• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 |OT| with >NEW< hat!

WillyFive

1375266-untitled_1_copy.png

Official Japanese Super Mario Galaxy 2 Site

Official American Super Mario Galaxy 2 Site

Official (WW) Super Mario Galaxy Thread of Reunions, Forgiveness and Love

Nintendo Media Summit 2010 Trailer

Super Mario Galaxy 2 Confirmed

Super Mario Galaxy 2 Reviews Thread of sub-10/10 lynch mobs

Iwata Laughs: Super Mario Galaxy 2

Super Mario Galaxy 2 and the Fluffy Bluff Galaxy Music

Foreword by MisterHero

When the above quote by Reggie was stated, the year’s E3 belonged to the announcement of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight
Princess and the Nintendo DS. Super Mario Sunshine was out for almost 2 years, and yet, Nintendo was still not getting the
market to connect with GameCube on the scale of even their own earlier console efforts. To turn the tide, everyone knew
Nintendo had to do something drastic. I was mostly concerned for Nintendo’s continued ability to create the games with the
unique-yet-broad appeal they’ve always made.

Sure, the games sold and they had the money, but would they know what to do with their characters in the future? Would he
and characters like him become “more realistic” as we saw in Super Smash Bros. Melee? “Cooler” as we witnessed in the
evolution of Sonic post-Adventure? “Tougher” as depicted by his stern visage and rolled-up sleeves on the cover of Super
Mario Sunshine?

The answer came in 2006 perhaps, with the release of New Super Mario Bros. on the DS and the announcement of the first
Super Mario Galaxy. With these games, Nintendo demonstrated that Mario doesn’t need to be anything more than be what he
always was: a fat little plumber that jumps around for our mad amusement. The jumps might get more treacherous, the
enemies might get meaner, and the princess might always get kidnapped, but in space, Mario will continue to jump but never
have to fall.​
1369474-untitled_2_copy.png1.png

TV Commercials

Transmissions

kah378.jpg

2ir6om8.jpg
1369475-untitled_3_copy.png

US: May 23, 2010
Japan: May 27, 2010
Australia: June 10, 2010
EU: June 11, 2010

Boxart (US/JP/EU)
16kzxmw.jpg

DVD's and Pre-Order Bonuses

A DVD included with Japan and European versions of the game, called "My First Super Mario Galaxy 2", which shows new players
how to control Mario, and some tricks for established players. Game.co.uk offered a SMG2-themed piggy bank tin and Amazon
Germany
offered SMG2-themed magnets!

2duzep4.jpg
wvtute.jpg
svm6au.jpg

1369476-untitled_4_copy.png

1374372-untitled_2_copy.png1.png

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Already pre-ordered my US copy (screw waiting till June the 11th). Shame the US didn't get the bonus DVD though.

Lamel

Banned
Finally :D Good thread Willy.

Can't wait for the game; won't be able to buy it Day 1, but definitely will buy it within the first few weeks. Looks so friggin' insane.

Damn that box art is colorful enough to get me to actually buy it day one.

Edit: Actually, I may actually use my $20 gift card from my Amazon Red Dead Redemption order on this game.

Frillen

Hell month for me. Got Alan Wake yesterday, then Red Dead in a week, then Galaxy 2 on the 11th of June. Then there's two exams in the middle to fuck everything up!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
You did well guys.

pirata

*sigh* Despite telling myself that I was going to sit out Nintendo's current console generation, this, alongside the other Mario platformers and the inevitable Zelda, will probably force me to pick up a Wii. I wish I had a PC that could run Dolphin :(

Majmun

GK86 said:
Buying a Wii for this. Already have it pre-ordered. Can't wait. :)

Make sure to play the original also.

Great thread. SMG is still my GOTG. I wonder if this one will surpass it...

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
bmf said:
That's what youtube is for.

Oh, I don't really care, it's just annoying when one territory misses out on a bonus like that. I'm sure they'll put the videos on the US Nintendo Channel (thereby completely defeating their purpose).

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Second said:
Make sure to play the original also.

I'm looking around, trying to find it on the cheap. I played through most of it last year. Never got around to finishing it though, since my brother sold his wii.

hiryu2015

braves01 said:
Already pre-ordered at Amazon with $20 gift card bonus. So excited!

If you pre-order from Amazon, how soon can you expect it to ship? seriously thinking of ordering for the bonus card.

Looks awesome, will be getting, currently playing Super Luigi Galaxy in anticipation, (around 50 stars) which I will hopefully finish before 2 comes out.

Miguga64

I just bought the black wii last sunday just to play this game! I think Mario Galaxy 1 was a MAGICAL game... and I wait the same for this.

Oli

Still looking forward to this, and I shall not permit myself to spoil every inch of it despite the temptation. So until the game comes out I bid this thread farewell.

Great OP though ;)

TreIII

I'm surprised I haven't gotten a call from "Mario" yet. That was something that made me smile when NSMBWii was fast approaching.

"I'm waiting....!"

Ooops, wrong franchise! :lol

Top Bottom