• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Maker |OT| Miyamoto Simulator 2015

Kouriozan

do you have a level uploaded that i can check out (+ follow you)? hard to keep track of all the courses @.@ should be easier once i've followed you all

Sure, made those with "day one" items too.

58A6-0000-0010-9DC8 : the boring one
C848-0000-0011-F664 : tried more stuff but still a bit boring

Should get better with new items and gonna make the Mario Bros. 3 level I wanted tomorrow.

DodoZozo

Neo Member
What controllers can you play with? I'm assuming you need the gamepad for creating/editing courses, but what about playing courses? Specifically, I want to know if sideways Wii remote works. I didn't see this info in the OT, but maybe I missed it.

Robin64

Should get better with new items and gonna make the Mario Bros. 3 level I wanted tomorrow.

Using the codes to follow you.

(What a terrible system)

Kouriozan

Okay, I will look closer tomorrow.
Each time I finished a level and went to leave a comment, the game also put a star automatically.
Well, the top 1 one has 1000 comment so you can leave a message anymore :lol
Is it still the one with the red paratroopa? It sures took me a while to beat.
Using the codes to follow you.

(What a terrible system)
Thanks and yeah, they should put "friends' courses" tab or something.

demonkaze

Ok just uploaded my first course. Don't have all the tools unlocked yet so it might be a bit basic, hopefully it's not unfair but looking forward to hear your thoughts.

ID: AC3D-0000-0012-24BB

Robin64

If you squint, you can juuuust about make out where people died in your level. Wish you could expand that.

wiiu_screenshot_tv_017yr14.jpg

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I'm kind of tempted to buy the digital version because this seems like the perfect game to be able to load up with out the disc, but I still need my physical copies, damn

GAME already sell download cards in store. They should sell digital limited editions where you get a box with the amiibo and booklet, but instead of a disc you get a download card. I want it digitally for convenience, but physically for the goodies

daydream

Banned

the second one had me stumped at the end since i wasn't trying the walljump (and the screen doesn't pan up), haha. i really should be used to nsmb moves at this point >->

star'd and followed!

lt519

Mine is also Preparing Shipment, how much did you guys get charged, I thought it was supposed to be 30% off, got charged $62

Still preparing shipment here in NA. I'm guessing it'll go tonight and be a one day delivery. Stuff usually makes it here in a day for me, just a bummer that it'll probably get in later Friday as opposed to being there waiting for me to get home. I might grab a copy at a Gamestop and then return the Amazon copy to Gamestop when I get it. I was hoping it'd ship yesterday so I could of held it at the UPS store and picked it up today, oh well.

Kouriozan

the second one had me stumped at the end since i wasn't trying the walljump (and the screen doesn't pan up), haha. i really should be used to nsmb moves at this point >->

star'd and followed!
Thanks!
Wish I had the arrow unlocked though, putted some coins as an hint but yeah.

Edit : following a few GAFer as well, Robin and demonkaze.

solaaire

Neo Member
Mine is also Preparing Shipment, how much did you guys get charged, I thought it was supposed to be 30% off, got charged $62

$43.75 after tax. I got $10 off for being a Prime member, then another $10 off from a Citi card promotion. Where did you get 30% from? I hadn't heard of any promotion like that but maybe I missed it!

King_Moc

Banned
My other level has a 5% clear rate, so I thought I'd tone it down a little.

That doesn't seem to have worked though. Think I should have made the bit before the goombas a little easier. Oh well. At least I came up with a bit of a gimmick.

A Cascade of Goombas - 4304-0000-0012-27DE

That doesn't seem to have worked though. Think I should have made the bit before the goombas a little easier. Oh well. At least I came up with a bit of a gimmick.

Huh, that wasn't so bad, only died 3 times, all three deaths were at the beginning. The lakitu at the end makes going for the top of the flagpole a right pain in the arse.

daydream

Banned

i beat it, though it took quite a few tries. liked it! star'd and followed~

Kouriozan

Died a few times, pretty good level.

Robin64

Holy shit you guys I just randomly activated a CRT effect..

I was loading a level from a code above, and just mashed the buttons on the loading screen. I heard a KADUNK noise, and then the level had a curved scanline CRT effect.

daydream

Banned
come to think of it: are the nintendo world championship stages already in this or are they going to be available for download later? i seem to remember an announcement that they were going to be included from the start

King_Moc

Banned
My level ID F9BE-0000-000F-A63E out of 106 people only nine completed it, I made it as hard as possible.

Well, you weren't joking. That would have been insanely hard without the Lakitu to carry me through half the level.

Huh, that wasn't so bad, only died 3 times, all three deaths were at the beginning. The lakitu at the end makes going for the top of the flagpole a right pain in the arse.

Took me a few more than that, and I made it, lol.

daydream

Banned

I was loading a level from a code above, and just mashed the buttons on the loading screen. I heard a KADUNK noise, and then the level had a curved scanline CRT effect.

haha, hitting random buttons worked for me, as well. that's crazy!

Weegee

I was so hoping that my copy would arrive today (a day early), but alas I'll have to wait until tomorrow after work. I've blown off friends so I can sit at home this weekend and play and create levels. So much hype!

Robin64

Okay, the CRT code, for any level in any level style, is this:

On the level's loading screen, hold Down on the d-pad and press B and A together while you do.

Feels like I'm back at the 90s.

Not only because of the CRT effect, but because of CHEAT CODES!

Platy

What controllers can you play with? I'm assuming you need the gamepad for creating/editing courses, but what about playing courses? Specifically, I want to know if sideways Wii remote works. I didn't see this info in the OT, but maybe I missed it.

Basicaly everything except nunchuck and gamecube controller works

NateDrake

Ooh. So they told you how to do it?

They didn't, but they did tell us that we couldn't reveal how to manually activate it. Other stuff was like how to unlock the Nintendo World Championship levels. We had to discover this stuff on our own & couldn't reveal how to do so in any pre-release coverage.

I'm saving this. I thought it only occurred when you used a specific amiibo.
The CRT effect is also unlockable via the 30th Mario amiibo.

Roo

So I just came back home and no one was willing to break street date.
The Best Buy guy was like: Yeah dude, launch day is tomorrow, come back then.
I went to GamePlanet, Gamers Retail and I almost get away with a copy but a guy (I assume the boss) arrived and the kid taking care of my copy was like: sorry I can't

Meh, guess I'll be back tomorrow. So close yet so far ლ(ಠ_ಠლ)

Kinsei

Banned
They didn't, but they did tell us that we couldn't reveal how to manually activate it. Other stuff was like how to unlock the Nintendo World Championship levels. We had to discover this stuff on our own & couldn't reveal how to do so in any pre-release coverage.

It is also unlockable via the 30th Mario amiibo.

So you have to unlock the NWR stages, interesting. I hope it's just something as simple as beating all of the other pre-made courses.

daydream

Banned

aha, interesting! well, i'm not gonna google it just yet, hmm.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
eShop launch @midnight? Should I stay
up
or should I go
to bed

Peltz

Awesome! Although the CRT effect isn't realistic, it's nice to know it's there and accessible (somehow).

Top Bottom