• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends |OT19| Three-Fifths of a Thread

Village

He seems like a decent dude outside of his content and he used to make some actually interesting and unique stuff before he turned into a streamer. Now, he's the epitome of everything that's wrong with streamers and streamer culture. It's basically just an endless stream of "dance monkey dance", fake hype, and pandering to the audience/thanking/begging them for money. Full time streaming in general is pretty gross by its nature, and he's definitely one of the more obnoxious ones.

Whoah, whoah. You are legit strait up laying,
most of the stream isn't dancing
He strait up doesn't do shit he isn't into so the hype isn't fake
He doesn't beg anyone for money and actively tells people if they don't have money don't pay him
And he's thanking people because they allow him to do dope shit like the actual legit movies he makes like the fun aliens thing

I know you hate max because he shits on SFV but don't be a liar,

Max is a great guy and I used to love his content, but I definitely checked out when he became a full time streamer. The nonstop subscriber popups and readings are way too obnoxious. I mainly watched back when he did stuff like Assist Me, but now most of his youtube output is reaction videos and stream re-uploads. I respect his hustle, but it's just not for me anymore.

This a totally fine, " hey I don't like max no more, he streams that much shit going on at once isn't my thing I like put together videos with editing and shit" , fine he didn't invent lies.

Edzi

Whoah, whoah. You are legit strait up laying,
most of the stream isn't dancing
He strait up doesn't do shit he isn't into so the hype isn't fake
He doesn't beg anyone for money and actively tells people if they don't have money don't pay him
And he's thanking people because they allow him to do dope shit like the actual legit movies he makes like the fun aliens thing

I know you hate max because he shits on SFV but don't be a liar,

This a totally fine, " hey I don't like max no more, he streams that much shit going on at once isn't my thing I like put together videos with editing and shit" , fine he didn't lies.

Lol holy shit dude.

Anung

Un Rama
I'd rather have Minecraft than this. Zombie games are already boring enough, they don't need Telltale's false drama shit to make them less interesting.

This season is reeeaallly bad for that shit. Characters and plot turning on a dime for no reason.

Damn i didn't think people felt this way about Max

I'm okay with him as a person but his stream is the absolute, defining example of everything that's tacky and gross about stream culture. He makes League of Legends and PUBG streamers look classy.

RiggyRob

TWD season 1 is the best Matt + Pat LP they've done bar none, but for season 2 you could tell that they were only playing it because people asked them to/expected them to and the way the game forced Kenny on them was unbearable at points.

To be honest I'm surprised they've played so many of Telltales games considering they fell off really hard after TWD season 2. Is the writing better in season 3?

Anung

Un Rama
TWD season 1 is the best Matt + Pat LP they've done bar none, but for season 2 you could tell that they were only playing it because people asked them to/expected them to and the way the game forced Kenny on them was unbearable at points.

To be honest I'm surprised they've played so many of Telltales games considering they fell off really hard after TWD season 2. Is the writing better in season 3?

Yeah, I got back and rewatch TWD season 1 LP and it's still damn good. I don't think TWD'll ever reach those heights again. Season 3 certainly doesn't although it's a bit more even than season 2.

Call me cynical but I think they do telltale LP's even though the quality jumped off a cliff years ago is that they fill a scheduale spot, are a certain short length and are effortless to play mechanically. I guess after 3 long running LP's like NITW, Yakuza 3 and LA noire something like that makes for a nice change of pace.

BenjiGAF

I didn't mean to start a conflict 😐 like I'm sure Max is a fine person, I just think the "Reaction" OMG LOOK AT HOW HYPE I AM GUISE HYPE HYPE HYPE. Please hype

Is not a great thing. Hence my general dislike for him.

I have chuckled at Assist Me previously.

Edzi

I didn't mean to start a conflict 😐 like I'm sure Max is a fine person, I just think the "Reaction" OMG LOOK AT HOW HYPE I AM GUISE HYPE HYPE HYPE. Please hype

Is not a great thing. Hence my general dislike for him.

I have chuckled at Assist Me previously.

lol, there's no conflict, just that one guy who seems to take this as a personal attack.

tumblr_osofj0b8WW1snk40go1_540.jpg

Squiddy and Fuckface in the Morning.

Gestahl

My favorite part of that lp was everytime they said let's do this or hey this guy sucks and or is suspicious and then Kenny would immediately go "let's do this y'all" or "this guy's been drinking the kool aid" and how upset they would get everytime

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
My favorite part of that lp was everytime they said let's do this or hey this guy sucks and or is suspicious and then Kenny would immediately go "let's do this y'all" or "this guy's been drinking the kool aid" and how upset they would get everytime

In WDS2, they basically became Kenny by the end.

Strimei

I feel the start of TWD season 3 is fairly strong, especially compared to 2's, so I'm hopeful.

The Spiderman brawl game...I'm glad Woolie and Matt (and the editing) are so good because christ is that a boring as hell brawler to watch.

Strimei

Pat's tone of serious wondering on "Why do black people love menthols so much?" cracked me the hell up in LA Noire. Jesus this LP is just a gem.

zeemumu

In The Walking Dead S3, is that poker thing random or does it change with the version? Because on the steam version I told her to call and she won the hand.

Fat4all

Banned
In just a few days, 2Snacks 'Two Best Sisters Play Fallout 4' has almost gotten more views than the 2 year old Machinima original.

ShadyK54

'It's a telltale game, choices don't matter.'
makes choice that might matter
'Ugh I hate this. I hate when games do this!!'

At least in the choice of wanting to stay or leave the junkyard, that one doesn't matter lol. You run into that little group either way.

Don't remember the other choices as much.

At least in the choice of wanting to stay or leave the junkyard, that one doesn't matter lol. You run into that little group either way.

Don't remember the other choices as much.

Pat makes the choice to avoid the ambulance then spends minutes complaining about it. There may have not been anything in it but he doesn't know that and now because of his choice he never will. So his choice did matter yet they'll say it didn't.

Pat makes the choice to avoid the ambulance then spends minutes complaining about it. There may have not been anything in it but he doesn't know that and now because of his choice he never will. So his choice did matter yet they'll say it didn't.

I'd hardly call it a choice when he walks towards an area that gives no indication will "move them forward" in the story. It looks the same as the background parts of the other scenes they were walking through.

I'd hardly call it a choice when he walks towards an area that gives no indication will "move them forward" in the story. It looks the same as the background parts of the other scenes they were walking through.

He said he consciously avoided the ambulance. In a game known to throw zombie encounters at any turn that counts as a choice in my book.

I've only seen the first episode of TWD S3, but man, you can tell Telltale's recycling shit hard, because they had that fucking intro with the family at Day 1 with the dead relative. I think it was literally ripped from the beginning of TWD S2, just with some new dialog, character animations, and a few new bits here and there.

Top Bottom