• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Odyssey trailer (October 27th)

I cant wait for the dire...uh i mean mario odyssey guys! Right! Only an hour and 15 minutes left until odyssey cant wait, dont know anything about this direct people keep mentioning! Nothing to see here mods! But seriously i hope we get even a little bit of mushroom kingdom to play around in. How cool would it be to have toad village, peach's castle, than not far off from that bobomb battlefield all in the same level

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
One might call it... an indirect thread

tenor.gif

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Is it just me, or does the hype for this game feel rather subdued compared to previous Mario games?

NinjaBoiX

The music sounds awful

Don't like the look of the hat mechanic

Some of the environments look really incongruous

I get a "see what sticks" vibe to the whole production

I dunno, I'm not sold on this at all, seems like a misstep. Hope to be proven wrong but I'm just not excited by this like I'd expect to be.

Smellycat

The music sounds awful

I dunno, I'm not sold on this at all, seems like a misstep. Hope to be proven wrong but I'm just not excited by this like I'd expect to be.

sarcasm?

The music sounds awful

You could have atleast waited until after the direct

rucury

Banned
The music sounds awful

get_out.gif

Game is looking tight af. Really digging the "big bang" music theme, the hat mechanic looks wonderfully weird and inventive. The environments and texture work look amazing and I don't see any problems with the production. Multiple worlds mean multiple different environments and overall themes.

NinjaBoiX

Not at all.
You could have atleast waited until after the direct
I've seen plenty of footage, some of it looks like good ol' Mario but with nicer graphics, some of it just looks really out of place and poorly conceived.
get_out.gif

Game is looking tight af. Really digging the "big bang" music theme, the hat mechanic looks wonderfully weird and inventive. The environments and texture work look amazing and I don't see any problems with the production. Multiple worlds mean multiple different environments and overall themes.
That hat gameplay just doesn't interest me, purely from footage anyway, it might be a different story while actually playing with it.

There is nothing wrong with the visuals, they're really nice actually. And some of the environments look wonderful, but some (like the city) seem to be going for a realistic look that doesn't gel well with the rest of the aesthetic.

And I just don't know about the music, I've always loved it in Mario games but this sounds like nothing that's gone before. And not in a good way.

I'm sure it'll come out and be amazing but so far I'm like "yeah, this looks off and not like my beloved Mario gameplay." I guess we'll see.

Edit: hang on, this trailer is far more impressive than others I've seen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKWBv-djiKk

It looks a lot of fun here for the most part!

Top Bottom