• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 3: You are Friender, Want Emancipation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm new to this, could anyone give me cliffs notes on what's great about these guys? I skipped around this thread but it seemed like no one's actually talking about the topic at all, ha.

They're pretty much 4 dudes that talk video games, movies, tv, anime, and other stupid shit you talk with your friends.

They have great chemistry and are usually on top of what's recent/relevant/of interest in those areas.

Like Giant Bomb, but with more madness and lots of funny. One of em is a current Gaffer, and the rest are lurkers.

I'm new to this, could anyone give me cliffs notes on what's great about these guys? I skipped around this thread but it seemed like no one's actually talking about the topic at all, ha.

They actually know about video games and are passionate about them, rather than being "entertainers" who happen to have discovered playing video games is an easy way to churn out content.

I actually like some of the "personalities" (Toby Turner, JonTron, at least some of the Grumps, etc.), but the difference between a youtube content producer who actually plays games and is conversant on them vs. those who do so only for recording purposes or who are only really informed about games from 1992 is pretty obvious. These guys are the former.*

*At least, each of them has individual, often overlapping areas of expertise. Matt's area of expertise might be the worst games on Earth, though. They do have a few obvious holes in their knowledge.

I actually like some of the "personalities" (Toby Turner, JonTron, at least some of the Grumps, etc.), but the difference between a youtube content producer who actually plays games and is conversant on them vs. those who do so only for recording purposes or who are only really informed about games from 1992 is pretty obvious. These guys are the latter.*
I totally agree with this. I greatly appreciate that aspect above their humor or hype or whatever.
You mean former though, not latter. Latter means the second thing you said.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Thanks for the info guys, I'll just start watching OP stuff at random I guess. They seem to have a Giant Bomb type of following here lately, pretty big.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Pat will never come back with all these Pat avatars.
He'll turn around.
Sweetcandy.png

I totally agree with this. I greatly appreciate that aspect above their humor or hype or whatever.
You mean former though, not latter. Latter means the second thing you said.

It's possible I worked seventy-eight hours this week and can't remember what words I've said more than five seconds after they've left my mouth.

On the bright side, I only have about fourteen hours of things I need to get done by Monday, so I can rubber-neck around the new OT for a bit.

It's possible I worked seventy-eight hours this week and can't remember what words I've said more than five seconds after they've left my mouth.

On the bright side, I only have about fourteen hours of things I need to get done by Monday, so I can rubber-neck around the new OT for a bit.

Well now I feel bad for correcting you. I'm sorry. That sounds pretty rough, to say the least.

Well now I feel bad for correcting you. I'm sorry. That sounds pretty rough, to say the least.

All according to keikaku!

Nah, it's fine though. I genuinely love my work, so even when I push into the 80+ range in a week it's not as hellish as it sounds. (And yes, I know the difference. I used to work similar hours at a job I hated.) I mostly just begin to regret that mortal frailty introduces an increasing amount of errors into my output as things wear on.

When are these sons of bitches going to make it so I can live in the database?

All according to keikaku!

Nah, it's fine though. I genuinely love my work, so even when I push into the 80+ range in a week it's not as hellish as it sounds. (And yes, I know the difference. I used to work similar hours at a job I hated.) I mostly just begin to regret that mortal frailty introduces an increasing amount of errors into my output as things wear on.

When are these sons of bitches going to make it so I can live in the database?
That's good to hear. Doing what you want matters above all else, imo.
If there's anything the internet is good at, it's no sense of self restraint,
Anonymity is quite the double edged sword.
You nerds should have posted betterer, and get to OT4 already.

My nonexistent ovaries just exploded.
Eeeeeeeeeeeek it's so cute omg
Second gif looks like Lion King.

Agent York

Neo Member
Have these MGS5 streams been archived anywhere?!? You guys keep saying all these crazy things, and I was only able to catch the PT stuff yestarday.

Yo that's really cool art ^

I've hated the gameplay of every MGS game I've played except Rising, if you even count. I appreciate all the little touches and story though.

Purely on story I give it to either MGS2 or 3. 3 is more self contained and individually interesting, but 2 is a lot more meta, and I adore meta commentary.
To be fair the first three are all arguably the best.
Y'know. This is the most correct opinion.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Yo that's really cool art ^

I've hated the gameplay of every MGS game I've played except Rising, if you even count. I appreciate all the little touches and story though.

Purely on story I give it to either MGS2 or 3. 3 is more self contained and individually interesting, but 2 is a lot more meta, and I adore meta commentary.

Y'know. This is the most correct opinion.
< never ever completed a metal gear game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom