• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 3: You are Friender, Want Emancipation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zenfalcia

You get redbulls and pats rage so that you dont ever need to sleep.

Pat berserk rage, all i need is a giant slab of metal, a metal arm, and repeating crossbow.
I know i'm missing other things like the armour but that's spoilers.

B-but i need sleep or i'll die.

The funny thing is that the references in DS1 and 2 work either way, regardless of your playing order. Demon's is kind of its own thing anyway.

Hmm. Ic. It just feels better to play in order.

I was going to sleep but I see we're nearing the end of this thread. I still haven't finished prepping the new one. Big surprise: the Pat one is winning by a huge margin.

Sorry if this was posted earlier but, where's the vote located?

I'll be honest Armored Core kicks my ass far harder than Demon/Dark Soul series, mostly because in Armored Core there are a lot more factors you have to pay attention to, and your build might be amazing in one mission and flat out awful in the next

I really want to try one Armored Core game, just to see what you mean.

Cool. I'll be on it tomorrow. Got Mario Kart?

Sure do. I can play a couple of races around 6-7 eastern if that works for you.

Really? The difficulty curve is like that I all from games?
Stuff like Armored Core, King's Field, and Shadow Tower start you out in pretty disadvantageous situations, but if you keep playing and learn to make use of mechanics properly, things become perfectly manageable and at times a joke. They don't all become piss easy, but the challenge does become lessened the more you stick with it.

Using Armored Core as an example, you get deducted from your pay for damage to your AC and ammo used. You're not making enough money to get new parts, you're fucked (if you lose more money than you earned, you're ESPECIALLY fucked). But do well, and eventually you're rolling around in credits and have an AC that suits your style so you can decimate everything. Well, save for the occasional fuck hard enemy that's operating out of the bounds of what you as a player are capable of.

Stuff like Armored Core, King's Field, and Shadow Tower start you out in pretty disadvantageous situations, but if you keep playing and learn to make use of mechanics properly, things become perfectly manageable and at times a joke. They don't all become piss easy, but the challenge does become lessened the more you stick with it.

Using Armored Core as an example, you get deducted from your pay for damage to your AC and ammo used. You're not making enough money to get new parts, you're fucked (if you lose more money than you earned, you're ESPECIALLY fucked). But do well, and eventually you're rolling around in credits and have an AC that suits your style so you can decimate everything. Well, save for the occasional fuck hard enemy that's operating out of the bounds of what you as a player are capable of.

So it's intentionally Hard for the sake of being called difficult?

He will either A. Love it or B. be creeped out and never show up here again.

I made you an avatar. Sorry it's so shit, Bull.
CXY6UIZ.png
We're not supposed to talk about this...

Not so much hard, as that "difficulty curve" is a poor choice of words because it usually isn't. By default people tend to call it a "curve" because if you graph it as difficulty over time, that's what it looks like. From games tend to look more like a flat line that starts way higher than the origin point and spikes intermittently, but doesn't necessarily ramp up.

Though, Dark Souls actually has decent curves on the micro-scale (ie, within a given zone), even if it's kind of flat on the macro scale (ie, in the difference between one zone and the next).

360pages

Lets just say, if you mess up a mission in Armored Core, it's better to start from the last save point than pay and try to redo it. Hell in older Armored Core games missions were one and done, that means if you mess up you can't redo them unless you reload.

You could mess yourself up big time in AC if.

Nah, you were around for pretty much all of that arc I think, NCR.

Doujin Rangers actually still made me laugh when I reread it awhile ago.

Doujin Rangers is great because it just sort of happened. Unfortunately we took it too far, but I still think it's one of the peaks of this community.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Nah, you were around for pretty much all of that arc I think, NCR. Though maybe you missed the inception of the nonsense.

Doujin Rangers actually still made me laugh when I reread it awhile ago.
Now i remember the good old days:
Wait until this hell hole gets turn into a high-school anime with all of our lewd avatars as us.
I remember I posted this when it was starting.

