• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario 3D World | Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sadist

Ganondorf still antagonist
Hellghast still the antagonists
Templars stil thel antagonists

GODDAMN VIDEOGAMES WHY

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Per noi Italiano amici:
Wiitalia.it: 10/10
http://www.wiitalia.it/2013/11/19/super-mario-3d-world-recensione/

Google Translation:
Mario 3D World is the first truly new Mario.

With its mass of novelty, leads an unexpected breath of fresh air and brings back one of the most important series in the history of video games, for once, proving that you can do much more with the mustachioed plumber who obsessively try to improve the formula that has made him famous in the past.

Gummb

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about Rayman Legends Wii U.
Doesn't multiplayer add 3 more players to the game? Wasn't this confirmed or am I mistaken?

The metric by which Super Mario 3D World is measured @ Escapist is laughable - it's like they tried to find negative points

Multiplayer is completely optional and the second point is just

wat

What!?!

Bowser is still the antagonist!?!?

We can't give the game 5 stars now, guys.

Games with Bowser antagonists get 4 stars MAXIMUM.

MP not adding to the game is simply a lie. Nothing else you can say about that lol. It's the most blatant lie ever. What's it with reviewers now lying straight faced in their write ups?

Especially when you read this...

I never thought I'd say this, but... Super Mario 3D World is easily on par with the Super Mario Galaxy titles and is hands down the best multiplayer Mario adventure that has ever graced a Nintendo system.

Its like they dont want to show that this game is a system seller....

m0t0k1

Bowser again??? I thought that fairy was going to be the final evil boss who kidnaps peach. Pre order canceled!!!!!!!!!!!

daripad

I still don't get people who care about the story in mainline Mario games... Who gives a shit about the antagonist if the platforming is good really?

That's the problem wth industry. People care more about the characters and story and graphics than in the game itself. It's like they are not aware that the most and only important thing in a videogame is the gameplay. Good thing that Nintendo rarely forgets it and that's why I enjoy their games while the rest of the industry is shameful, reviewers, developers and even some gamers.

Porcile

The thing is, the reviewer didn't have any major complaints. Filling up a cons list with silly stuff like that just seems totally pointless and reductive.

NOTE: Fake Review/Score:

"A brilliant amalgamation of different gameplay modes into something truly new and fresh. Fantastic art design and a stirring soundtrack. It all adds up to one the finest entries in Mario's storied history and is a masterclass in platforming game design. However, I don't feel this game does anything to advance gaming as an artistic medium, so 6/10"

-- GameSpot

"I'm that one annoying hipster who likes Super Mario Sunshine better than the other Marios and I won't shut up about it. This is not Super Mario Sunshine 2, so 4/10"

--Polygon

3D World worse than Galaxy 2 confirmed. That game didn't get a single score below 9 on metacritic, really crazy how overwhelmingly positive the reception was.

Zalman

3D World worse than Galaxy 2 confirmed. That game didn't get a single score below 9 on metacritic, really crazy how overwhelmingly positive the reception was.
It still blows my mind how well both Galaxy games were received. Not because they didn't deserve it, but because it almost never happens.

GL7tao0.gif

Coolwhip

Banned
I wish people used reviews as a general impression of a game and not go mental whenever ONE dude on some website rates it below expectation.

It warms my heart that on the eve of the next gen Nintendo is coming out swinging with two of the best reviewed games in years.

too bad about the Wii U sales though.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I wish people used reviews as a general impression of a game and not go mental whenever ONE dude on some website rates it below expectation.

Kind of hard to not blow a fuse, when the only negatives mentioned, are so pointless.

Clockwork5

Thanks for the spoilers Escapist... I was eagerly awaiting to discover who might be the antagonist in this installation of Mario. Would have never guessed Bowser.

Guys, I was joking on the first part (even though I would be really surprised if I enjoyed this game as much as I enjoyed the Galaxy games, but who knows), my post was really about how incredible the reception for Galaxy games was, as Zalman pointed out. Even high-scoring games like GTA 5 and the such get some less positive reviews, Galaxy 2 just didn't, all media outlets went crazy for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom