoy doing some of the innocuous side activities that R* put in GTA IV/V, so to have that in a 40's real world LA setting would've been a dream. I would've totally been down to go to the cinema to see actual Warner Brothers classic films, or go play rounds of golf, or have side activities to go drinking with characters from the precinct. I dunno, something. As far as I can recall there's only one case where I felt the open world was properly justified. Outside of that the map is merely a huge ass, expensive waste of time and resources.

Anywho, really looking forward to the rest of the LP and to their reactions of Cole flipping his shit unnecessarily.

Pat: "There's no collectibles of any kind."
Matt: "There is but you only find them in the crime scenes"

Pat's crazy talk was momentarily corrected only to be taken over by Matt's crazy talk. I'm surprised they don't remember the silly ass golden film reels scattered across the map which scream,"We need to pad out content in the open world FAST."

But their overall sentiment is true, there's absolutely nothing of actual worth doing outside of the cases unless you treat the game as a virtual sightseer. It's such a damn shame, because I unironically enjoy doing some of the innocuous side activities that R* put in GTA IV/V, so to have that in a 40's real world LA setting would've been a dream. I would've totally been down to go to the cinema to see actual Warner Brothers classic films, or go play rounds of golf, or have side activities to go drinking with characters from the precinct. I dunno, something. As far as I can recall there's only one case where I felt the open world was properly justified. Outside of that the map is merely a huge ass, expensive waste of time and resources.

Anywho, really looking forward to the rest of the LP and to their reactions of Cole flipping his shit unnecessarily.

Whether it was Crazy Talk or not its for the best, since if Woolie knew there were some kind of collectables he would waste so much time looking for them just like DS...

I have a feeling that Pat is going to miss a certain pants stealing sidequest with a character he will freak out about in Yakzua 0 because it's starting point is at the end of a street he hasn't gone down once.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
theyll post it on youtube, right? I tried to watch from the beginning but you have to be a subscriber

Im sure. Bummed i cant watch then(too lazy to use the token or whatever) ive been holding off on the dlc waiting for them to play it. So im excited to see what in it.

Yeah. My only gripe is Pat trivializing the first boss by summoning two NPCs on his very first attempt blind instead of trying it out solo first.

NPCs are only really very useful on the non-boss boss fight. These bosses all have absurd amounts of health (three bars for the first), huge amounts of mobility, and lots of big AoE attacks that they don't even really aim.

I guess it's fun to get that frantic feeling of being outnumbered on the first boss, but in terms of raw utility, the summons aren't very good.

Top Bottom