• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends |OT19| Three-Fifths of a Thread

Disgraced

Dammit Woolie, why would you use a twitter poll over strawpoll. I ain't creating an account to vote.
Speaking of echo chambers, like, what a way to create one in favor of. Disregarding the reliability of random online polls to begin with, of course 90% are going to be in favor of when 99% of the voters are your super fan followers who actually catch that in their feed.

I'm pretty meh on more Salty Bet videos. At least more that same way it was presented before. Then again, I'm not hot on Fisticuffs 7/10 times.

Village

It just feels more apparent with the recent FNFs and L.A. Noire, where Matt always says "Do the dumb thing!" or "Do the dumb thing AGAIN!", while Pat and Woolie are talking about the game and letting jokes come naturally instead of forcing it. Matt's trying to announce his presence in his own channel, terrified that if he stops talking, people would forget he exists or that he's funny. Matt needs to learn that mindlessly repeating memes are only funny short term, and wear out quickly, and that he does not need to be 'funny' to be entertaining.

Thank you for summarizing that. While its one episode in,and it can grow onto its own. But I think it speaks to this that everyone eles content and commentary on their solo joints are on point and interesting, and/or they have an interesting personality and I feel like matt... lacks that.

Matt said it himself.

A.J.

Banned
You know, have Liam and Pat ever associated again after Liam left? I've seen Liam still hang out with Woolie and Mat, but never Pat.

I always saw Liam as "Woolie's friend", but that's just my own personal takeaway.
IIRC, Woolie, Matt, and Liam have worked with each other before on different games, but Pat only knows Liam through them.

Also, Pat doesn't go out to cons a lot, unlike Matt, Woolie, and Liam, so he has less chances to met up with Liam without one of them going to the other's place.

Edzi

I always saw Liam as "Woolie's friend", but that's just my own personal takeaway.

They're all "Woolie's friend(s)". Despite Matt and Pat starting the channel, all four of the guys seem to know each other through Woolie first (and according to them, Pat's involvement was more of a chance accident, since he apparently didn't even know Matt very well back then).

Slightly related, but I remember a really awkward moment early in the channels life (it was either an interview or a podcast) where Matt had to clarify that him and Pat weren't actually "best" friends. I always got the impression that Pat wasn't as close to the rest of the guys as they were to each other.

They're all "Woolie's friend(s)". Despite Matt and Pat starting the channel, all four of the guys seem to know each other through Woolie first (and according to them, Pat's involvement was more of a chance accident, since he apparently didn't even know Matt very well back then).

Slightly related, but I remember a really awkward moment early in the channels life (it was either an interview or a podcast) where Matt had to clarify that him and Pat weren't actually "best" friends. I always got the impression that Pat wasn't as close to the rest of the guys as they were to each other.

Yeah, I always took Woolie as the glue that held them/brought them together as well.

Pat seems like he's a different type of person compared to the other three (not in an insulting way), so I could see the other three being closer.

Like, we have a friend in my group of friends who fits in/is a great friend, but he's just into different things/has way different personality traits than the rest of our group has.

Matt originally asked Woolie if he wanted to do videos together. After declining he went to Pat for some reason, but it ended up being the correct choice. Woolie and Liam were probably closest because they seem to have worked together the longest. Pat didn't get a job where the other three worked, so he doesn't have history with them, but he's also a shut-in who doesn't seem to hang out outside of the occasional film. I mean he doesn't even go to cons with them (I don't blame him because cons are nothx).

The only thing gaming that really held them together (except for maybe Liam) was fitegames.

Exodust

Banned
Thank you for summarizing that. While its one episode in,and it can grow onto its own. But I think it speaks to this that everyone eles content and commentary on their solo joints are on point and interesting, and/or they have an interesting personality and I feel like matt... lacks that.

Matt said it himself.

Meh, if I'm being honest I don't like any video where they're streaming/LPing a game alone. I only watch Pat's streams when he has either Fuggins or Paige to back him up for example. They work because they have a decent dynamic(I think Matt/Pat LP's tend to be the best because they have the best dynamic) and I'm really there for a tag team instead of a solo star.

Sorry Woolie but N. American and Russian convention has the 1st floor as the ground floor. British standard sounds stupid when your 'three-story building' ends at the '2nd floor'.

zeemumu

Pat's belief that nothing in the flashbacks matter is gonna lead to
both Gabe and David getting killed.
Calling it now

I was hoping they'd choose the "I used to have Lee" choice because then Ava mentions that Lee could still be there with her in spirit, guiding her actions, and I thought it was funny because she's technically referring to the player.

Clem went to talk with Kate about the girl stuff.

