• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Bomberman R |OT| Buggler? I Hardly Know Her!

Cepheus

I'm loving this game. There are so many stages and accessories and stuff to unlock. But yeah, the first phase of the first story mode boss was nigh-on impossible to beat. The second phase was way easier.

NotLiquid

Okay I just had my first lag-free online game with four players.

When you land into a lag-free online game this is pure Bomberman bliss. I forget I have other games I want to get to, the game is a riot when stars align.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
It's fun, I played it few rounds with my girls but it's also disappointing, could have been much better.

Kouriozan

Played the first 2 worlds with my brother, the control felt weird all along, even more on boss battles, I guess I'm too used to Super Bomberman SNES.

Let's talk about those boss battle, my god they are chaotic when playing with someone else, not saying it's bad and had some laughs, especially on the second boss.

Guys, can I play this game with a single cart on two Switches? ( like downloadplay ).

Bought the game and can't find this anyware
feel pretty stupid right now :(

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I picked this up purely because people rave about Bomberman localplayer and I needed something I can play with friends for longer than Snipperclips. Assuming I'm not too fussed that I paid $50 for it, is consensus that just as a game its alright?

I picked this up purely because people rave about Bomberman localplayer and I needed something I can play with friends for longer than Snipperclips. Assuming I'm not too fussed that I paid $50 for it, is consensus that just as a game its alright?

People seem to really like the multi but think for the price it isn't quite a complete enough package. Since my Wii U is getting packed up I'm hoping it and SnipperClips are good enough for a few game nights before MK8 Deluxe comes out.

ncslamm

Picked this up this morning with my preorder but probably won't touch it until I finish Zelda. Subscribing to the thread in the meantime.

NotLiquid

As a single player experience the Bomberman series has always been "okay". If you can get 4 people together there are few experiences that are as chaotic and fun as Bomberman, and this game is no exception. It's not the best in the series but it's definitely a riot of a time if things get just right. Right now I'm spending most of my time online hoping for good lobbies and I've had decent luck so far. Whenever things get going it's great.

Mknzy

Great OT! Got my copy in the box sitting next to me here at work, waiting to go home and be played! Haven't played any Bomberman in a long time, can't wait to sink my teeth into this one!

They better patch this half second input delay when playing online. I didn't pay much for this game with trade credit flips but I'm really unhappy with how the online play feels.

They better patch this half second input delay when playing online. I didn't pay much for this game with trade credit flips but I'm really unhappy with how the online play feels.

Isn't there input delay in local mode too? I don't have my game yet but I'm worried about the shape of the overall package.

Well looks like they know there is an issue and hopefully it gets fixed fast >.>

https://twitter.com/Konami/status/837826804421316608

Good to see they've acknowledge the problem. I just played a few really good, lag free matches and it just didn't feel as tight as the single player does. Definitely playable, but could be more responsive. I've really enjoyed what I've played of the game so far and really hope this issue is fixed quickly.

Isn't there input delay in local mode too? I don't have my game yet but I'm worried about the shape of the overall package.
Haven't played any local multiplayer yet, but single player feels just fine and I don't feel any input lag.

kamakazi5

First boss was a complete pain. I don't like the way the controls are. I haven't played any of the games past PS1 but why is the movement no longer smooth? It feels way different and much harder to be really precise.

The delay is making it super tough to enjoy but I am charmed as fuck by those animated cutscenes. Utter nonsense, I love it.

I'll wait for the patch before putting any more time into it, though.

First boss was a complete pain. I don't like the way the controls are. I haven't played any of the games past PS1 but why is the movement no longer smooth? It feels way different and much harder to be really precise.

Because it was a game made on a tight budget quickly using unity.

Nairume

Banned
Haven't played any local multiplayer yet, but single player feels just fine and I don't feel any input lag.
I did a little bit of local multiplayer and it didn't feel like there was lag.

After putting more time in it, it definitely shouldn't have been $50, but it's pretty fine as far as bomberman goes.

Vitacat

Well, I have 45 days to return my copy. Not opening unless I hear Konami improves the game.

A real shame, because Bomberman is a great and classic franchise. But, Konami has no respect for anything anymore.

kamakazi5

Because it was a game made on a tight budget quickly using unity.

Something I hadn't really thought about but makes sense.

I have to say I really do enjoy the game so far. Story in a game like this isn't something I care about but the cut scenes are really well done. It's the only game I picked up so I'll probably get through it quickly and sell it before the price bottoms out and grab Zelda.

Seik

Banned
I played a good bit of co-op campaign with a friend today, no regret, the game is awesome so far.

I think it's one of the very rare games I'd recommend using TruMotion, depending on the TV (LG B6 OLED here), since it's locked at 30 it gives it a nice feeling of 60fps.

Didn't try multi yet as I'm deep into Zelda.

dafodeu

Can someone explain to me how voice chat works in this game? If you are playing multiplayer can you chat with every random in game? Or do they have to be your friend?

weekev

Banned
Guys, can I play this game with a single cart on two Switches? ( like downloadplay ).

Bought the game and can't find this anyware
feel pretty stupid right now :(
Was never confirmed for download play so I'd say you are out of luck. You can do 4 players on table top mode or 8 players on the TV though.

Sciz

Local MP is ridiculous fun as always. Co-op campaign is surprisingly tough, even when you're being careful about not blowing each other up. Feeling pretty good about the purchase.

Andyliini

Bought this on launch day, and decided to play the campaign as co-op with my girldriend. We have only beaten the first world, but it was very fun. We'll continue later today, let's see how tough can this game be.

Bomberman on the GC was one of my favorite multiplayer games with my brother and sisters.. they're all getting the switch "for their kids" and made sure to get the game too :)

mrklaw

MrArseFace
If it wasn't £50 RRP I'd buy it.

£39.99 at TheGameCllection or £35 at Argos if you buy bundled with a switch. It'll drop soon enough.

How are the bots in local multiplayer? Probably not buying a second pair of joycons until Mario kart

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Curious, what is disappointing? Picked it up but haven't had a chance to play it yet.
It feels cheap, the core game is as good as ever but it's not as satisfying as I hoped. Now I played 3P with my girls, I'll be more positive after an 8P session with my friends.

Drencrom

Terrorblot

I knew about all the problems before picking it up and figured it'd still be worth it to me because I love Bomberman and wanted some launch games that weren't Zelda, but I gotta say from the 10-15 minutes I spent with this game, feels like a total mess. Definitely a shame.

Cepheus

At first I was a bit confused that there was no infinite time limit option in multiplayer, but I've figured out why that is. There are some stages with multiple levels, and you need to hit switches to activate them. So if a couple of people get elevated to the higher level, and everyone on the lower level is dead (so the switches can't be activated to get the higher level back down), the people on the higher level are effectively stuck with no way to get down, and if they're separated from each other, a stalemate occurs. I've been in a couple of online matches where they get stuck and we've had to wait for the timer to run out/instadeath blocks to start falling. If there was no time limit, you'd be stuck forever.

Top Bottom