• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends |OT2| We Promise Nothing and Deliver Less

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'l a little LTTP but my vote for the new OT is |OT3| Come Come Doujin Rangers!
I feel like explaining that to newcomers and confusing the gaming side seeing us bumped would not end well, that would be a distaster in more ways than one.

That said, lol let's do it.
(Kidding)

So I'l a little LTTP but my vote for the new OT is |OT3| Come Come Doujin Rangers!

1396401706964.jpg

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Well, it ruined shooters in general by being too good. Just Re4 supposedly killed survival horror.

On that note, to prove we're all not complete wiaboos... who's everyone's favorite western dev?
Personally, I go Ed Boon. MK is far from my favorite fighting game series, but I've been playing them since childhood and I've always appreciated what he was going for.

Maybe because its early and im tired and dont want to be up right now but no one comes to mind

Maybe because its early and im tired and dont want to be up right now but no one comes to mind
Western Games always seem to be made more by companies and committees than the occasional standout creators in the Japanese industry. We talk about Kamiya like he's a person who made the game himself, nothing close to that happens in the Western Industry. That's part of the explosion of Indie over here.

I can't think of any exceptions other than Ed Boon. Maybe John Romero back in the day.

Western Games always seem to be made more by companies and committees than the occasional standout creators in the Japanese industry. We talk about Kamiya like he's a person who made the game himself, nothing close to that happens in the Western Industry. That's part of the explosion of Indie over here.

I can't think of any exceptions other than Ed Boon. Maybe John Romero back in the day.

You completely forgot about the god, John Carmack.

And Will Wright.

And John Tobias

And Tim Schafer

Archgan

I'm a fan of Edmund McMillen. Not sure how he is as a person, but his games are pretty good. I like Super Meat Boy and spent more than 100 hours in Binding of Isaac.

You completely forgot about the god, John Carmack.

And Will Wright.

And John Tobias

And Tim Schafer
Good picks, now if only they'd make me their bitch with Daikatana. Seriously though I guess I'm wrong, and Schafer is great.
I'm a fan of Edmund McMillen. Not sure how he is as a person, but his games are pretty good. I like Super Meat Boy and spent more than 100 hours in Binding of Isaac.
Good picks, I still would say he qualify as indie devs rather than Western Industry, but I guess the distinction doesn't matter. I love all those guys of course. I did a report on one of McMillien's flash games for a class, actually, the one in space with the monster.
He comes off like a cool guy in Indie Game the Movie too.

Oh western indies, lets see...
If the Witness is actually good, might have to put J Blow on my list. Braid was fantastic.
Oh and Jasper Byrne is awesome. Love that guys work.

croten

I quite like Rockstar, I love the GTA games and Red Dead Redemption was one of my favorite games
Gimmie a sequel guys!

JoJo94

Because I listened to this song today I feel like I should say this...ahem

I started as a junior a tiny little junior
Now look at me
now now look at me

That's out of my system now.

Mr.Towel

Finally finished the Persona spoilercast. In the artbook they talk about how Yosuke's entire Persona design is based around the fact that Yosuke is a fucking idiot. That's what he thinks a badass ninja looks like. It has camo on it's arms because he thinks that's what ninja's use to be sneaky.

croten

Finally finished the Persona spoilercast. In the artbook they talk about how Yosuke's entire Persona design is based around the fact that Yosuke is a fucking idiot. That's what he thinks a badass ninja looks like. It has camo on it's arms because he thinks that's what ninja's use to be sneaky.

No shut up, Jiraya is super cool

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom