• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
NpGuKQ8.png

Recent Projects
Resident Evil: Revelaitons 2 (Completed)

Life Is Strange (Hiatus) (Waiting on episode release)

Game of Thrones(Hiatus) (Waiting on episode release)
Important Links

Official Website | Hub for everything Best Friends and more, including the videos Youtube hates!

Youtube Channel | Source for most full game playthroughs and the majority of Best Friends content.

Machinima Channel | Heavily cut, one-shot playthroughs for newer releases and goofy nonsense.

The hypest podcast in gaming for over a year, the Super Best Friendcast is a weekly podcast starring all the Best Friends. Each week the Zaibatsu talk about their weekly endeavors, discuss the happenings in the video game industry and other assorted pop culture nerd shit, and read questions sent in through email. What’s the email, you ask? It’s superbestfriendcast@gmail.com.
zO59xLE.png

I haven't heard of these guys before, why should I get into their stuff?
The chemistry that each member has with each other provides for genuinely funny and light hearted entertainment. Each member has their own preferences when it comes to games and such, but they all have passion to create content that they like making and that fans like taking part in. You are bound to either enjoy the company of all members or find a combo that you enjoy the most. There is plenty of content to dive into as well.

Whats the difference between the main channel and the Machinima channel?
The main Youtube channel has full playthroughs and ongoing playthroughs, as well as video features only available on that channel.

What type of games do they play?
The Best Friends play games they personally want to play along with games they feel will provide entertainment for fans. That being said, they usually don't do playthroughs of bad games just for entertainment value. If a bad or questionable game gets played, its usually part of an ongoing series. So expect games ranging from current gen to older handheld games or SNES/Genesis games.

VDKvpwT.jpg

Rx2PKGZ.png

Ongoing

Friday Night Fisticuffs | “So, this is like a new segment we wanna do, cause I wanna play fighting games.” — Pat

Cryme Tyme With Woolie and Matt | Watch Matt and Woolie plunge themselves into a forgettable era of gangster games, with muffled rap music playing in the distance.

Creepy Anime Bullshit | Turn off the lights and shut the curtains 'cause Liam and Matt are playing those weird Japanese games you don't want your friends or family to catch you watching.

Huntin’ n Killin’ with Matt & Liam | There's a shit ton of hunting and/or killing of animals in these games.

Super Best Friends Brawl | In battles of skills, salt, and ginger seeking chomp chomps, only one will prevail.

Mystery Box | A random selection of game quick looks at anything, be it good, bad, or just generally mysterious. You never know what you get till you click.

Completed

Matt and Pat's Shitstorm of Scariness | 31 horror games are played, do Matt and Pat have what it takes to escape the storm of shit?

Shitstorm 2: The Shittening | The sequel to Shitstorm of Scariness. Expect more horror, expect more shit.

Shitstorm 3: Shittribution | The third part of the Shitstorm Saga, but with a twist! A new formula has been adapted where they do 3 scary games which they have 1 week to finish. The last week continues with their one-offs.

Rustlemania | 31 Days. 31 russling games. Unlimited Benoit.

The Amazing Superfriends | The Best Friends play 31 of the best and worst (but mostly worst) superhero games out there. Expect constant shit talking of Cyclops.

Fighterpedia | Sit down friends, and listen closely, as you are about to receive fighting game knowledge.

Scrublords | When you combine fighting game fans with shitty fighting games, you start wars.

0KYcyyv.png

Plague of Gripes

Draws and animates for the Best Friends. Likes drawing buff Saiyan girls and has an encyclopedic knowledge of creepy animal sex facts. Twitter | Youtube | Tumblr

2Snacks

Draws and animates for the Best Friends. Made Pat’s obsession with ponies canon. Twitter | Youtube | DeviantART | Tumblr

CrankyConstruct

Draws and animates for the Best Friends. Makes the most kawaii 2BF art. Twitter | Youtube | DeviantART | Tumblr

y1OuXj1.png

Zaibatsupedia | The Best Friends wiki. Has tons of info and trivia.

