• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends |OT2| We Promise Nothing and Deliver Less

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Agreed. I want to say that line is originally from Futurama but I can't remember.

I wasn't sure, so I had to look it up.

More_Than_You%27d_Think%2C_Less_Than_You%27d_Hope.png

Though I'm pretty sure they were using the line well before their Deadly Premonition LP?

Mr.Towel

I like how it turns into badass fire afro guy. What is the reasoning for that? Because that seems like a dumb evolution of a ninja.

Susan-O is a weather god, so the design is all based around fans and turbines because that's how Yosuke thinks you can control the weather, hence the blowy hair. And they both look like action figures to give the impression that Yosuke thinks his Personas are toys. If you have any interest in the Persona design stuff the Official Design Works books is a super interesting read.

Archgan

So I have a weird problem. A couple of days ago, I left my bike locked up while I was working and someone locked another bike lock to my bike. They didn't lock it to the bike rack, just along the horizontal bar of my bike. So now I have a bike lock I can't get off on my bike. I was wondering if any knew way to remove a bike lock. It is a combination and one of the cable locks.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
So I have a weird problem. A couple of days ago, I left my bike locked up while I was working and someone locked another bike lock to my bike. They didn't lock it to the bike rack, just along the horizontal bar of my bike. So now I have a bike lock I can't get off on my bike. I was wondering if any knew way to remove a bike lock. It is a combination and one of the cable locks.

Unless it's the metal U-Lock, you should just be able to cut the lock off with some tree pruners or something similar.

Mr.Towel

Sorry, I don't have a solution but that made me laugh so hard. What a stupid thing to do to someone. Some people just want to watch the world burn.

Personally the only Persona 4 persona design that doesn't make sense to me is Naoto's.
I mean, the persona is supposed to represent the identity they wish they had right? That's why Kanji has the badass tough guy one, and Yukiko has the balerina dancer bird thing, and Chie has the Bruce Lee amalgamation.
But Naoto is supposed to want to be a cool man detective... so she has a little boy/butterfly persona? Doesn't make sense to me. It seems more representative of the side she's trying to hide more than the icon she's trying to live up to.

Sucks that happened to you. What kind of person would waste a bike lock just to play a prank? Anyway, all you need is a bolt cutter so that you can cut the lock off.

JoJo94

SO the world doesn't want me to own a laptop...since they all seem to mess up on me and my parents always think it's my fault.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
They lost their shit because they'd been saying it since way before Deadly Premonition. They seemed to imply they (thought they?) made it up themselves.

Yeah, I thought so. I saw it on the wikia, and was like, I know they've been saying it way before that.

SO the world doesn't want me to own a laptop...since they all seem to mess up on me and my parents always think it's my fault.
Well usually any laptop is overpriced and has a high fail rate. They are not easy to keep up. I use external fans on a laptop with reported super high reliability and I still don't expect it to last more than a few years. Heat is destined to destroy laptops. If you have a cheap one you were doomed from the start.

That said, you can possibly fix it, what's wrong?

Rizzi

Susan-O is a weather god, so the design is all based around fans and turbines because that's how Yosuke thinks you can control the weather, hence the blowy hair. And they both look like action figures to give the impression that Yosuke thinks his Personas are toys. If you have any interest in the Persona design stuff the Official Design Works books is a super interesting read.
I hadn't thought about that. That's really cool.

JoJo94

What's wrong with your laptops?

I'm only going to speak for current ones. I had a Macbook that my mom got from work but the harddrive crashed and I couldn't use it. SHe got another one from work and that one worked for a while then the keyboard just stopped working. So I had my dad order an alienware for me as a christmas present. Skip ahead the next year the screen on it messed up for no reason, and I kept the mac with a messed up keyboard and order an external keyboard for it while I let the alienware go get fixed. When I got back home with the keyboard to the mac the battery had bloated and it ruined the touchpad so I couldn't use it. Luckily though. THe very first one with the crashed harddrive my mom kept. SO I took the hardrive out of the broken one, and put it into the other one. SO I know had a Mac and a ALienware. However after this my alienware stopped charging unless I messed with the charger a bit but today it just says it won't hold a charge anymore consider replacing it and man is it getting annoying having to deal with this luckily I brough the mac with me as back up since I figured something dumb was going to happen so I still have one it's just that all of my art stuff is on my alienware (most of it is backed up) so I can't do much of anything art related now. I have to order a new battery, and possibly charger for the alienware now, but I can't right now, and like I said it's irritating bringing it up to my parents' because as much as I love them they seem to think I break laptops too much for my own good...even though they know I don't...okay my rant is over now.