After them mentioning Clem's lady problem so many times, I'm shocked they forgot so quick about why Javi would tell Clem to go talk to her.

Also - Pat's mini meltdown during the last Gabe talk in the episode sounds like when your dad gets pissed off at you after you put a hole in the drywall for the 3rd time. "GOD...FUCKING...DAMN IT..."

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Pat's belief that nothing in the flashbacks matter is gonna lead to
both Gabe and David getting killed.
Calling it now

I was hoping they'd choose the "I used to have Lee" choice because then Ava mentions that Lee could still be there with her in spirit, guiding her actions, and I thought it was funny because she's technically referring to the player.

In their defense, I missed that too. I just thought she went to get Kate, not to have. The Talk.

Coolluck

In their defense, I missed that too. I just thought she went to get Kate, not to have. The Talk.

Yeah, I honestly thought that Kate was mad about something so they were wondering why Clem would talk to her instead of Javi doing it, himself. That part makes more sense. I love the LP's of this series.

Man I thought the last episode was confusing character writing. What's with all the needless infighting?

Well, at least we know Eleanor and Tripp die for sure.

Playable Nanako discussion on the podcast?

Gimme middle school delinquent street tough (think Jotaro) Nanako. In fact, just put her in a Jotaro outfit.

Village

Pat would faint at Rich's laugh

I feel like they both laugh at higher pitches until either they both die, or they rip open space time and create a portal to earth 2. Where Allan Scott is green lantern, Jay garick is flash and David Cage is a competent developer and Kojima is a hack

I feel like they both laugh at higher pitches until either they both die, or they rip open space time and create a portal to earth 2. Where Allan Scott is green lantern, Jay garick is flash and David Cage is a competent developer and Kojima is a hack

Ever see one of those videos where someone puts two of those Talking Tom phone apps together? And eventually it's just a shrill scream by the end? (The thing that pitches your voice a half octave up.)

That would be Pat and Rich.

Village

Ever see one of those videos where someone puts two of those Talking Tom phone apps together? And eventually it's just a shrill scream by the end? (The thing that pitches your voice a half octave up.)

That would be Pat and Rich.

Basically, then they both just inhale tums and die

Exodust

Banned
I've actually started enjoying the Cat Lady LP, which I thought I wouldn't have given the first episode. Starting at part 12 out of curiosity and I'm pretty interested in it.

Disgraced

House Party had me in tears.
Maybe I'm a sicko but I really do find that game oddly impressive.

---

I am so eagerly and (im)patiently awaiting this cutscene in LA Noire. Knowing the Zaibatsu, it's probably the one newspaper they missed. (SPOIL3RZ FUCKING OBVIOUSLY!1) Cole >> Jack and Aaron Staton <3<3<3

Wait didn't Kate already give Javi this little "I want to see what happens between us" chat already in like, the hospital or something?

I thought no choice was a good play. Kinda seems arbitrary to just shoot him in the back of the head for no reason.

Disgraced

Wait didn't Kate already give Javi this little "I want to see what happens between us" chat already in like, the hospital or something?
I don't think it was that verbatim, but that conversation did seem redundant. Like... their relationship was already budding "naturally."

The discussion should've been less "Is this for real?" and more "This is for real, right?," "Yes/no," and then flat out "So what the fuck do we do about David?"

And now they're just shooting into the crowd of their own people. Yep. Definitely the way things should work in Richmond.

Like even if Joan goes on a power trip there's not a single other person in that entire group who was like "Hey uh this seems a little fucked up." Especially after all the proselytizing about how community and unity were so important.

Should've shot Joan I guess. Because literally no downside?

And now they're just shooting into the crowd of their own people. Yep. Definitely the way things should work in Richmond.

Like even if Joan goes on a power trip there's not a single other person in that entire group who was like "Hey uh this seems a little fucked up." Especially after all the proselytizing about how community and unity were so important.

Should've shot Joan I guess. Because literally no downside?

Even if they were bloodthirsty assholes fully buying into Joan's explanation, you would think at the point where she says, "They both deserve to die, but I'll let one of them live to fuck with you super hard!" the people of Richmond would be like, "Uh, wait, no if they both deserve to die we really sort of need to deal with that don't we?"

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Even if they were bloodthirsty assholes fully buying into Joan's explanation, you would think at the point where she says, "They both deserve to die, but I'll let one of them live to fuck with you super hard!" the people of Richmond would be like, "Uh, wait, no if they both deserve to die we really sort of need to deal with that don't we?"

You'd think the point she got on stage and started talking like a SUPER VILLIAN people would be like, maybe the people of Richmond might start raising eyebrows or something.

Top Bottom