• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends |OT19| Three-Fifths of a Thread

Edzi

I think Liam retweeted something a while ago

here it is

DEYj58EU0AAbqoC.jpg

DEYj58HUAAExYMK.jpg

Dont DW Me...

what does DW mean?

"Can't bother to get a job because I'd rather make money from cartoons"

Holy shit, someone punch that kid.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Not an artist, but i do write a lot and try to sell my stories to magazines and such. Sometimes you need that exposure even if its just to bulk up your bibliography. That said, always try and sell first. Always. There's a difference between giving away food during the day and at closing when you're about to toss it.

Though upon reflection, are commissions the only way artist online make money?

Though upon reflection, are commissions the only way artist online make money?

Most artist these days run through Patreon because of consistency and make sure to go to conventions. Conventions are a great way to get a name out and display your work to shitloads of eyes that might never have heard of your work before.

Half the work of being an artist online seems to be maintaining a social media presence, not unlike streaming. In fact a lot of artists I follow do regular art streams.

EXPOSURE BUCKS

Clients from Hell regularly talks about this kind of thing. This is a pitch often given to new or younger workers to get cheap or free work. It's disgusting.

Watching people open things rando strangers send them sounds like the dumbest idea on paper, yet I loved watching it when they did it.

The only other youtuber I've watched opening packages it is LGR.

FlowersisBritish

I hear Billy's almost done editing the video officially welcoming Liam to the channel.

I heard it was just that one episode of Metroid Fusion where Woolie and Matt were super lost without him with a big text overlay saying "GLAD WE NEVER HAVE TO DEAL WITH THIS ON THE CHANNEL AGAIN"

Pat's soul got abducted by Final Fantasy XIV and he's now trapped playing his spirit animal Potato Potatord the Lalafell. The rest of Best Friends Zaibatsu needed a long deserved break from his insanity so they let him remain trapped for a week before attempting to rescue him. Now though they've ran into another issue where Pat's husk of a body became possessed by Elmo who used his newly acquired thumbs to escape the apartment and was last spotted engaging in conversation with large felines at Quebec zoos. Turns out that Elmo is actually an ancient alien deity trapped on earth since pre-history. It has been jumping vessel-to-vessel before getting caught in the frail framework of a special cat. It wasn't until the conjunction of the Full Moon and Pluto illuminating a path to its home on NGC 6752 on July 8th that it could generate enough power to jump once more. Also because this moon is a special one known to Native Americans as the Full Buck Moon they require samples of freshly grown antler velvet, for some reason - they're not sure why, the script's been lost.

So yeah, this is why there's only going to be one video a day for a bit.

Matsukaze

Was trying to compare this summer's LP line-up to last summer's and it occurred to me that a certain LP began last August. I had to stop the comparisons lest my sanity slip away.

Strimei

Regarding Cat Lady, a part of me kind of doesn't like watching it, but I'm not entirely sure as to why. Its like scratching on the edge of my subconscious, something really bothers me (not so much in a bad way, more in a "this is creeping me out" sort of way). The theme music especially hit me in a weird way, like it was almost something from a nightmare I had. Not sure if I should continue, to be honest.

Was trying to compare this summer's LP line-up to last summer's and it occurred to me that a certain LP began last August. I had to stop the comparisons lest my sanity slip away.

Has it really not even been a year? Jesus, it feels like that was ages ago now. It really did suck the life out of everyone...

I strongly dislike The Cat Lady's art on a purely technical level, but I can just sort of not-really watch it since it's a junky text adventure anyway.

Disgraced

I strongly dislike The Cat Lady's art on a purely technical level, but I can just sort of not-really watch it since it's a junky text adventure anyway.
SAAAAAAAAAAME. It's the stark difference in the character and environment styles, idn't it? Saw footage of this game years ago and could never dig it.

FlowersisBritish

I like the art style a lot, but for all the reasons everyone's disliking it. From what Fat4all said, it's a horror game and there is something very offputting about the art style and I like that. Music choice though? That's.... something else.

Top Bottom