Not so much hard, as that "difficulty curve" is a poor choice of words because it usually isn't. By default people tend to call it a "curve" because if you graph it as difficulty over time, that's what it looks like. From games tend to look more like a flat line that starts way higher than the origin point and spikes intermittently, but doesn't necessarily ramp up.

Though, Dark Souls actually has decent curves on the micro-scale (ie, within a given zone), even if it's kind of flat on the macro scale (ie, in the difference between one zone and the next).
Pretty much. Hell, even if there were no bosses like Nineball Seraph or super challenging missions in Armored Core, people would still be struggling to get anywhere because of the controls (going by AC games before Nexus, which introduced a dual analog set up, and even then mechanics are far from simple).

Doujin Rangers is great because it just sort of happened. Unfortunately we took it too far, but I still think it's one of the peaks of this community.
Of course. I had fun with beating it into the ground somewhat, but for it go to a point where people actually had to complain, that is pretty awful.
Now i remember the good old days:

I remember I posted this when it was starting.

You have predictive powers... quick, what's the first Woolie and Liam playthrough gonna be!?

Zenfalcia

It got A LOT deeper in the IRC.

First day of IRC was crazy. Liquids and doujins were everywhere.

So much so it killed IRC because apparently only SeraphisCain and I are the only ones who can be arsed to idle in there.

I come on there from time to time, but life dtops me from staying there to lurk.

I'll post the results in the new thread. It was supposed to be a surprise but everyone is Pat today.
Not me though.
Or am I?

Ah, it's over already? I wanted to see the titles everyone came up with.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Of course. I had fun with beating it into the ground somewhat, but for it go to a point where people actually had to complain, that is pretty awful.

You have predictive powers... quick, what's the first Woolie and Liam playthrough gonna be!?
Uh, uh, Katawa Shoujo!?

im not psychic :(

OK so the winner is:

"Pat please come back, we're not creepy anymore"

but I thought to make it more grammatically correct but idk:

"Pat, Please Come Back! We're Not Creepy Anymore!"

Is this OK?

OK so the winner is:

"Pat please come back, we're not creepy anymore"

but I thought to make it more grammatically correct but idk:

"Pat, Please Come Back! We're Not Creepy Anymore!"

Is this OK?

Ah, why did you spoil it. I wanted to see the title in the thread. Also, I'm fine with the grammatically correct version. Unless people want it to be like that.

Damn it, i almost forgot.
Save the suggestion for creepy anime bullshit though.

Now that you predicted it, it'll be the surprise playthrough that was meant to be, where we watch Woolie love Rin.
Is this OK?

Yes pls. Otherwise, seeing that title lowercase all the time will hurt me inside.
And that Steam's chat is super easy to use, I guess.

Truthfully, I wasn't going to be able to idle at work anyway.

I can't do Steam group chat on the Steam app either, to my knowledge.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I'm new to this, could anyone give me cliffs notes on what's great about these guys? I skipped around this thread but it seemed like no one's actually talking about the topic at all, ha.

Squishy3

Speaking of which, does anyone have the link for the browser version?
Quote to see:

Maybe put it in the next OT Chaobreaker?

I'm new to this, could anyone give me cliffs notes on what's great about these guys? I skipped around this thread but it seemed like no one's actually talking about the topic at all, ha.
They do good one-offs on Machinima and do long-form LPs on their main channel TheSw1tcher. Recommended first LPs are probably stuff like RE2, Deadly Premonition, MGR and Heavy Rain (later to be known as the Sadness trilogy where they play every David Cage game) The Shitstorm is also probably a kind of good hopping in point, which is a month of horror games they do every October.

I'm new to this, could anyone give me cliffs notes on what's great about these guys? I skip around this thread but it seemed like no one's actually talking about the topic at all, ha.

They play the video games and make dumb jokes. Go watch the Heavy Rain LP for a primer. Also, expect lots of off topic shit in here.

This thread's OP is a great primer. I personally recommend whatever game interests you out of the recommendations.
We go off topic a bit in here. We're also about to hop to a new Thread, so it's a bit hectic.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Wait until OT4 and read the op. It will cover everything you need to know about the lore and TBF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom