• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends |OT19| Three-Fifths of a Thread

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
I don't mind the romance, it adds a layer to your choices and part of it is highschool wish fulfillment and who didn't want to find their true love (who just happened to be a hot chick) in HS?

My big gripe is why can't I fuck Yusuke? Seriously, look at him, who didn't want him to paint all over their naked bodies?

Strimei

Don't mind it myself either, generally, so long as the writing is enjoyable.

I was about to mention how Persona 4 apparently had some dub voice files for a possible Yosuke romance but realized you said Yusuke. Do hate how similar the names are...

FlowersisBritish

Don't mind it myself either, generally, so long as the writing is enjoyable.

I was about to mention how Persona 4 apparently had some dub voice files for a possible Yosuke romance but realized you said Yusuke. Do hate how similar the names are...

I actually do hate how similar names are haha. I meant Yosuke. I wouldn't want Yusuke anywhere near my virtual dick.

Still haven't touched a personas because everyone makes them sound to be both stupidly long and needlessly precise in managing your time/activities or else you'll screw something up. Which means I'd have to follow a guide to make sure I didn't f' anything up because nothing would piss me off more than to learn at hour 60 that something I did in hour 20 is going to screw up hour 90.

FlowersisBritish

Still haven't touched a personas because everyone makes them sound to be both stupidly long and needlessly precise in managing your time/activities or else you'll screw something up. Which means I'd have to follow a guide to make sure I didn't f' anything up because nothing would piss me off more than to learn at hour 60 that something I did in hour 20 is going to screw up hour 90.

I want to say it's not that bad, but that also kind describes my game of P5 haha. You don't have to be ontop of every game genre. I tried Witcher 3 and that game is too fucking long for me. On the bright side though, I'm getting a new laptop (moving from Mac to Windows) so I can play RTSs again.

Any Strategy Games you think the guys might actually make a good video for? It's the one genre they haven't touched. I'd be really into a FF Tactics game, maybe even an LP if they skipped through all the grinding.

Length isn't an issue for me so much as the ability to unknowingly f' things up and have your time wasted.

And after watching them try to play XCom I can tell strategy is just not the genre for them

Frimaire

Length isn't an issue for me so much as the ability to unknowingly f' things up and have your time wasted.

And after watching them try to play XCom I can tell strategy is just not the genre for them

This isn't actually much of a problem in Persona.
The optimal schedule/guide stuff is only if you wan to max every social link in one playthorugh, which is just for a trophy.
You can't really fuck yourself over by doing the "wrong" thing.
If you just hang out with the people you want to hang out with whenever they're available, you can get though most of them without having to plan ahead.

daevious

Persona is the exact opposite of that; many people recommend against micromanaging like that because it makes the experience far less enjoyable.

Moose Biscuits

It would be extreamly painful...
Loving the determination of Woolie and Pat with the shooting range, to earn enough points for the chance to touch Meryl's virtual tiddies.

Strimei

Who is Tom hulett and when did best friends dump on him?

Former Konami employee, producer of Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, a producing credit on Downpour, and otherwise worked on Origins, Homecoming, HD, and Book of Memories.

I recall hearing his name come up a few times in some of the SH LPs.

edit: Ok so BIlly may have made a mistake with uploads or something as both another Policenauts and a one-off (Okinawa Rush) just popped up. edit 2: Nevermind, Policenauts vanished.

Village

Plague comes off like a petulant child.

Yep

The mothers basement video didn't help where that video and plauge himself in the comments of that video suggest that the FGC is looking for something to " save fighting games" not understanding that fighting game are quite literally possibly in a better state than any other time in history. And then goes on to suggest to help fighting games they need to do this and that to appeal to more people, offering bad suggestions and not even bothering to actually ask about the state of fighting games to even see if that narrative they made up is true.

But yeah, he's a card. His opinions on steven universe are uh... " FUN" in large quotes

Fitts

Damn I love Matt's Final Fight video. The feels... tons of nostalgia. I'm going to have to replay 1-3 soon.

Rightly so, unfortunately Pat for some reason really likes Twin Perfect and lets those actual idiots colour his perceptions on the franchise, and since he's the "Silent Hill guy" that's the "official SBFP stance" on the matter.

I mean, everything after 4 is trash. (yes, even Shattered Memories that I don't get the love for -- an utter borefest) Isn't that pretty much the Twin Perfect hot take?

Anung

Un Rama
I mean, everything after 4 is trash. (yes, even Shattered Memories that I don't get the love for -- an utter borefest) Isn't that pretty much the Twin Perfect hot take?

Sounds about right. I'm sure Tom's a nice guy but sorry if I don't take what someone involved with the insulting Silent Hill HD Collection says at face value.

Edzi

Plague's entire argument is one of my least favorite arguments commonly heard online. He's angry that certain games/genres aren't catered specifically to him, and is too stubborn to back down at all. Pat was surprisingly calm and collected throughout their exchange though, which was kind of surprising.

Regarding silent hill stuff: I have no clue who twin perfect is but there is a definite dip in quality after three so if that's their stance I agree. That said I don't know enough specifics in the development to levy blame onto any individual. I'd more likely assume it is konami to blame.

As for plague stuff: he always seemed even more obnoxiously "I'm right you're wrong" than Pat. Like at least Pat you can still some the time he's just playing it as his a schtick. I get the feeling plague actually believes himself.

Matsukaze

As for plague stuff: he always seemed even more obnoxiously "I'm right you're wrong" than Pat. Like at least Pat you can still some the time he's just playing it as his a schtick. I get the feeling plague actually believes himself.
This is my take on things as well.

It's been ages since I actually looked forward to Plague's opinion on anything.

Pat used to be equally as unreasonable as Plague (if not far worse), but he's actually done a lot of growing up since he started dating Paige.

Anung

Un Rama
Lost Legacy eh? Weird seeing them do an Uncharted but LL is very lean so it shouldn't be a huge LP...plus it's excellent.

Matt did lie on the stream about it not being an LP ;)

zeemumu

Lost Legacy eh? Weird seeing them do an Uncharted but LL is very lean so it shouldn't be a huge LP...plus it's excellent.

Matt did lie on the stream about it not being an LP ;)

Who has Matt been talking to who told him to SKIP 2?! Was that the big lie?

Some real snowflakes in the comments.
421d2e4809.png

Mat-triX

I haven't seen the Uncharted video: Why are Woolie and Matt playing it? Do they like it? Are people only disliking it cause it's about two women?

The Neo-Nazis had to cancel all their rallies on account of they forgot absolutely no one likes them, so now they're back to wanking each other in YouTube comment sections.

Top Bottom