• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Odyssey Preview Thread (9/20) Three kingdoms highlighted and MORE

It's definitely not. It's missing the tropical island from the Direct (
Forgotten Isle
) and
Isle Delfino
. Also, one landmass is shaped like a bat wing that is conspicuously blank imo and I think that could be a more traditional spooky world.

Isn't the bat shape you are talking about just the end of the luncheon kingdom?

It's definitely not. It's missing the tropical island from the Direct (
Forgotten Isle
) and
Isle Delfino
. Also, one landmass is shaped like a bat wing that is conspicuously blank imo and I think that could be a more traditional spooky world.

A bat wing? We're going to Gotham 😮

RagnarokX

Isn't the bat shape you are talking about just the end of the luncheon kingdom?

It's next to Luncheon, yes, but Luncheon's location is Mount Volbono in the middle of the continent on a land mass shaped like a cooking pot on top of a volcano. The whole bat wing is empty.

https://i.imgur.com/2INP0Ws.jpg

The land mass attatched to Seaside's champagne bottle (South America) is probably something, too, but it doesn't have an obvious shape to make a guess about. Every land mass with a location has a shape associated with that location asside from
Lake Lamode, which just has a giant lake.

The map also gives us a better look at a landmass next to the Metro Kingdom that could be something:
2thx9qX.png
Look at its little eyes <3

I do think this could be the 'final map' as in the final 'promo' map, though. This doesn't mean it's showing all kingdoms (we know the tropical island from the direct is missing, for one) but I don't see them adding a lot more text on top of that, it already feels kinda cluttered at parts, lmao.

No
Isle Delfino on there so I think we can safely assume that we won't be visiting it in the game.
Really odd that
Forgotten Isle
is the only area we know of not labeled on the map.

Bummer about
no Isle Delfino. At least we got Peach's castle.

Please don't fuck that up Nintendo.

Roo

No
Isle Delfino on there so I think we can safely assume that we won't be visiting it in the game.
Really odd that
Forgotten Isle
is the only area we know of not labeled on the map.
Weird they completely removed that island. I mean at this point we know it exists. Leaving it with no label would have been way less suspicious &#129300;

RagnarokX

Weird they completely removed that island. I mean at this point we know it exists. Leaving it with no label would have been way less suspicious &#129300;

Well, they didn't remove it... This is the same map from E3, just with more labels on it.

RagnarokX

So we’ll have to wait some more for them to fully update the map then &#129300;

Well, this map is used as a texture on the floor of the Odyssey and other places in-game. Though they did finally fix that issue with the globe outside the Odyssey you use to choose your destination. How did that mistake ever happen.

Oh, missed it when I saw it yesterday but there's also an Odyssey shot that shows us the stickers for
Forgotten Isle and Lake Lamode (the latter's is in the shape of the kingdom and doesn't seem to include the island near it)

There's also these but I don't think it's pointing to anything. I might cross check with other kingdoms later to be sure, though.

E: ok,
considering those two don't seem to match any kingdom AND we've only seen one sticker per purple shop so far, that might have been a stealth reveal of two new ones, haha

E2: apparently the box-art kingdom water Kingdom might have been
Lake
all along lmao. Someone apparently saw some pics of it in the Action Guide section of the Best Buy Demo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ec1f6YF1DA

Kinsei

Banned
Oh, missed it when I saw it yesterday but there's also an Odyssey shot that shows us the stickers for
Forgotten Isle and Lake Lamode (the latter's is in the shape of the kingdom and doesn't seem to include the island near it)

There's also these but I don't think it's pointing to anything. I might cross check with other kingdoms later to be sure, though.

E: ok,
considering those two don't seem to match any kingdom AND we've only seen one sticker per purple shop so far, that might have been a stealth reveal of two new ones, haha

E2: apparently the box-art kingdom water Kingdom might have been
Lake
all along lmao. Someone apparently saw some pics of it in the Action Guide section of the Best Buy Demo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ec1f6YF1DA

Lake Lamode being a temple that's partially submerged is neat.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I would love to see a fan made map of every location from every Mario game someday. Like, Mushroom and Beanbean next to each other, Sarasaland and Dinosaur Land somewhere close by, Isle Delfino... etc.

RagnarokX

Lake Lamode being a temple that's partially submerged is neat.

Huh, I thought it would be an ice world or at least ice-cream themed due to the name, but La Mode also means "in fashion." And I can't help but notice that elements of the the environment look like
a wedding dress

At this point, honestly, I'm avoiding most videos on this game. Title in question, if had not already, sold me on the E3 trailer. Galaxy 2 is seriously my favorite game of all-time, which is quite the accomplished, as I never thought anything from my childhood during the NES/SNES era would be surpassed.

Forgotten isle is forgotten, nobody's going to mark that on a map. Apparently it's situated directly between the two locations before and after, so wouldn't surprise me if you crash land there or whatever.

RagnarokX

Is it based on the real world? &#55358;&#56596;

I think there will be some sort of event that lands you there, like a Bowser fight or something, looks like you'll have fought each rabbit once by that point.

Metro Kingdom is shaped like North America. Seaside is Central America and is attatched to a continent shaped somewhat like South America. Forgotten Isle is sitting out in the middle of this planet's version of the Pacific.

Speaking of progression, I'd like to point this out. First off here's how I think it'll go: https://i.imgur.com/kz0ImZ0.jpg

It's really interesting when you think about it how, at least for the first few worlds,
it follows the usual Mario world progression, especially like NSMB DS:
https://i.imgur.com/9sGdRIa.jpg

World 1 is Grass: Fossil Falls
World 2 is Desert: Tostarena
Then you have a choice between World 3 and 4. In NSMBDS World 3 is Water and World 4 is Jungle, which matches up with Lake Lamode and Wooded Kingdom. Though due to the poison swamp water, Forgotten Isle is also like Jungle. And then it loses the similarities after that.

And of course there are several areas on the map that could be kingdoms, and we don't know how some places factor in.

Top Bottom