Best Friends Zaibatsu | Fan made tumblr with fan made art, captured pics, videos, quotes, and more.

Fuck Yeah Two Best Friends Play | Another tumblr fan page similar content.

TBFStream Daily | Best Friends content is streamed on a live channel, chat with other SBF fans while watching SBF.

TV Tropes Page | Full of interesting examinations of the entire catalog of Best Friends content.

/r/TwoBestFriendsPlay | Fan subreddit. Woolie sometimes posts there. Has some Best Friend AMAs too.

njDTMRc.png

Super Best Fans | A place for fellow 2BF fans to hang out and play games, on consoles or on PC. Private message PhantomGaming for an invite to the group. Make sure to add your Steam URL to the private message.

CreeperBlocks manages a Google Doc containing a list of fellow friender's 3DS Friend Codes. If you want to join in on some online shenanigans, just add you username and 3DS FC and add the others on the list. It will occasionally update so remember to check up on it.

Hello, you might've just walked into this shitposting and be wondering, "What the fuck is this even about?" Well it's about dudes playing games and being dumb. If you'd also like to have a good time, go ahead and check them out and drop in. We like talking to people and stuff. They also do a podcast where they talk about almost everything and act like a bunch of dumbasses and have fun.

There's a few recommendations about where you can drop in in the OP. The fan animations are great highlights of series if you'd like to use that as a basis for somewhere to jump in. Some of my personal favorites are the REvil 2 LP, Downpour LP, Deadly Premonition LP, the current REvil Revelaitons 2 LP, and the yearly Shitstorm special.

Hope you enjoy yourself if you have a look and don't be afraid to come talk to us. We like to talk to people and stuff.

Ok, commence the shitposting New Thread Hype

Skrams

New thread, same old shitposting.

If you're reading these first few posts let me be the maybe not first to say the Super Best Friends are really cool. They're pretty much the Giantbomb of all the cool shit Giantbomb doesn't care about. You got your fighting games, character action games, anime bullshit, and a whole lot of other junk. If this sounds mildly interesting then check out a playthrough or the podcast. I recommend Silent Hill Downpour as a good starting place. The podcast runs like the bombcast with week roundups, news, emails, and some off tangent stuff here and there. Personally, it's my favorite content they put out and if you enjoy the bombcast then it's likely you'll enjoy it and the other content the Super Best Friends put out.

Good luck and touch the untouchable. Break the unbreakable. Row Row Fight The Powa.

New thread? I'll celebrate with my favorite thing: telling everyone my opinions!
SickWheelchairCombos' top 12 favorite games:
1. The Orange Box
Rest in no particular order
Halo MCC (For those of you whose gut just churned, remember Halo 1-3's campaigns. Remember the Arbiter. That's why it's on here.)
The Pokemon Series (Take your pick, they're all fantastic.)
The Walking Dead Season 1 (Initial experience with it was so strong it cancels any negatives surrounding it for me.)
Chrono Trigger (Of all the JRPGs in all the world, this is the one I'd pop back in my DS and play again in a fucking heartbeat.)
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Mass Effect Trilogy
(Universe and characters too strong, disappointing story conclusion notwithstanding. Garrus is my favorite fictional character.)
Resident Evil 4
Wonderful 101 and Bayo 2 both deserve this spot. So they both get it, fuck you.
Borderlands (This is the game that I think I sunk the most hours into of any game I've ever played in my life. I get vivid flashbacks whenever I hear My Name Is Jonas, Ain't No Rest For The Wicked, Human, or Say It Ain't So, because that was my xbox MP3 playlist for this game.)
Fallout: New Vegas (Most immersive game I've ever played. I lose myself in this game. In spite of all the quickloading.)
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (I spent a year trying to convince my parents to let me buy this game. They were obstinate until Christmas. I spent most of my after school time on the UESP just learning about it. By the time I started I was already an expert, and I loved it just the same. I also think it's really good, beyond the nostalgia.)