Oh and I realize this is like the biggest first world problem but man is it irritating still.

I had two small laptops before this but one just got old and the other one the charger actually melted and got stuck in it.

Well usually any laptop is overpriced and has a high fail rate. They are not easy to keep up. I use external fans on a laptop with reported super high reliability and I still don't expect it to last more than a few years. Heat is destined to destroy laptops. If you have a cheap one you were doomed from the start.

That said, you can possibly fix it, what's wrong?

just adding you in so you can see to it is fixable but god is it getting fucking stupid.

360pages

I've had this laptop for about 2 years, and had to do at least one full system reset. From things being downloaded to windows 8 being complete garbage sometimes,

Archgan

I've had this laptop for about 2 years, and had to do at least one full system reset. From things being downloaded to windows 8 being complete garbage sometimes,

Windows 8 is the worst. I hate that you can't use certain programs on the desktop and forces you to use the tile system.

I'm only going to speak for current ones. I had a Macbook that my mom got from work but the harddrive crashed and I couldn't use it. SHe got another one from work and that one worked for a while then the keyboard just stopped working.
-snip-

Sucks to hear that. Hopefully, everything works itself out. Also, just FYI, don't bother with Alienware. They're like Beats headphones as in you pay more money to get the same product you could get for cheaper. If you do ever get another laptop then go for another brand.

360pages

Windows 8 is the worst. I hate that you can't use certain programs on the desktop and forces you to use the tile system.

the reason I had to do a full system reset, was because an error happened in it, and it started over clocking my computer, making it freeze as soon as I started it. Apparently it was pretty common error, (That still hasn't been fixed) It's also why I'm not downloading 8.1 any time soon.

JoJo94

Sucks to hear that. Hopefully, everything works itself out. Also, just FYI, don't bother with Alienware. They're like Beats headphones as in you pay more money to get the same product you could get for cheaper. If you do ever get another laptop then go for another brand.

I will I got it since I expected having to use it a lot for photoshop and Illustrator and probably some 3d stuff, plus I though I was gonna game on it a decent amount but that didn't really happen. SO I most likely will get a cheaper one but I'm still keeping the alienware since it only needs a new battery.

I will I got it since I expected having to use it a lot for photoshop and Illustrator and probably some 3d stuff, plus I though I was gonna game on it a decent amount but that didn't really happen. SO I most likely will get a cheaper one but I'm still keeping the alienware since it only needs a new battery.
You can get a gaming laptop for the price of an Alienware with better hardware, is what PG means. They're very overpriced for what they are. If you or anyone else wants an Alienware, there's better alternatives.

Laptop batteries die all the time though, it's hard to escape that. Whoever revolutionizes battery tech will make a bajillion dollars on smartphones and laptops.

Oh and as far as getting a new one, ask around for help choosing it. Reviews and knowledgable laptop consumer people are your best friends.

JoJo94

You can get a gaming laptop for the price of an Alienware with better hardware, is what PG means. They're very overpriced for what they are. If you or anyone else wants an Alienware, there's better alternatives.

Laptop batteries die all the time though, it's hard to escape that. Whoever revolutionizes battery tech will make a bajillion dollars on smartphones and laptops.

Oh and as far as getting a new one, ask around for help choosing it. Reviews and knowledgable laptop consumer people are your best friends.

Yeah I think I'm more irritated about the battery thing because my screen messed up not too long ago for absolutely no reason, and I think it's close to two years that I have had it so I didn't expect it to crap out that quick. Plus I babied this thing cleaned it and changed it's diaper so I hate the fact that when I really take care of something it doesn't last long. I'll probably replace the battery when I get enough money...time to sale my body...maybe I really should start to consider doing commissions though.

Again sorry for ranting I needed to get that out. I'll go back to happy JoJo now.

Alfebit

Banned

A little late, but apparently people do this so they can come steal your bike later. They'll put their own lock on it and come back later with tools to break your lock.

Yeah I think I'm more irritated about the battery thing because my screen messed up not too long ago for absolutely no reason, and I think it's close to two years that I have had it so I didn't expect it to crap out that quick. I'll probably replace the battery when I get enough money...time to sale my body...maybe I really should start to consider doing commissions though.

Again sorry for ranting I needed to get that out. I'll go back to happy JoJo now.
Two years is about what you can expect from a laptop without problems, sadly.

Yeah I also plan to get a new laptop soon since mine is starting to become shittier by the day. There are some good laptop out there, but you need to look around and do research

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom