• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Run announced for iOS (Android later), Dec 2016, Screens/Info in OP

The Boat

Between Mario Maker Wii U, 3DS, and Super Mario Run, it'd be impossible for Nintendo to sell a NSMB in the same vain as the previous 4. Maybe that confirms the end of the series?
Yep, that has been my opinion ever since Mario Maker came out. 2D Mario will probably see some changes.

Simbabbad

Am I the only one completely turned off by the perpetual running mechanic? I've played some iOS games with it, and I never did like them.
It's amazing in Bit. Trip Runner.

Yep, that has been my opinion ever since Mario Maker came out. 2D Mario will probably see some changes.
Not that sure about it, there is a HUGE gap between Mario Maker and NSMBU/NSLU, tons of mechanics are exclusive to the full games.

Am I the only one completely turned off by the perpetual running mechanic? I've played some iOS games with it, and I never did like them.

I'd rather play it like that than with a touchscreen Dpad. I feel like any platformer that even tried to use that was completely unplayable

KooopaKid

Banned
Which is why I think the Rayman games will turn out to be the better ones compared to this.

I think the level design and replay value will be way better than the Rayman games. I also think the gameplay will be deeper as well, even if it's only about tapping the screen, thanks to the different blocks and optimizing your run.

I'd rather play it like that than with a touchscreen Dpad. I feel like any platformer that even tried to use that was completely unplayable

Yep, the only way to do it IMO. Even Rayman controls are a bit "complicated" and finicky as a result, you are not in control 100% of the time.

Between Mario Maker Wii U, 3DS, and Super Mario Run, it'd be impossible for Nintendo to sell a NSMB in the same vain as the previous 4. Maybe that confirms the end of the series?
I'm pretty sure it's been all but confirmed dead. I'm pretty sure that Nintendo said whatever next steps a console or handheld Mario will be taking will tread new ground some time recently, Either way I sincerely doubt the next AAA Mario title will have a three-dimensional Mario model running across flat, ugly, repeated tilesets. If they want people to get interested in Mario and Nintendo again, they're gonna have to promise much more than just another NSMB game. They were cool at the time but look insanely dated today, especially at $40-$60 a pop.

Da-Kid

I hope we get a new 2D Mario game in this style..

Marioicon_sm3dw.png

Rosalina_icon.png

Or this..
Concept_cat_peach.jpg

ultrazilla

Gold Member
No, it'll be free to download which would come with a small amount of courses that people can play for free.

Then to access the full entire game there will be a one-off fee that people pay. You only have to pay this fee once to have access all content in the game.

Thanks Ninja for the answer! :)

Can't wait for this!

Top Bottom