Xiraiya

I agree. Life Is Strange manages to make your choices really matter.
You really have to let go of the preconceived notions that Telltale beat into you, because while it sometimes helps in being like "Well this will probably branch out to that and so on" It generally causes you to overlook smaller things that matter and affect just as much when you expect them to do nothing or be of no consequence.

Yeah, I've noticed that, too. There were a lot of things that in a Telltale game would have just happened, and been in the past, that actually had an impact. Also, I think they're doing a way better job of changing experiences between players than my experience with Telltale. Basically, I really hope Telltale learns something from Dontnod, since they still have the advantage of not being tied to Squenix.
In Telltale you'd have like Choice A, B, C or D which leads to conclusion E, F, G or H and that's fine.

But in Life is Strange it's like:
"Okay Choice A leads to E, but if you talked to this person, it leads to E2, and if you also talked to this other person but not the first one it goes to E3, and if you looked North East at exactly 4PM on the 3rd Friday of the month when the moon was blood red and you were wearing a left sock and a right glove, go to choice E12.45"

beinfilms

Ok, page 1 posted, farewell to old thread said, and new avatar chosen. I'd say that's an S-rank mission clear, now I should probably go to bed before I get back onto Persona.

semisonic

Banned
I'm the same except I'm more :|

Why does the bad ending have so much more budget and failed potential behind it?

Also this is for you semi, if you missed it.
oh noooooooo
ehh, they aren't great, but kinda fun regardless. I don't mind em, and the music's godlike just like the rest of the game.
Fuck DKC Returns.
You take that back!
Actually, you don't have to, but the intense challenge of some of those levels is something that's not really matched outside of indies, which just don't have the polish retro games have.

Woo thread 17.

You really have to let go of the preconceived notions that Telltale beat into you, because while it sometimes helps in being like "Well this will probably branch out to that and so on" It generally causes you to overlook smaller things that matter and affect just as much when you expect them to do nothing or be of no consequence.

That's what's so great about Life Is Strange, you are allowed the powers to see and look at every mistake and choice you made or didn't make and analyze them.

There is more depth in gameplay then compared to TWD or the wolf among us that the writing being of dubious quality can be overlooked. Telltale has the writing, but Dontnod actually makes me feel consequences for making a decision, and in a game that relies on those consequences to move the plot along, I find that to be innovative story telling.

They're minor branches, from what I've seen, but the fact it acknowledges these differences with differences is really smart, adds a lot to the user exprience, and is extremely easy for them to do, it just costs slightly more VA work, and some simple usage of flags.

It's something I expected from TellTale after TWD got big, but, uh, oh well i guess.

beinfilms

In Telltale you'd have like Choice A, B, C or D which leads to conclusion E, F, G or H and that's fine, but in Life is Strange it's like:
"Okay Choice A leads to E, but if you talked to this person, it leads to E2, and if you also talked to this other person but not the first one it goes to E3, and if you looked North East at exactly 4PM on the 3rd Friday of the month when the moon was blood red and you were wearing a left sock and a right glove, go to choice E12.45"

And if you didn't look at that one thing, 3 and a half episodes ago, you're going to fuck up.
I'm exaggeration, but it was a really cool detail.

Skrams

Fuck DKC Returns.
I agree if you mean the waggle. If you mean something else then what.
I don't know why you guys are posting these SBF explanations. All that info is in the OP. Not that it matters since no one reads the first page.

Because some people might read the OP and want a personal opinion from other schmuck too. It's a just in case for the 3 people on gaf who click these threads.

I shouldn't have posted that well thought out and carefully sculpted list of my favorite games that I was hoping to get some discussion out of right at the beginning of new thread hype
That was a poor decision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom