• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends |OT19| Three-Fifths of a Thread

Altairre

Oh hey, what's going on in this threa-

She's a bit horny...

nloEk55.gif

Strimei

That new frontier leader guy is dumb.

"You killed our men!"

"You fucked up Prescott!"

"Yeah well, what's done is done so nevermind that."

edit: lol
David's men killed his daughter. Whoopsie

KingKong

the animations are really, really rough. You'd think they would put a little more effort into the action scenes so it doesnt look like everyone is playacting

Strimei

The writing in this new walking dead season is the most all over the place it's ever been.

Its pretty astounding. Like I'm actually looking back favorably (a bit) on season 2 at this point already. Eesh.

Also catching up on Pyre. This music is right up my alley. God, Supergiant does music so GOOD.

edit: I had paid zero attention to this game before this point. This gameplay is not what I expected.

Xux

Some goofy shit going on at Twitch.tv/Conbravo

Matt, Woolie, special tag team guest
Liam
, and their Wonderbread protect their Mario Party 2 title from Better Woolie, Austin Creed, and others.

Strimei

Some goofy shit going on at Twitch.tv/Conbravo

Matt, Woolie, special tag team guest
Liam
, and their Wonderbread protect their Mario Party 2 title from Better Woolie, Austin Creed, and others.

Liam represents our good old boys against Austo Erupto, Takahato, and the Great Black Otako.

Are they doing it Giant Bomb Mario Party Party style (50 rounds)? Because then I may watch, since that route ends in insanity.

This Mario Party game is brutal, holy shit.

It took a while to get going, but now they are MURDERING each other on stage.

Also take note: don't try to trash talk Xavier Woods or Brennan Williams, trash talking is THEIR job, you will not win.

ShadyK54

Been itching to know if/what Matt's been teasing on his Twitter. He's been posting (what I think) looks like shots from a new intro or something. It's been bugging me because I want to know what it is so bad lol.

Fat4all

Banned
Been itching to know if/what Matt's been teasing on his Twitter. He's been posting (what I think) looks like shots from a new intro or something. It's been bugging me because I want to know what it is so bad lol.

I think that's the game he's been working on, The Takeover.

zeemumu

I'm reading through the alternate decisions to my actions throughout A New Frontier to see which ones matter and which don't, and a good chunk of the actions have a ripple effect that leads into later episodes and can actually determine whether certain characters live or die. Even those flashbacks matter

zeemumu

I'm waiting for that moment in the final episode of Walking Dead when the ripple effect of their actions throughout the game that they thought didn't matter catches up with them

My bet is on
Kate and Javi being the only ones of Javi's family to survive their playthrough.

Strimei

I love their Walking Dead playthroughs and they're not sandbagging it so it's pretty enjoyable.

As problematic as the game is, I do feel like they're giving it a better shot than season 2, but I haven't seen 2's LP in a while (time to rectify that) so I'm going off memory.

Probably helps to have a mostly new cast.

Fat4all

Banned
the sandbagging only really works when it's a bad bad Telltale game like Minecraft or GoT anyways

the moment to moment action in S3 usually keeps you invested

So, I know this comes up a lot with Walking Dead and I just want to point it out as a reminder:

Whether or not a character survives doesn't matter unless the character matters after they survive.

"Life or Death" being an automatically important distinction is one of those guttural things they use to manipulate you into ignoring the fact that there are still no narrative consequences. No one gives a shit about Gabe, they can kill him or not kill him at their leisure.

zeemumu

So, I know this comes up a lot with Walking Dead and I just want to point it out as a reminder:

Whether or not a character survives doesn't matter unless the character matters after they survive.

"Life or Death" being an automatically important distinction is one of those guttural things they use to manipulate you into ignoring the fact that there are still no narrative consequences. No one gives a shit about Gabe, they can kill him or not kill him at their leisure.

The endgame is getting to the end with as many people alive as possible. Doing this requires you to make some tough decisions like
not shooting Conrad, who can survive all the way to the end of the game if you play your cards right.

Top Bottom